(Closed) November 2012 Brides! (Specifically 11/03/12!)

posted 7 years ago in November 2012
Post # 3
Hostess
16195 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I moved this thread to the November 2012 section so you can chat with ladies who share your date. Congrats! πŸ™‚

Post # 4
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@lisha_1988: Me! Happy 10 month countdown πŸ™‚ (well, technically it’s probably November 4 where you are, but still! woohoo for us!)

Post # 5
1111 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Wooohoooo!  I literally just straightened up in my chair when I saw the thread title.  Smile

Happy 10 month countdown to you both!  Laughing  It’s so weird to think that I’m getting married THIS year.  I’m so used to saying NEXT year!

Post # 6
99 posts
Worker bee

I’m finally glad to say THIS YEAR especially to all the boo-hooers who said I was doing things too early (uh, I’m not that early when there are so many venues booked into 2013 already!). Congrats to you too, Ms. Bookworm!

Post # 8
99 posts
Worker bee

We’ve got the venue, church, photographer, DJ, limo, videographer, colors and bridal party members picked out so far! Went dress shopping for the first time last week (and bridesmaid dress shopping), but nothing picked out yet. I’m all over the map with decor and paper goods, which I’m sure will make the next 10 months painful for the Fiance and I πŸ™‚ How about everyone else?

Post # 9
437 posts
Helper bee

Yay!!!! So happy to see this thread. We’re getting married this year and 10 months from today. So crazy! I feel like I have a lot done so far- venue, chairs and linens rental, DJ booked, florist booked, bus rental, room blocks, dress (so psyched about this one cause it was only $300 fro

Priscilla of Boston), and just ordered the STD’s!!! I still need to figure out bridesmaid dresses and I plan on designing my own invitations πŸ™‚

Let’s keep updating on progress!!!

Post # 11
1111 posts
Bumble bee

We tried to cross a bunch of stuff of our list quickly after getting engaged, and now we’re sort of at a lull in planning until the date gets closer…

So far, we have:

• Date (duh)

• Venue (ceremony and reception and the same place)

• Wedding party

• Photographer

• Caterer

• Dessert (cheesecake buffet!!)

• Florist (my mom’s friend is a florist, so she’s doing our flowers at cost!)

• DJ

• Traveling Photo Booth

• Invitations are in progress (my brother is designing them)

I think that’s it?  I’m currently searching for my dress and keeping an eye out for bridesmaids dresses (I work nights/weekends at a bridal boutique).  We’ll need to order our Save-The-Date Cards sometime this spring…  (Speaking of which, when are you guys sending yours out?  We’re thinking April??)  We’re also in the process of choosing our officiant.  Also looking for the readings we want for our ceremony…

We won’t need a limo because we’re staying at a hotel right across the street from our venue.  We still need to block off rooms, though!

What else?  I feel like I’m forgetting something big…

Post # 12
99 posts
Worker bee

@Ms Bookworm: Cheesecake buffet … um. MN is only a short flight from Philly, right?? As far as Save-The-Date Cards, my goal is end of April, but my guess is more of early May. We’re trying to schedule engagement photos for when it’s not frigid out, probably in late March … so that we can use one for the STD. Most of our Out of Town folks know the date now at least, in case we’re a little uh … late.

Really glad to have bees to check in with. I’m the first of my friends to get married (and I turn 27 this year! lol) and so I don’t have many people to bounce ideas off of, or ask questions of.

@lisha_1988:  glad to hear you’re ok!! I have family in Colorado who are constantly worrying about forest fires near their home πŸ™ So scary!

Post # 13
1041 posts
Bumble bee

oooh me! So far i have a venue, coordinator, we chose the bridal party, and sent out save the dates. Fiance has his tux and im ordering my dress at the end of the month.

Post # 14
1111 posts
Bumble bee

@pomplamoose: Weird!  I just turned 27 and I’m one of the first of my friends to get married, too.  I have one good friend who got married last year, but that’s it!  Now I have two good friends who are engaged, but I’ll be the first to tie the knot.  Smile  And feel free to come enjoy our cheesecake buffet!  Wink

Fiance knows what he is wearing (charcoal gray suit), but he hasn’t bought/ordered it yet or anything.  We also need to work on our wedding website (I hope to finish that this weekend just to be done with it).  And we need to register…  Originally we were planning on doing a honeymoon registry, but I have read a lot of complaints about those here on the ‘Bee, so now I’m nervous.  We might just do a small traditional registry instead…

Post # 15
437 posts
Helper bee

O wow I’m 27 too and the second of my friends to get married. The first doesn’t really count though cause she eloped to Vegas.

We’re having a destination wedding in VT so we’re sending out he STD’s by the end of the month. Even though most of our families know the date we’re including our wedding website which will have all the travel info on it.

I’m still up in the air about registering. Fiance really wants to do a honeymoon registry and a small gift registry at bbb. I’m still feeling like the honeymoon thing is a tad tacky.

Post # 16
1111 posts
Bumble bee

@Soon2bSykes: I really don’t think it’s tacky, and neither does Fiance, nor do any of the friends or family members we’ve mentioned it to…  BUT, I have been quite surprised by the passion with which some bees here hate honeyfunds, and I really don’t want to offend any guests.  If we do a honeymoon reg, we’d still do a small registry at a store (like Target, BBB, Williams-Sonoma, etc.) – but I don’t know.  Honestly, I don’t understand the “tacky” point of view, because I think registries in general could be considered tacky, as you’re basically telling people what to give you…  It’s just that with a HR, you’re requesting an experience as opposed to something tangible.  And if you’re like Fiance and me, who will have lived together for 4+ years by the time we get married, we don’t need much of anything that’s tangible!  But we love to travel.

*sigh*  Anyway…

The topic ‘November 2012 Brides! (Specifically 11/03/12!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors