(Closed) Nov. 5, 2011 brides!

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

hi date twin!!! =) we’ve booked church, reception, photographer, florist, and DJ. I’m getting ready to book our string quartet and having a meeting with a DOC in Feb. i also bought my dress on new years eve!!! =)

i’m on here now getting ideas on how to ask my girls to stand up…Fiance has been dragging his feet teling me how many groomsmen he wants to have! so i still need to do that, but have bridesmaid dresses picked out. 

also decided theme over Christmas…going to do a rustic, fall, shabby chic theme. our reception is in a barn, so going to have cafe lights stringed up, mason jars, burlap runners, chalkboards, ect. getting so excited!!!

Post # 4
2702 posts
Sugar bee

Hi date twins!

So far we have our ceremony site, reception venue, DJ, photographer, trolley for transportation, and caterer. I also blocked out hotel rooms. I went dress shopping this weekend and I am also going tomorrow. I hope I pick one soon!

After that we are hoping to book a honeymoon. Then bridesmaid dresses.

I am thinking of getting the florist and cake in a couple of months.

Good luck all of you date twins!

Post # 5
135 posts
Blushing bee

Gosh, you guys are making me inadequate right now haha! 

So far we’ve booked the venue, the photographer, gotten my dress, picked the bridesmaid dresses, asked our priest and umm that’s it! Our venue takes care of a lot like a providing a pastry chef and a pianist for cocktail hour. So I guess we aren’t too far behind. 

Next up: ceremony site (may be at our venue if we can’t find a church) and finding DJ! 

Have any of you started to look at Honeymoon destinations? 

Post # 6
767 posts
Busy bee

I’m Nov 5th, We done, reception and ceremony venue, DJ, Musicians for ceremony, photographer, dress, colors, officiate, and we’re deciding on the cake now.  My Fiance has done alot of the honeymoon stuff, we’re hoping to book next month!  

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee

I am having issues with my planning. Had a place all set, Deposit was given before I looked at the place via my sister, as I was told it was big enough for my Ceremony and reception. Well, yes that would be the case if I cut my Wedding to maybe 30 people. And I just could not bring myself to do it.So, now I am back at square one looking for a place to have my Wedding. I really wanted to have both at one location – but nothing has dropped out of the sky and fell into my lap! lol. Either Venue is too high or all of the add ons are too high. Or just when I think I have a place, they are already booked. Having a tough time. My main issue is that I do not have a lot of money to get the nice places that are not booked. It is just my FH and I paying for it, with no assistance.

Now, I do on the other hand have my dress, the bridesmaid dresses are on order, I have a photographer, officiate and the deposit on our Honeymoon. But no idea where we are having it. Already pushed back the date from April 2nd to November 5th.

Stressing in Dunedin!

Post # 9
767 posts
Busy bee

@miss bloom: We are probably doing Bali.  We were originally thinking Tahiti, but it was really expensive, so the travel agent suggested Bali which was just as nice, but cheaper when you get there (since their currency isn’t tied to the Euro).

Post # 10
767 posts
Busy bee

@michele.lunn:Is there something special about Nov 5, 2011?  If not, have you thought about changing the date?  If you push the wedding off maybe you can get a venue you like that is in your price range?  

Post # 11
2702 posts
Sugar bee

@miss bloom:thanks! I love the look of it and it’s practical to fit the 20 some people in it!

I went dress shopping twice but I didn’t have “that moment”. I really like a lot but I didn’t fall in love with it. When I do find one, I’ll make sure to post it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
135 posts
Blushing bee

@AmberAustin: & @miss bloom: oooh both good honeymoon choices. I’m pretty conflicted right now. We have a decent budget for a honeymoon and I feel like we flip flop everyday. Some days we want to go backbacking through Europe (or just staying in a couple of key cities), then other days I just want to sit on a beach in Bali. Haha I know this is a good problem to have and feel lucky to get a honeymoon- but I just want to make sure we pick the right spot! 

I’m not sure if we have a big enough budget for Bali. AmberAustin- would you mind me asking, how much did tickets cost? 

Post # 13
53 posts
Worker bee

Yay November 5 brides! I started the same post a few days ago but no one responded, glad to have found you guys ๐Ÿ™‚

We have booked the venue (we actually did 2 months before we were officially engaged..!), booked photographer & videographer, I bought my dress & just waiting for it to arrive in June, found my makeup & hair girls, have engagement photoshoot date booked, and we are beginning to gather decorating supplies!

My fiance is designing our invitations so we are thinking about what we want to do for this. We are skipping STD to save money! When are you guys sending out invites?

Post # 14
53 posts
Worker bee

Oh, and we had our bands custom-made & picked them up yesterday, they are beautiful!

Post # 15
767 posts
Busy bee

@FallBzz:Tickets from boston to Bali were running from 1300-1500/ticket.  I found it cheaper (and possibly faster) to fly to NYC and then get a ticket to Bali from there.  In terms of price of packages for the hotels and stuff, I don’t really know.  That’s what I’m waiting for.  We’re expecting the trip (mininum of 14 days) to be able 6500-8000.  I know that’s a big range, but that’s the best I can do.  I will let you know when I get more info, if you promise to let me know what info you fine ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 16
767 posts
Busy bee

@MlleBrielle: Yeah I just bought my dress, and still wondering if I shoudl ahve waited for “the moment” that I never got.  Let me know how the shopping goes!

The topic ‘Nov. 5, 2011 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors