(Closed) November 2012 Brides Show Us your Venue

posted 10 years ago in November 2012
Post # 17
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I am lucky enough to get 2 ceremonys! 1 traditional Thai service with blessing from the monks at a temple in the morning, then a beach service in the late afternoon, followed by cocktails & canapes into the night! Here are some pics! (They are from their websites!)

Post # 18
20 posts
Newbee

Here it is, the ceremony/reception venue in the Coastal area of Southern California, but it is so green, lush, and kinda forest-like to be so close to the ocean…loved finding it! 

Post # 19
110 posts
Blushing bee

My “theme”, as much as there is one, is white, so the tables will have white linens, vases of large white tissue flowers, and candles.  The room has a wall mural and a cloud-painted ceiling that lights up, so I don’t plan to do much decorating.  I fell in love with the black and white parquet floor and the wraparound balcony that overlooks the Mississippi River and the rooftops of the French Quarter.  Once our shindig is over, people can spill out into the night and keep on partying! 

Post # 20
1293 posts
Bumble bee

Oh my goodness ladies, these are all so gorgeous!!!  Compared to ya’ll my wedding is quite quaint, but we are in love with the venues!  Our wedding is very vintagey/homespun and is celebrating the history of our small Georgia hometown.  We are being married in Heritage Park, which (you guessed it!) is a homage to our hometown’s beginnings as an important port town and it’s booming textile industry.  In fact I will be walking right over a water feature that represents the Chattahoochee on my way down the aisle.

Keeping with our overall wedding theme, our reception will be held in a converted 1847 cotton gin factory that is now a Marriott. (I will NOT being using those awful brown linens!  Our will be ivory with a square burlap overlay with silver chargers and the napkins will be alternating different shades of blue and we are doing away with the chair covers and opting for the navy blue chairs that normally occupy that space)

Post # 21
1617 posts
Bumble bee

My venues are pretty simple and laid back (not as fancy as some of the venues you ladies have… but I love my venues…LOVE!)

The ceremony (I recently changed my ceremony venue from my backyard to this church).

Reception hall.  My colors are white/silver/blue (fmil is making the linens for the tables)

Post # 23
110 posts
Blushing bee

Ceremony right outside the venue under a very old oak tree 🙂 

Reception (100+ year old ballroom….love it!):

Post # 25
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

The topic ‘November 2012 Brides Show Us your Venue’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors