(Closed) November 2012 :))

posted 9 years ago in November 2012
Post # 31
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Wow, you ladies are making me feel like a slacker πŸ™‚ We have the church and venue all settled; I made handmade cards for my bridesmaids and ring bearer to be in the wedding party; our guest list is pretty close to final; and we’re talking honemoon options (New Zealand seems like a frontrunner right now). I need to get moving on the photographer and dj right away, I’m further behind on figuring those out than I would like, and both are so important. Once those are done I think I can concentrate more on my dress. I already did some initial dress shopping, but haven’t found “the one” just yet.

Post # 32
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m Nov. 10, 2012, and I just got engaged about 3 weeks ago (wow, it’s flying by!) I’ve already booked the church/our venue (most important items, right?). I’ve tried on dresses one time and found one that I really liked–hoping to get that knocked out before Christmas! I’ve also 90% decided on a caterer (my mom’s best friend), and I’ve asked 2 of my 5 bridesmaids (my sisters) to be in the wedding. Whew! It’s been a busy 3 weeks, and I have a feeling it won’t slow down much any time soon!

Post # 33
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

View original reply
@Ms Bookworm: I love that mood board, and the idea of getting married in a library is SO cute. Which one? Are there pictures online? 

Post # 34
6 posts
Newbee

11/11/12 here. Our venue is the Viceroy so that covers: ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, all foods/drinks and all the misc. rental stuff (chairs, tables, etc.). Takes a lot of the stress off. We have a photog and DJ in mind, but waiting on booking them. Other than that, not much else finalized, but I have a clear idea what it’s going to look like.

Post # 35
91 posts
Worker bee

We just picked the ceremony/reception place..still haven’t signed the contract yet though..I’m planning a wedding in Cali when I live in GA so this is gonna be tricky..it doesn’t help that I’m really hands on, indecisive, and impatient! LOL

Post # 36
437 posts
Helper bee

I’m November 3rd, 2012 too! I’m happy to see so many date twins. We have our ceremony and reception space booked (same place), our Photographer (lucky to have a friend doing it for like nothing), our bridal party picked, our guest list (with A and B list), wedding website started, room block at two hotels, wedding colors pretty much picked (hunter green, brown, white, and some navy accents) and I got my dress! I still feel like there is soooo much more we need to do. We’ve looked at save the dates and invitations- but I would really like to do something a little more DIY (and cheaper). 

Post # 37
3 posts
Wannabee

I’m a 11/3/12 bride as well, and I can’t believe all the work you girls have done already! I feel so behind. We just sent the contracts out for our venue and day-of coordinator. We just interviewed a photographer, and hope to book her at the end of the year. So glad to know there’s lots of date twins out there so you can keep me on track!

Post # 38
1346 posts
Bumble bee

I’m also a 11/3/2012 bride but I feel like I’m WELL behind!!! I’ve only done:

*church

*reception

*bridal party (with three dramas, one replacement and one up-in-the-air)

* centerpieces 

* had a photographer but after the engagement shoot we’ve cancelled her πŸ™

I thought we were doing well lol

Post # 39
285 posts
Helper bee

Another November 3 bride here! We’re planning a wedding back home on the east coast but live in TX, so basically this christmas break was a blitz of wedding planning. In one week, I went from having nothing booked to having the church, reception location (art gallery, so excited!), caterer who also does the cake and chair/linen rental, photographer, DJ, and wedding dress. So much for a relaxing break! Hoping to finish save the dates soon and then concentrate on heavy school load for a while.

Post # 40
304 posts
Helper bee

Yay! I’m a 3rd November too!
We’re in the southern hemisphere so I get a spring wedding!  Garden vintage theme, I can’t wait! πŸ˜€

We have organised venue, photographer, videographer and working on catering, hopefully will be finalised this week. Yipee!!!

Post # 41
55 posts
Worker bee

November 24, 2012!! πŸ™‚

First time poster, long-time lurker! I’ve been trying to keep my wedding planning under wraps because I didn’t want to seem too eager — we got engaged in July so it was a few months of trying to tone down my excitement lol. πŸ™‚ Would’ve loved to get married in March (on our 10th anniversary!) but unfortunately, my older brother got married last September and tradition dictates that no two siblings can marry within a year of each other. So November it is!!

However after reading all your posts, I suddenly feel so embarrassed. I am such an eager beaverrrrr πŸ™ To be fair, I’m planning an overseas wedding and was really gunning for having everything done early.

So far we have: colors; complete wedding party done! (chosen them, asked them formally, and they all said yes!); ceremony venue; reception venue & caterer (the caterer will also take care of our tables and chairs, linens, cake. bridal car, etc); our priest; day-of coordinators; flowers; music; done with save the dates — i made them myself, and will be sending them out soon-ish!; drafts of our wedding mass missalette and program; draft of our invitation; guest list; ideas for my diy favors/place cards/etcetc.

But I’m seriously thinking of slowing down or sort of pausing wedding planning for now. Now that I think about it, I may have jumped too quickly into wedding planning… I think I’ll take some time to enjoy my engagement first. Then back to the wedding craze again lol. πŸ™‚

By The Way — let me just say, you’ve all been such a great help with my wedding planning! I’ve been reading the boards religiously and have learned sooo much. πŸ™‚ Much love to all!

Post # 42
7 posts
Newbee

Another 11/3/2012 bride here!! It was our dating anniversary so we decided to keep with it since it was a Saturday! Laughing I have all our vendors booked already and am starting to make our Save the Dates this weekend but it wil be a labor of love so glad I started early. We also have our bridal party picked, our officiant, and our flowers picked. We’re 9 months away ladies!! I’m so excited!!! It’s moving so fast and I hope it keeps going that way.

Post # 43
99 posts
Worker bee

We’re 9ish months away! Woohoo!!

View original reply
@anteater:  I’m with you! We are starting the home-buying process in April, so I have been furiously planning the wedding from July until now. I’d rather be focusing on the house on the little time Fiance has weekends off instead of dragging him and my mom to florist appts or other wedding stuff. Happy almost 10th anniversary!

Post # 44
518 posts
Busy bee

I’m 11.10.12 and LOVING my date.

I have all the big stuff…ceremony, reception, caterer (haven’t chosen a set-in-stone menu, but that won’t be hard), photographer, dress, some of my accessories, flowers (my mom is making all bouquets/bouts/decor), music for the ceremony, hair and makeup are set.

Stuff we really need to get the ball rolling on is Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and guys tuxes, my mom MUST figure out what she’s wearing, rings, and Fiance and I really need a place to live….

But I’m not worried at all…I’m positive and not stressed!

I’m going to book a boudoir session with a photog who specializes in that soon, whenever I get outfits together for it.  THAT is what I’m pumped about!

Post # 45
6 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone!!!! Im a 11/3/12 bride too!!!! Woohooo. I have my location, photograher and caterer down. I need my dress(causing so much stress). I’ve got one shoes strassed and one to go. Feeling a little bit overhelmed.Cry

The topic ‘November 2012 :))’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors