(Closed) November 2011 brides

posted 8 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

wow. you have a lot more things done than i do. way to go!

i have the church booked and my dress bought. trying to finalize a reception venue this week. 

i really need to get in gear!

Post # 4
653 posts
Busy bee

I feel like I have so much more to do!! This is what we have done:

• Dress, veil, tiara, necklace, and wedding band
  • Photographer
  • Venus
  • Church
  • Save-the-dates
  • Invite material (need to put them together)
  • Flowers bought (silk.. but I think I need more)
  • Part of our favors
  • Cake topper
  • Guest “book” (using a frame)

I just want to get things done!! AHHH

Post # 6
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m 10/29, is that close enough? I feel like I’m done, too.

Have you collected all of your guests contact information? I used a Google Form to collect all of it, I’ll be able to directly transfer it to weddingwire for my online RSVPs.

Post # 7
566 posts
Busy bee

@sonj818: I was debating whether to use the google form or weddingwire’s tool. Why’d you go with the google form?

Post # 8
646 posts
Busy bee

@katsupgirl: I guess I didn’t realize weddingwire had a tool to collect the addresses! If you PM me your email, I’ll send you my form so you can see what it looks like!

Post # 10
566 posts
Busy bee

There’s a collect addresses tool on wedding wire under the guests section. I tested it and it seemed to work okay. Once it went into my spam folder though.

Post # 11
646 posts
Busy bee

@katsupgirl: I just PMed you more info.

BUT for the rest of you! I figured out the differences between Weddingwire’s address collection and my google doc. (I’ll be creating a separate thread, too!)

Weddingwire collects only the Address, City, State, and Postal Code based on the names and e-mail addresses that you’ve entered it.

The GoogleForm allows you to create the questions that you’d like to ask. Mine asked for:

• Name
  • Spouse/Fiance/Significant Other name (Obviously I know most information for both of these first two, but it allows me to double check spelling)
  • Address
  • City
  • State
  • Zip
  • Preferred Phone
  • Preferred E-mail address
  • A box to check if they’re moving in the next year

The disadvantage is I haven’t figured out yet how to have Google tell me who hasn’t responded… I have to compare and figure it out myself. I think weddingwire does that for you. 🙂

Post # 12
2702 posts
Sugar bee

We have: Ceremony site, reception venue, trolley booked, DJ, photographer, honeymoon…..

Still need: Dress, bridesmaid dresses, florist, bakery, invites

Getting there!

Post # 13
946 posts
Busy bee

We’ve picked a date….I tentatively have a venue booked.  I’m going up to see it with my parents.  It’s a friends of the family’s farm that happens to be a wedding venue.  

I may have a dress?  I don’t know.  My mom has a dress from a friend of hers who was recently married and I’m going to try that out.  

Oh!  We finally decided on wedding party!  But we’re going to wait another week or so to tell them.

The venue is all inclusive, so we’re holding out to lock that down before we do anything else. 

Post # 14
14 posts
Newbee

You sound like you have a pretty good handle on it!!!

About the only thing I have left to do before 11/11/11 is make my garter (I want to order a little Vegas sign charm to put on it.)  Of course, I’m cheating a little bit because our package included the music, flowers and photography.  And my Future Mother-In-Law is throwing the whole reception when we get back home!

DONE:

Dress (it’s at the seamstress getting its bustle as we speak)

Veil

Shoes

Stockings

Undergarments

Makeup

Perfume

Flowers are picked out

Lodging

Transportation

Save-the-dates

Flights and lodging for guests

Probably forgetting something I’m sure!

Post # 15
14 posts
Newbee

You sound like you have a pretty good handle on it!!!

About the only thing I have left to do before 11/11/11 is make my garter (I want to order a little Vegas sign charm to put on it.)  Of course, I’m cheating a little bit because our package included the music, flowers and photography.  And my Future Mother-In-Law is throwing the whole reception when we get back home!

DONE:

Dress (it’s at the seamstress getting its bustle as we speak)

Veil

Shoes

Stockings

Undergarments

Makeup

Perfume

Flowers are picked out

Lodging

Transportation

Save-the-dates

Flights and lodging for guests

Probably forgetting something I’m sure!

Post # 16
515 posts
Busy bee

I feel like there’s so much to do but when I look at my to-do list most of it’s been done.

I have a few things left to do, Finish paying for the venue, officiant, and DJ and the rental car for the getaway from the reception. Get final alterations done on my dress, find a Jr’s Bridesmaids Dress (I’m looking for something in black in a size 14 (kids) if anyone has an idea please let me know), find a garter, mail the last invitations out(will be done today). Order the bouquets and get them set up for delivery, go get the marriage license 🙂 (excited about that) lol. My fishes for the centerpieces, but I can get those the day of. ETC. ETC. So much to do so little time. UGH… 🙂

The topic ‘November 2011 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors