(Closed) November 2012 Brides- show us your DRESS!

posted 6 years ago in November 2012
Post # 3
1111 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Date twin!  Laughing  Beautiful dress!  You look STUNNING in it!  It’s so unique; I have never seen anything like it.

Here is mine!

(^ Ignore my weird face in that one.)

Are you making alterations to it? Not sure yet!  The sample was two sizes larger than what I ordered, so I will know if any tweaks need to be made once I pick it up (on WEDNESDAY!!!  It came in MONTHS sooner than expected!).  I know I am getting some HIGH heels so the length will be perfect without altering it.  Oh, I am going to do a bustle, though, so I can dance without tripping!

Who is the designer? Allure

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No, not at all

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes, it actually was.  I have always loved lace, and I knew I wanted ivory (not stark white).  I also knew I didn’t want strapless.  This fit the bill!  For some reason, I had a little bit of dress regret after I bought this dress – but after I went back to try it on again, all doubts faded away, and now I love it more every time I look at it.  Such a relief!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? A little bit; he knows my style is more vintage-inspired and that I love lace, but I’m keeping all other details a secret.

Has he seen your dress? Nope!  We both want to wait until our wedding day for him to see it.  The anticipation is already killing me!

Post # 5
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Date Twins!

My dress is a Casablanca 2034.  I don’t have any pictures of me in it but here’s the model.  I will have it by June and can’t wait!

Are you making alterations to it?  I ordered it with a sweetheart neckline and I’m sure I’ll have to have other alterations done.

Who is the designer?  Casablanca Bridal

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged?  Nope, I had ides though.

Is this what you expected/wanted?  The shape is the only thing I wanted.  I always new that I would have the modified bodice/dropped waist.  It is not what I expected by any means.  Going into dress shopping, I tried on a ton of lace dresses because that’s what I thought I wanted.  I never knew I’d fall in love with this dress.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?  Nope, he doesn’t want to know.

Has he seen your dress?  Nope–he wouldn’t even look at me in photos of others I tried on that weren’t THE ONE.  He says it’s bad luck.  Ha.

Post # 6
860 posts
Busy bee

ok you twisted my arm πŸ™‚ Here she is again

Show us your dress? 
This is my actual dress and veil

Are you making alterations to it? yes, i am having it shortended, changed to a swwtheart and lowering the neckline so it doesnt cut into my armpits, adding a corset back and having a bolero made

Who is the designer? White by Vera Wang

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? nope

Is this what you expected/wanted?no, i didnt think that i would end up in such a fitted style

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? yes

Has he seen your dress? yes, he helped me pick it out

Post # 7
1811 posts
Buzzing bee

Show us your dress? This is the sample and it fit perfectly!

Are you making alterations to it? Yes because I’m short and I’ve been losing a lot of weight

Who is the designer? Watters

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? I had seen it and thought it was pretty, but it didn’t become my dream dress until a few frustrating weeks of not liking anything else!

Is this what you expected/wanted? I think that it is absolutely perfect for me.  I love that it is simple and classic, but it still looks a bit modern with the flowers.  I can’t imagine myself in another dress on our big day!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? He doesn’t know anything for sure, but I’m sure that he at least has an inkling of what it would look like considering my tastes.

Has he seen your dress? Nope! He doesn’t want to until the ceremony.  Even though it is hanging not 10 feet from where we sleep!

I don’t have a picture of the back unbustled, but it has a chapel train.

Post # 8
169 posts
Blushing bee

Show us your dress? Don’t have a picture of me in it yet.

Are you making alterations to it? Once, it comes in, yes..bustle and been losing weight! Wearing something under it to make it fuller.

Who is the designer? Paloma Blanca

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Had some visions in my head.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Classic, timeless, elegant. Yes.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? No clue, but he knows me pretty well and can probably imagine.

Has he seen your dress? Nope!

Post # 10
518 posts
Busy bee

Here you go!

Are you making alterations to it? Not sure.  Its a good length with my shoes.  The bust needs to be takin in a little bit, and I’d love to do something with the back zipper (exposed!) but its got this cool beading trailing down on side in the back so a corset is out and I don’t know if buttons would ruin the effect or not…opinions?!?!

Who is the designer? Emerald Bridal.  They actually went out of business long before I bought this dress.  It was on the sample sale rack and I feel in LOVE!

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? I knew I’d end up with a mermaid dress.  I, like most brides, was in love with Maggie Sottero and Allure and I did try on lots of dresses, but there was just something perfect about this dress!

Is this what you expected/wanted? Very much so.  The only thing is I wish the train were longer, but I have a feeling that when the day comes and its bustled that I’ll appreciate the short train!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? I throw around the term mermaid.  I assume he knows, but I don’t think he pays much attention.

Has he seen your dress? Not that I know of.

Post # 11
176 posts
Blushing bee

Show us your dress? A few pics of me in the sample

Are you making alterations to it? Yes, I need to shorten it and I am also modifying the neck line to a deeper sweetheart

Who is the designer? Martina Liana

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? Well, I had a lot in mind!

Is this what you expected/wanted? I knew I wanted something different and what type of neckline. But I was so stuck on having a fitted gown that I almost didn’t want to try this one on! There was a trunk show at a near by store and they were featuring my favourite designer. I originally wanted to go there for a different dress! I tried that dress on and HATED it. But then I saw this one. It has all the elements I’ve wanted… elegant, traditional with a twist and sparkles πŸ™‚

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? He has no idea.. although I’ve hinted some styles that I liked. I did have dress regret after I bought this dress because I’m such an indecisive person.. but now I LOVE IT, i’m so happy with my choice and it suits my theme.

Has he seen your dress?He almost did! I was actually on the wedding bees website on my phone and I had uploaded those two picture below. My dress was literally on my phone screen and he had grabbed my phone to look at something. I jumped over and covered my phone with my hand ! I asked if he saw anything and he said I wasn’t really paying attention and all I noticed was white. lol

Post # 12
59 posts
Worker bee

Show us your dress? I bought the sample, so this actual dress I will be getting married in.

Are you making alterations to it? I will be replacing the bows on the train with more buttons and shortening the train. It is beautiful, but currently a lot of dress.

Who is the designer? Pronovias

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? I had been dreaming but really didn’t know what I wanted until I started trying them on.

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes and No. I had two visions romantic: lace and tulle and a more classic: stain and beading. Every dress I tried on it was a competeition between the two looks. Classic won out.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? He knows it is not mermaid. He made it clear he thought the poof at the knee was confusing. It worked our because I knew I was leaning toward something that cinched at the waist.

Has he seen your dress? Nope!

Post # 13
361 posts
Helper bee

Show us your dress? In the picture, I am wearing a sample dress that came to the store for a trunk show, so it was a little wrinkly and VERY long. However, I am hoping when my dress comes for my first fitting it will be nice and ironed πŸ™‚

Are you making alterations to it? I am definitely shortening it and hoping to add crinoline to make it more poofy 

Who is the designer? Carrafina

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No way!  I’d never thought twice about wedding dresses before. 

Is this what you expected/wanted? Yes and No. It is what I wanted when I first got engaged. It is VERY simple, and just a little different with the wrapping.  It really fits my personality. Now that I’m a little bit more of an experienced and have watched about a million Say Yes to the Dress episodes, I think I might pick something a little more poofy and formal. 

Does you Fiance know your style of dress?   Yes, I was really unsure about the dress so I pulled him into see it and get his okay. He really liked it! 

Has he seen your dress? See above. 

Post # 14
253 posts
Helper bee

Show us your dress? This is me in the store, without any crinoline.

Are you making alterations to it? I’ll be shortening the length a bit, and making it into a sweetheart neckline!

Who is the designer? Maggie Sottero

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No, but I did know I loved Maggie dresses.

Is this what you expected/wanted? I wanted a big dress but thought I would look awful in one, so I assumed I would end up with a very form fitting dress!

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? Yes.

Has he seen your dress? No.

Post # 15
19 posts
Newbee

Post # 16
19 posts
Newbee

Show us your dress? This pic was taken the day I bought it!

Are you making alterations to it? Yes, they had me order a size up, the sample fit perfect but they told me it was streched out due to so many brides trying it on in the last few years.  Now I am about 8 lbs lighter so I will definitely be needing alterations! πŸ™‚

Who is the designer? Jim Hjelm

Did you have your dress picked before you got engaged? No, but I had this dress saved to my desktop at work for about 5 months prior.  It was the first dress I tried on.  I left the store after trying on several others.  Two weeks later I decided this was THE ONE!

Is this what you expected/wanted? I tried every style imaginable.  I expected to decide on this style but It wasnt the only dress I had fallen in love with.  It was between this and a Kenneth Pool dropped waist ball gown.  The style was “Happiness.”  I loved both dresses but this one was my first choice and the added bonus was that it was the less expensive one of the two.

Does you Fiance know your style of dress? No.

Has he seen your dress? No.

The topic ‘November 2012 Brides- show us your DRESS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors