(Closed) November 2012 Babies!

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 317
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
@dynamic_duo:  Wow interesting!  You would think they would want the Father in there too so that if there is a problem with organs they would want to let both parents know and understand.  I guess it’s good they let him come in for a short time.  

Anyone doing a gender reveal party?  My hubby wants to and I sort of.  I’m hesitant because my parents are divorced and there’s a lot of tension.  So that means I would have to do to reveals and working out the timing so that the second group doesn’t find out prior to the party is tough.

Post # 318
7294 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@vintage2010:  i’m not planning on it. we already told our families and some friends that we’re having a boy!  Although i had considerd revealing the gender at my baby shower. i heard an idea (probably on weddingbee) where you cut into the cake and the inside is either pink or blue!  I just didn’t want to do a separate party for it, so i thought having a cake like that at the shower would be fun.  Although i decided againist it too because i know my family and friends will be buying me baby clothes and while i am fine with gender neutral, i want some boy stuff too!   

I think to keep something a surprise, we will wait to reveal our little guy’s name until he is born.

Post # 320
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@vintage2010:  Oooh I saw the cake cut as blue or pink on here somewhere too, that would be fabulous. Ahhh now I really want cake!!!! We’re not doing a gender reveal, we’re going to keep it a secret until she’s born. My husband even wants to text everyone a picture of the new baby wearing lemon with just one word – ” guess”. Ha ha! I’d love to do that but my sisters would disown me, they’re already trying to trick me by referring to it as a boy or a girl in emails and seeing if I bite : )

View original reply
@dynamic_duo:  We’re going to wait until it’s born too. I have no idea how we’re going to choose a girl’s name though – all of our ideas were boys!

View original reply
@MissMusic:  There are indeed some cute boy clothes out there, I’m still a teeny bit jealous of all you having boys!

View original reply
@IslandLove07:  That’s fab that your hubby has been able to feel baby on the outside! Although after seeing the ultrasound I think this little one could give Mike Tyson a run for his money – when it gets stronger, it’s gonna hurt, lol.

Post # 321
2695 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@travelgirl1:  I don’t know how you can keep it a secret!  I know I’d spill the beans.  I’m already doubting I can keep it a secret unitl the reveal party!  Good luck and you might purposely say things to your sisters to throw them off.

I felt the baby move this weekend!  Only time I feel it is late at night when I’m sitting in the recliner. I was trying to figure out if it was gas or baby and then the next night it was doing it again. The dog jumped in my lap and the baby pushed back.  So that confirmed it for me. 

Post # 322
2702 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

haven’t posted in a while – so great to hear the updates and see so many due month twins! πŸ˜› i am now 18w1d along~~ can’t believe how fast it’s going! πŸ˜›

What are you looking forward to in 2nd tri?  Feeling the baby move AND a rounded baby bump, also starting to get cracking on the nursery and finishing registry!

Have any of you found out the sex? or waiting? We will be finding out in a week! (19w1d) 6/25!

Post # 323
2695 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@missjyc:  Be sure to update us next week when you find out!

Post # 324
74 posts
Worker bee

Joining the movement club, have felt some definite thumps – I feel like I have a drum in my stomach! Can’t wait until it is strong enough for my husband to feel.

Call me crazy but I called to move up our anatomy scan 3 days.. ha! I can’t wait!

Post # 325
7294 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@vintage2010:  that’s so awesome! i have barely felt any movement. i think i felt the “bubbles” only once so far.  i can;t wait to feel more prominent kicking and enough that DH can feel it too!

View original reply
@travelgirl1:  lol, i was the opposite with names. i had severl girl name options. And just one for a boy….although we have pretty decided that that is it! so i think we have a name, yay!

View original reply
@MissMusic:  thanks!  and i think all i needed was an adjustment period. i am stoked to be having a boy now!  well i still worry about what he will be like when he is an adolescent, but that is a long way off, lol.  having a name for him makes me even more excited. Because DH and I have moved from calling him “the alien growing inside me” or “the baby”  to the name we decided.  Makes it so much more real and fun. I get excited everytime DH refers to our baby by his name, lol.

Post # 326
2695 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@dynamic_duo:  What name did you end up with?

Has anyone started working on the nursery?  All we’ve done is started emptying out the closet in that room.  

Post # 327
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Clark Gardens

View original reply
@vintage2010:  We’ve been dumping everything that friends and family have given to us as hand-me-downs in there. It used to be totally empty and ready for nursery furniture!  

View original reply
@anonmidwest:  Same here! Some definite new feelings (thumps, rolls, bubbles, etc.) going on. 

Post # 328
2695 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Mrs. High Wire:  I know what you mean about dumping things in there!  That was our catch all room too!  Hubby finally put down some flooring in the attic so we could put somethings from our childhood up there.  I had 4 boxes of old dance costumes.  So I started going through those and getting rid of ones that didn’t fare well in the attic at my parents house.  I hope to make a trunk of costumes for dress-up time… that’s if we have a girly-girl!  πŸ™‚

Post # 329
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Clark Gardens

View original reply
@vintage2010:  We had already cleared out all the regular stuff from the room. What we dumped in there now was ALL baby stuff. So I don’t know what to do with it!

Post # 330
7294 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@vintage2010:  we’re not telling anyone until he is born  πŸ™‚   If ever though i decide to go against that decision and tell my family and friends IRL, i will let the bees know as well.  It is not a weird or crazy name or anything, i just don’t want any opinions besides DH’s and mine to influence our decision.

As for the nursery, you are ahead of me! First step is emptying all the crap we have in there and all i have done is empty the bottom dresser drawer….3 more drawers to tackle, the closet and randomness everywhere.

Post # 331
7294 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I had the rest of my anatomy scan today and it was sooo fun to see my baby again. DH didn’t bother coming this time since we knew he would only get in there for 2 minutes at the end. And this time the whole appts was only 15 minutes, not even.  But i got more pics! I also asked the tech to confirm the gender again and he is definitely a boy!   I am also happy today because i had a prenatal appt and got the rest of the results from the second trimester screening blood tests and everything was great! relief!

here is Baby Unicorn at 20 weeks and 5 days!

The topic ‘November 2012 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors