(Closed) November 2013 Babies! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 227
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@aalliep:  i think we all have that fear. Lets just pray that all of our babies are fine… and that we can all continue on this amazing journey together. 

View original reply
@Annie624:  yea i am avoiding the dentist!!!! i gag brushing my teeth…..the dentist is not happening right now lol!!

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  yay!!!! welcome!!!! I understand how you feel… we have had a lost before so the only thing that we could do is pray, pray , pray. Our babies will be fine… we have to belive that. 

Man, MS is getting the best of me today. I went to the health food store and got a mean green shake with ginger and it helped for like 10 mins… I’m not complaining… blessed to even feel anything. 

Post # 228
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  

Any other kids?: No, and this will be the first grand child for both sides!

Boy/Girl preference?: I really have no preference but DH is very firmly Team Blue. He knows he can discipline a boy and raise him well. If we had a girl, he would be wrapped around her finger and he doesn’t want to raise a spoiled brat. =) I’m useless in the discipline department. I let our dogs get away with so much and it drives DH crazy!

Post # 229
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24: thx for the welcome!

View original reply
@Miss Damask:  I love ginger beer!  That sounds like a great faux cocktail to have.  

View original reply
@traceyjoy:  I can’t belive you ran a half marathon last weekend!  How did it go?  I usually run about 4-5x/week, but I’ve been terrified to run ever since the BFP.  I know everyone says that you should be fine to run if you did it before you got pregnant, but I’m scared!  I think I’m going to take this week off and let baby get a little more settled before I brave running again.  

As far as books, I’ve ordered a copy of Pregnancy Day by Day.  I was thumbing through it at the library and decided that I needed to own it.  It has a section for each day of your pregnancy and fantastic drawings.  Anyone else have a book that they are loving?  Also, I downloaded the Sprout App for my phone which I’m loving too.   

Are you ladies taking Omega-3/DHA pills?  I need to start.  Anyone have a good brand that they like?

Post # 230
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  My pee doesn’t smell ‘bad’ per se, but it definitely smells different. Maybe I am more sensitive to it, it’s definitely not the pre-natals, because I am only taking folic acid at the moment and have been taking that for quite a few months at this stage. So I also think it’s weird!

Unlike so many of you I don’t really have morning sickness, just a small bit of nausea, but nothing that bad. Though I did feel my tummy today and I am not showing at all but it feels firm which is so weird and I do have funny twinges quite a bit. I’m quite a bit behind you all as although I got my BFP on Thursday, because I left the next day to travel for work I haven’t been to my doctor yet to get confirmation, so there is not much to report for now at my end! Though I am wondering about talking to my doctor about my due date as I made an appointment to confirm the pregnancy on Tuesday next week. If he bases it off the first day of my cycle then I am 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant, but because I was charting I know that I Oed really late and I think that would make me currently only 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant. So do I tell him about the chart (and show him?) or not? Or how long my previous cycle was (35 days)? Any advice ladies?

Post # 231
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
@legowife:  I don’t think it would hurt to show him your charts and talk to him about when you O’d. Is it an office visit or is it your first prenatal?

Post # 232
107 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@GreenDream:  It’s an office visit. You are probably right. I just don’t want them to make me an appointment for a scan that’s way too early and there isn’t anything to see, but at the same time it would be great to get the scan a little bit early 🙂 Know what I mean?

Post # 233
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@RunningGal:  Thanks for the list! I guess my EDD is actually November 16th? Math is not my strongest of suits.

View original reply
@traceyjoy:  +3 tired of all the damned water. And I drink a lot of water before my BFP. Have tried having some lime water using my steeping pitcher to break up the dull.

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  congrats! I feel similiar anxiety re: the earlyness. I’m taking Nordic Naturals Pro Omega 3 fish oil. It’s really high quality. But bloody expensive.

View original reply
@Annie624:  Ugh I had to get a chipped tooth fixed this week I was grateful that the morning sickness hadn’t kicked in yet. Spent alot of time worrying about the freezing which the dentist repeatedly told me wouldn’t impact the baby.

Has anyone else caught a cold? I thought it was just my asthma acting up with the change of weather but it’s turned into a full blown head cold. AGH. So anxious that it’s going to harm the baby. And exhausted.

Post # 234
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

View original reply
@legowife:  I also O’d 2 weeks late!  When I called to make my appointment the nurse asked me for my LMP and I told her, and then I said “but I didn’t O until ___” so then she did the math from there of when my Dr. would want to see me.  I hope that helps!!

View original reply
@razzzzzz: congrats and welcome!  I’ve done so much reading on the running thing and I feel pretty comfortable with it.  At my race last weekend they only had two stops for water which I thought was pretty lame, and I was worried about getting dehydrated.  I probably won’t sign up for any other races once I’m done with my race next weekend.  I’d love to be one of those pregnant women who runs up until the day she delivers, though!

Also, I have been taking Omega-3s since the beginning of the year.  I take the Target brand, triple strength so I only have to take it once a day.  I have to take it with a meal so that if I burp there is plenty to cover the taste!!  I like fish but those burps just aren’t right!!!  There are some that are burp less but since I’ve been taking it with dinner I haven’t had any issues.

Post # 235
107 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@traceyjoy:  Oh, that’s so interesting. So did they calculate your EDD on that basis too?

Post # 236
2538 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@legowife:  def tell him about the chart. I’m sure MS will hit you soon… I sometimes feel like its in my head then my tummy will churn and I remember “Oh yeah, I’m pregnant!” lol. 

SO crazy. i’m getting really nervous for my doctor appt tomorrow… my SIL is coming with since DH starting his new job tomorrow. I really hope I can sleep well tonight… 

GROW BABY GROW!!!!

Post # 237
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

View original reply
@legowife:  They did.  My EDD is 11/11 and if you just went by LMP it would have been 10/28.  I wish I was 7 weeks but I’m only 5 weeks 🙂

Post # 238
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Best wishes for tomorrow!  Will you be having a sonogram?  If so, that’s awesome you get to see baby so early!  GROW BABY GROW!

Post # 239
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

As a nutritionist knowing my own dietary habits and needs the supplements I take are:

Douglas Labs DHA enteric coded capsules plus a liquid EPA/DHA that I put into my smoothies which I eat almost every day.  I also take Pure Encapsulations prenatal multi which is a hypo allergenic line which I love.  

In addition I take a separate folic acid supplement at least for the 1st trimester so my daily dose of folic acid is about 1400mcg.  The reason I do this is because I’ve read a lot of studies that argue pregnant women (and those trying to conceive) can actualy benefit from like 3000mcg/day, so I think this is a nice balance and given that it is a water soluable vitamin I am not personally too worried about toxicity. I’ll throw in some calcium/magnesium liquid into my smoothies as well.  LOVE throwing liquid supplements in the smoothies so I don’t feel like I’m popping a bunch of pills. 

I would just advise everyone to keep thier Dr. in the loop about everything they are taking and ensure you have their medical support.  In terms of supplements, you really do pay for what you get so don’t cheap out here ladies!

Post # 240
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Excited to hear your update tomorrow!

Post # 241
2538 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  yes I am getting a sonogram! I was under the care of an RE and on clomid so i think they check early normally. My doctor warned me that we will only see a sac and MAYBE a fetal pole and in 7-10 days we will see the heart beat!!

Once I get through tomorrow I will feel so much better. Just to see that the baby is in the right place and not in my tube will make me feel better. my numbers are amazing, I have symtpoms, and I have been praying… that is all the insurance that i need Laughing

The topic ‘November 2013 Babies! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors