(Closed) November 2011 brides… where are you honeymooning?!

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

My wedding date is Nov. 19th so we are waiting to leave until after Thanksgiving. Originally I had said to fi that I wouldn’t mind being away for the holiday since its a lot of running around but he told me he thinks we’ll need a honeymoon even more after thanksgiving lol which is probably true, so we are leaving on sat. nov 26 and we are going to montego  bay Jamaica, specifically Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Where are you going? When is your wedding and when are you thinking about leaving?

Post # 5
2195 posts
Buzzing bee

We’re waiting until February, I think. Right now we’re leaning towards Costa Rica.

Post # 6
624 posts
Busy bee

We are getting married on Nov 13. and leaving for Italy on the 14.  We’re planning for 2 weeks, so no Thanksgiving for us this year, or maybe we’ll find some turkey in Italy.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
308 posts
Helper bee

@Sah: Yah, I was so excited after we booked our honeymoon! Disney World sounds great!

Costa Rica and Italy sound amazing!

Post # 8
118 posts
Blushing bee

We’re getting married November 12th and we’re leaving on the 13th for a cruise! We’re getting married in Miami (my home town) and though it wasn’t our first choice it made the most sense to do a cruise. I cruised a bunch with my parents when I was younger so my fiance gets to take advantage of the rewards perks I’ll get us! We’re going to just stay down in Miami after we get back to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. (Thank goodness I’m able to save up enough vacation time. It’s just not fun to take NO vacation days during the rest of the year while I’m saving my time!)

Post # 9
179 posts
Blushing bee

We’re getting married on the 12th, but due to his job (and Thanksgiving) we can’t leave for our honeymoon until the 29th of November. But we’re spending one week in Paris and one week in Rome, so it makes up for having to wait a couple weeks to go, lol.

Post # 10
391 posts
Helper bee

We are getting married Nov 5. And we leave on Nov 19th and will be gone for 10 days and are going to Jamaica. We are going to the Couples Resort Sans Souci and can’t wait. We booked about a month ago and we are glad we did, because the prices have jumpes since. Espceically airfare with the gas prices having gone up.

Post # 11
2702 posts
Sugar bee

We are getting married November 5 and we are leaving November 17 to go on a cruise to St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and Haiti for 10 days. I can’t WAIT! The wait between the wedding and honeymoon will suck…especially while im at work..but it will be so worth it! We’ll have something else to look forward to!

Post # 12
102 posts
Blushing bee

I think we’re going to go to the Dominican Republic, but the tickets aren’t bought yet.  We went for my birthday in January and both had a really great time ๐Ÿ™‚  We’re thinking of trying the The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium.

We wanted a sun destination, and we didn’t want to go anywhere with excessive crime.

We’re going to leave a week later, because we want to be able to arrive at the honeymoon rested instead of sleep deprived and hungover, we didn’t want to have to add ‘pack’ to the list of things to do before the wedding, and also wanted to have some time to see guests who flew in for the wedding.

Post # 13
4109 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

We’re minimooning in Ft. Lauderdale, FL for 5 days at the cutest little resort. It’s about 2 hours south of where we live & we’ll leave 2 days after the wedding so we can gather ourselves (plus not worry about packing until then, haha!).

Post # 14
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We’re debating between Italy and the St. Lucia or St. John’s. I’m kinda freaking out that we haven’t booked anything yet but he’s not worried.

How far in advance should a honeymoon be booked?

Post # 15
5110 posts
Bee Keeper

were thinking vegas.

The topic ‘November 2011 brides… where are you honeymooning?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors