(Closed) November 2012 Brides! (Specifically 11/03/12!)

posted 9 years ago in November 2012
Post # 47
4 posts
Wannabee

OMG! I feel so behind compared to everyone here on this forum. The reason is that I’m not officially engaged yet!! 

My Boyfriend or Best Friend and I have definitely been talking a lot about our wedding and he has “unofficially” proposed to me (whether we want to get married this year or not). I know the official getting-down-on-one-knee proposal is coming up in February but we’ve been talking about a November 4th, 2012 wedding! 

That means about 9 months to plan! I’ve started my DIY wedding binder already but haven’t booked anything until I officially say “Yes”. 

I feel so behind after seeing so many Bees being busy and having so much done for a Nov 3-4th 2012 wedding. 

Should I really start planning instead of waiting for the official proposal? Do you think I’ll still have time to prepare or should I start preparing a few things on my own?

Post # 48
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
@chjb:  Aww don’t worry you’re not that far behind. I think there will still be plenty of time for you to get all your planning done ๐Ÿ™‚ I would def recommend not stressing over the date and planning and enjoy the moment when he does officially propose!  Keep us updated!

Post # 48
437 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@chjb:  Aww don’t worry you’re not that far behind. I think there will still be plenty of time for you to get all your planning done ๐Ÿ™‚ I would def recommend not stressing over the date and planning and enjoy the moment when he does officially propose!  Keep us updated!

Post # 49
783 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m getting married on November 3rd, 2012 too!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I have everything done already, I’m such a planner lol now I’m just eagerly waiting for these next 9 months to fly by!

Post # 50
8 posts
Newbee

New to the boards, but so excited to see so many 11/3/12 weddings!! 2 of my coworkers are getting married this year, so it’s been fun at work to talk weddings, and to have diy helpers!!

Still looking for my dress and a caterer, but have the rest of the major items booked! We’re paying for the wedding ourselves, and my fiance is in school, so we’re on a limited budget. We’ve been to several tastings, and found a caterer who’s very reasonable for food…. but we also got a quote from our favorite restaurant to do a fajita bar with cheese quesadillas, rice, beans, chips, salsa and queso for HALF of what the caterer would charge, even after buying plates, silverware, renting warmers, etc… But we’d have to pick up the food and tend to the buffet (my aunt volunteered to do it). My brain says go for the fajitas, but I just don’t know….. your thoughts??

Post # 51
176 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@lindsayllama: congrats on your November wedding! I would only do it if you have someone else to completely take care of the food on the day. You want to be able to enjoy your day and with everything else going on you won’t have time to worry about it yourself. The food sounds awesome though!

Post # 52
99 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@lindsayllama:  That food does sound amazing!! I agree with
View original reply
@kimmy13 about having someone designated to help with food so you can just relax, and your family can too! We went to a wedding with beer, wine and rented frozen margarita and pina colada makers instead of liquor. I’m not sure if you’re having alcohol or not, but I know they saved a ton of money this way! (and as a guest, I loved it!)

Post # 53
592 posts
Busy bee

Yay!  We are doing pretty good…we have the venue, food, cake (my favorite!), photographer, DJ, and I just ordered my dress a couple weeks ago.  We are going bridesmaids dress shopping in two weeks.  I have my flower consultation this Saturday.  AND I am working on a ton of DIY projects for the wedding.  It is such a fun experience!

Post # 54
176 posts
Blushing bee

I just ordered my dress!!! I’m sooo excited about it! Just wish it was November already so I can wear it!!! Also on the same day I accidentally stumbled across the perfect bridesmaid dresses. I had my 3 bridesmaids with me so they tried them on and they look amazing! Haven’t ordered them yet because we still have plenty of time to do that. I also ordered bonbonnierre jars a few days ago… I guess I’ll get onto flowers, cars and honeymoon next! I’ve done plenty of research so now I need to book them.

Post # 54
176 posts
Blushing bee

Double post

Post # 55
176 posts
Blushing bee

Triple post!

Post # 56
790 posts
Busy bee

My wedding is  Nov. 3, 2012 also! (I think the date in my profile is off because I wasn’t sure about the exact date when I signed up here.) When I told my mom the date she pointed out that it’s a few days before the presidential election. Does that matter?? Can’t really see why. I’m doing a Destination Wedding in New Orleans.

I have the following things checked off:

– Ceremony and reception venue (reception is at a restaurant so no caterer needed)

– Photographer (this is one of the FIRST things I did because I found a photog that I fell in love with and would have switched the date to get her)

– Ceremony/cocktail hour musicians

– Rehearsal dinner venue

– Dress (just found a couple weekends ago)

– Save-The-Date Cards (just finalized my proofs yesterday, will send out in a few weeks)

– Have just gotten in touch with a woman who does combination hair/makeup and day-of coordination 

STILL NEED:

– Reception music (am SO torn between band and DJ — my Fiance wants a band but I think most people actually prefer a DJ and it’s a lot cheaper!!!)

– Caterer to do cocktail hour at my ceremony venue

– Cake (maybe; the restaurant will have a desserts station so I have to decide whether I want the traditional cake – it’s not really important to me)

– Shoes/jewelry/veil(?)

– Invitations (won’t worry about these until later)

– Contact hotel(s) about room blocks

– Pray that there are no huge conventions or sporting events the weekend of my wedding! I want my guests to be able to find reasonable accommodations! 

Post # 57
176 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Eglantine:  Yay another date twin!

You sound on top of things! I think I’ve done almost the same list of things.

Post # 60
6 posts
Newbee

Im a NOVEMBER 3Rehearsal Dinner 2012 bride too!! I cant believe it!!Laughing

The topic ‘November 2012 Brides! (Specifically 11/03/12!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors