(Closed) November 2012 Brides! Come in! Come in! Come inside it's nearly here! :-D

posted 7 years ago in November 2012
Post # 17
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@Soon2BeeMrsG:  Here is my dress…sorry for the ridiculously large pics ๐Ÿ™

Post # 18
2692 posts
Sugar bee

OMG! yes it is almost here… less than 3 months now to go and I am feeling pressure. Everytime I get asked about my wedding I get all nervous and excited.  Oh wow, can’t believe it’s almost here and I still have a ton to do.  Yikes!  BUT making prgress.

Wedding Date: 25th November

Why November: Our wedding date is our 14 year anniversary (always wanted to get married on that date)  It’s been our anniversary for so long and the date is so special to us, I wanted to keep it the same.

Thing (s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: Invitations! Yes.  I can’t finish them because I still have to book a ceremony site BUT they need to go out next month so crunch time is here.

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to……

Seeing my family, who will be flying in (some I haven’t seen in over 8 years), the dancing and the fun.  I can’t wait o just get married, go on honeymoon and soend time with family.  And finally be able to call fi my husband and have it be true. LOL

Post # 19
2692 posts
Sugar bee

Freaked out about: money… sigh.  Things keep getting added to our already tiny budget and people keep getting added to our already ballooning guest list. LOL.

Oh, and count us out of the TTC… we are DONE, DONE with having kids. We have 3.

Post # 20
310 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date: November 10

Why November: We were engaged in November of 2011- my fiance wanted to wait until early 2013 to have the wedding, but with the way his vacation works, we wouldn’t have been able to have the wedding/honeymoon until later on in the year… so we decided on November. I love the weather in November, the sound of 11/10/12, and our colors (navy and silver) work perfectly.

Thing(s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: I am mailing invitations this weekend/beginning of next week, I have a couple DIY projects left (programs, backdrop, possibly doing a flower letter for the podium), finish gathering/wrapping gifts… that is about it. I have my second dress fitting on Saturday (I went a bit early for the first, but I was SO excited!)

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to… Bridal shower, bachelorette party, wearing my gown, decorating for the wedding, rehearsal/dinner, giving everyone their gifts, seeing our friends and family, having my dad walk me down the aisle, smashing cake in my fiance’s face!… all of it!

Most freaked out about at the moment: Receiving RSVPs! We invited 443 guests so… I have a feeling that will be the biggest stress/headache.

&… the TTC question… We’ve talked about it a few times & I think we are going to wait for about 2 years after we’re married.

Post # 21
Hostess
326 posts
Helper bee

OMG aloisk57 You look insanely beautiful in your dress!

No date twins for me in this thread aww!

Wedding Date: 17th of November

Why November: My fiance proposed on the 20/11/2010 and we wanted to get married at roughly the same date as our engagement! Thats why we chose this date. In hindsight we should have chosen the 10th because then your wedding date (in the format that Australia uses) would be 10/11/12!

Thing (s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: I need to get my dress fitted, the gifts for my bridesmaids and pay pay pay all the vendors!

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to…… I am looking forward to our Hawaiian honeymoon! My fiance has never been overseas and i have never been Hawaii and its somewhere I have always wanted to go so I am extremely excited! I am also looking forward to rocking the night away with our nearest and dearest!

Most freaked out about at the moment: Unfortunately we are getting married in a small country town and on the same weekend of our wedding there is a big rally event happening! This means that all the decent acommadtion is already booked! We prebooked as much as possible but I am scared that guests won’t attend if they have no where to stay!

Post # 22
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Soon2BeeMrsG:  Hi date twin!!! I’m having so many issues and it seems like more problems are arising than solutions! But anyways, of couse my wedding date is Saturday November 24th. Why November? We are having our wedding the weekend after Thanksgiving because our Out of Town family will already be down for the holidays so that worked out. I’m hoping for fair weather still at this time because I have always dreamed of an outdoor wedding but down here it doesn’t get too cold.

Things that still need to be done are the Save-The-Date Cards still need to be sent out along with bridal shower invitations and by the end of Sept., wedding invitations!!!!

Other than marrying the man of my dreams, I am most looking forward to our honeymoon in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fiance has never really traveled or had a vacation and we have 3 kids so we REALLY could use the break!

I am most freaked out at the moment about the girls being able to get their dresses on time and money.

Post # 23
2177 posts
Buzzing bee

@Jacofblues:  I’m your date twin, don’t worry!

Wedding Date: November 17

Why November: It just… happened.  We wanted to get married before the end of the year, I love fall and our preferred venue had an opening.  Done!

Thing (s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: Put together the favors and buy the last few decor items, go for first dress fitting.

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to…… Seeing family and friends, wearing my dress and FINALLY being done with this planning.

Most freaked out about at the moment: Public displays of emotion.  Hate ’em, but I know they are going to be abundant.  I am SO dreading blubbering and looking like a hot mess during the ceremony.

Post # 24
488 posts
Helper bee

It’s good to know that you all are freaking out just as much as I am. I swear, it just seemed like last year I was getting engaged and I had a year to plan! EEEEK! 

Why November?: We both love love fall. It’s the perfect weather in Texas! We originally wanted to get married on the day we were engaged 11/11, but since it was a Sunday and so many people are traveling, we bumped it up a day. 

Things that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: Settling on the decor, purchasing event insurance(ugh my venue REQUIRES IT!), selecting the favors and gifts for the parents (what do you get someone who has everything?!) 

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to: Just ENJOYING the day without all the stresses, wearing my dress, and the honeymoon! Finally more than one day off that isn’t a company holiday! 

Most freaked out about at the moment: My future Mother-In-Law is 5 hours away but she can still manage to make me totally exhausted. I’m scared to death something is going to go wrong at the wedding… Ie my future step son throwing a tantrum in the middle of the ceremony.  And I’m deathly afraid of being in front of all those people! 

Post # 25
367 posts
Helper bee

Why November: That date is our 5th anniversery and the date (in Australia anyway) is 10.11.12!! Perfect!

Thing(s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: Who knows!! A few DIY projects, finallising the menu (FI doesn’t see why we need a menu…),

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to…… Rocking out with my friends and family, seeing my new family in law faces when they realise I’m not just a quiet wall flower and can dance up a storm when with the right people and of course Honeymoon!!! Although we don’t leave until June next year!

Most freaked out about at the moment: The second dress I ordered online is being posted, after a total disaster first dress. Will it fit and look ok?! Also did I stick the invites envelopes down well enough or are all my invites going to be lost in the mail!!

Post # 26
114 posts
Blushing bee

Wedding Date: November 21st

Why November:  Gave us enought time to save and wasn’t to close to xmas.

Thing(s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: Everything related to the ceremony and reception, we are having a Destination Wedding and can’t make any final plans until we know exact numbers.

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to…… Getting married in paradise with my closest friends and family and the months worth of travel through SE asia this part makes me smile the most ๐Ÿ™‚

Most freaked out about at the moment: Not being able to finish planning until I know numbers, and stress makes me lose weight, so that makes me stress more.

Post # 27
83 posts
Worker bee

Why November: Winter Wedding packages started at my favorite venue in November and the 10th was the earliest date available.

Thing(s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: Bridal Party Table Runner, re-mailing those pesky returned invitations, lots of little detailed projects that I should probably just let go.

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to……Having a ball with my close friends and family, oh and wearing that dress. LOL

Most freaked out about at the moment: Final count, we’re couting on some declines.  Would be nice to lose 10 lbs too, althought my dress fits perfectly.  

Post # 28
433 posts
Helper bee

@Soon2BeeMrsG:  

Wedding Date: November 3

Why November: Our anniv is late Nov but we didn’t want it so close to the holidays so we settled on the first week.

Thing(s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: I need my bracelet and hair thingie…haven’t picked out what clip I’m using yet.

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to……celebrating with our closest friends and family. Also seeiing him looking handsome in his linen vest and pants ๐Ÿ˜€

Most freaked out about at the moment: My alteration fitting on monday. Aunt Flo’s in town and that means I’m bloated and a lot bigger than I normally am, so the alterations might be off when I go back down to my normal size. Can’t chg appt, getting down to the wire….sigh

Post # 29
171 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Bees! This is my first post, so I thought I should post here and introduce myself.

Wedding Date: November 17,2012

Why November: Between our families being spread out all over the world (East Coast, West Coast, Brazil, & Africa!), November worked for everyone. Fiance splits his time between AZ and ID, so April 2013 through October 2013 was out. We decided not to wait and even though we just got engaged in July 2012, we’re getting married in November!

Thing(s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: I’m pretty proud to say I’ve crossed off the majority of my to-do items. Fiance on the other hand, not so much. He needs to decide on formal wear for the guys and we still need to meet with our officiant to plan out the ceremony, but we can’t do that until both Fiance & Officiant friend J are back in AZ in October.

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to… our families finally meeting and getting to spend time with everyone the week before the wedding. Oh and our Riviera Maya honeymoon!

Most freaked out about at the moment: my flowers. I keep changing my mind on what I really want. My florist probably hates me. I think I should have waited a little longer to actually decide on bouquets and arrangements. (I’m aware that this is a pretty stupid thing to freak out over.)

Post # 30
535 posts
Busy bee

Why November: We wanted fall originally because it is absolutely beautiful here in November and we like cool weather over warm. Then we decided winter to give us more time (and I like winter a tad bit more), but we couldn’t get the venue we wanted and were afraid it would be too cold so we just went for it and moved it up to fall

Thing(s) that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: EVERYTHING. Bridesmaid dresses need to be ordered. Meet with a DJ and photographer. Plan out the menus better. Make some of the DIY projects … it will be a busy busy busy month ahead … but I’m ready

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to……Creating a special moment that we haven’t yet experienced and continuing our life together and having a family

Most freaked out about at the moment: We have a very long to do list, and everyone keeps reminding us about it, but we are taking it one step at a time.

Post # 31
3063 posts
Sugar bee

Wedding Date: November 16

Why November?: We decided to have a desitination wedding in Las Vegas. We are Alaskan, so usually weather over 75 degrees makes us want to pass out. Las Vegas should be around 60-70 in November… PERFECTION! That and I thought it would be cute to spend the holidays as a newlyweds! ๐Ÿ™‚

Things that still need to be done and you don’t need reminding damn it!: Finalize our menu, pay the remainder of our flower bill, contact the Etsy seller who’s making my brooch bouquet to see when it will be done, figure out what I am going to do w/ my Kitty while we’re gone, pay the venue.

Other than marrying the man of my dreams I am most looking forward to: Planning our honeymoon! Calling him, “Husband”! Being grumpy old folks together! ๐Ÿ˜› Getting a house and a dog!

Most freaked out about at the moment: I am currently stressing about our RSVP’s and I have been worrying a lot about my wedding-day “look”. I am doing my own hair and makeup, so I hope everything goes accordingly and my fiance thinks I look pretty. Oh and I am slightly worrying about family drama, because my fiance’s mother and father are divorced and basically hate each other… so we’ll see.

The topic ‘November 2012 Brides! Come in! Come in! Come inside it's nearly here! :-D’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors