Post # 1
I’ve seen a few date twins out there. Just a little over 8 months to go!!!! Sometimes I feel like I have lots done and other times I panic over what’s left to do.
- Church booked
- Reception venue booked
- Caterer booked
- Photographer booked
- Have my dress and veil
- Hair appointment for day of made (and appointment the week before to get my regular dye job)
- Cake not booked but have my vendor
- Florist appointment tomorrow evening. If the price is in budget then they will be booked then
- Met with a decorator but she was a little over budget. Waiting to see if its more in line with the removal of uplighting. I think it should be good though.
- Working on invitations. I’ve done some graphic design before so we’re DIY
- Music will be DIY. Fiance worked in radio as a music and then program director. He has the gear, music collection, and knowledge to DIY
- I’m asking my cousin to play at the ceremony – she’s the regular church organist.
Waiting to get into the marriage prep course here in the archdiocese. The lady I talked to put us on a list but they are apparently backed up. She got me all worried that we wouldn’t have it done 3 months before (like you are supposed to). They don’t offer it in the summer so we would have to get it done before that. I’m on the parish council at my church and asked Father about it and he said not to worry about it.
How’s everyone’s planning and prep going?
Post # 2
Hi LarLa!! We are 11/15 as well! It’s a second marraige for us both so we are just having fun with it as we go.
I think we have most done that we can right now:
- Venue booked (ceremony outside)
- reception in their terrace room
- photo booth
- Linen/decor rental
- blocked hotel rooms/reserved ours for night of
- decided on tuxes just need to reserve closer tto booked honeymoon
- sent out save the dates
- invitation suites/signage/menus/programs being worked on now through Etsy seller
- cake topper
- bought papers for escort cards/table numbers
- stuff to make petal cones
- sparklers for send off
- booked honeymoon
still need to:
- get my Maid/Matron of Honor to pick out her dress. She wants to wait until its closer though.
- Have makeup/hair trials (appts made but not done)
- find headpiece
- Order tuxes send out invites in late Aug
- do invites
- get license
- do seating chart/escort cards in last couple weeks
- ……and the biggest…..TO FINISH PAYING IT ALL OFF!! Lol
I really wanted to have it all booked ahead of time so I can budget it all out and pay on each monthly. I didn’t want to wait until last minute.
So excited its getting closer!!!!!! share your updates as you do them! What dress did you get? I want to see!!
Post # 3
8 months exactly from today!!!! Eeeeeeeeeee!!! I can’t wait!
Post # 4
Hi date twins!! Less than 8 months?! YAY!! So far, we have…
- Ceremony booked (lakeside gazebo) w/ horse and carriage
- Cocktail hour booked in front of waterfall
- Reception booked in ballroom (Caterer comes with venue)
- wedding planner booked
- florist/linens booked (but flowers not finalized)
- photographers booked and photobooth
- dress ordered!
- Tasted cake and did a design session but still working it out (I want an upside-down chandelier cake)
We still need to figure out:
- officiant DJ videographer hair and makeup select attire for groom, Groomsmen, BMs
- Accessories for bride
- Save the dates
- engagement photos
- favors, hotels, website and probably a whole lot of other stuff!!
Keep up the good work ladies- you are so on top of everything!! 11/15/14 is going to be an AMAZING day!!!
Post # 5
Hey Ladies! Here is where we stand so far:
- Church is booked
- Reception booked
- caterer booked (includes cake, but menu has not been decided)
- florist booked
- photographer booked – enegagement session completed
- dress ordered
- some accessories decided (earrings, necklace, bracelet)
- DJ booked
- save the dates bought – there was a sale online, we will be sending out at the end of April
- hotel for guests/shuttle booked
- our hotel booked
- bridesmaid dresses ordered
- wedding website created
What we need to do:
- transportation for bridal party after ceremony and before reception
- groom/groomsmen attire
- order flower girl dress
- book hair and make/up – in process of doing that now
- menu tasting and cake tasting
- ALL of the DYI decor including center pieces
- find shoes
- order invites
- EVERYTHING ELSE haha
Sometimes i wish it would speed up to November already but i am really enjoying the process so far!
Post # 6
I know what you mean. I love this part planning it with him but I just want to be his wife already and have the wedding behind us and life back to normal.
Novbride – did you get your engagement pics back? i wanna see! we opted not to have them since it’s a second marriage for both but now i’m second guessing that and might do them still. thoughts?