(Closed) November 2013 Babies! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 242
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
@legowife:  Oh, for sure! Yeah, I get it!

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  No, I really should. I wasn’t doing it before ever so I’ll probably run it past my doc first, but I’m routinely under on fats in general, like maybe 5-10% of my cals from fats every day. Also, congratulations on your BFP!! And –

Any other kids?: No, this is our first pregnancy.

Boy/Girl preference?: I’m leaning towards a boy and DH is leaning towards a girl. Honestly I’m great with both. This morning he put his hand on my tummy and said bye to “his girls” and I laughed at him. He’s trying to rile me up! Also, it’s down there right now so what does he know ๐Ÿ˜‰

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Doctor’s visit sounds so exciting! Congrats to your DH on his new job as well! Hope you two both have a great day (:

Thank goodness for symptoms! I’m trying to be good and not testing a million times to confirm. I get the strong urge to against the better judgment of my wallet but then the nausea comes and I just go okay, yeah! This is happening.

Post # 243
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@applebeee:  thank you! and thank you for posting all of that info! I am gettign ready to google liek crazy right now!!!! I just take a prenatal vitamin and lovenox for a blood clotting issue i had before. Oh, and progesterone to help baby stick!

Post # 244
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Np! Check out Pure Encapsulations, I usually stick with that line for my prenatal clients just bc its hypoallergenic and I find the weirdest things happen when women get preggo: new food allergies, rashes, digestive issues, etc!

Post # 245
2538 posts
Sugar bee

Has any read about b6 reducing the chance of miscarriage. one webiste said up to 50%!!!!!

Post # 246
343 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  I’ve only heard that it helps with morning sickness and balancing hormones. 

Post # 247
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Hi Ladies, I’ve only known of my pregnancy for a week but have already been in 3 social settings where I’ve been questioned for not drinking – awkward! Does anyone know of a great ‘mocktail’ to order and avoid the not drinking questions? Do you just try and go straight to the bar before sitting down and order in private?

I’ll be out with family both nights this weekend and am nervous about looking suspicious!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks!!

Post # 248
1629 posts
Bumble bee

Cape Cod – 6 parts cranberry juice, 2 parts fresh lime juice, sprig of mint and a lime slice. Shaken with ice and strained into a wine glass. Sometimes called a Cape Cod Sunrise. Most mocktails are virgin versions of alcoholic cocktails though, so it’s probably easiest to order in private at the bar as you suggested. Otherwise, if you order a Cape Cod, you’ll end up with a glass full of vodka. At least this way it will look like what is in your glass could be a drink.

Post # 250
339 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@TexasDesignBee:  I feel your pain because I’ve had some social situations that have been tough too.  In one case I blamed my lack of drinking on the fact that I was driving so that was accepted.  Another situation I said I had a long run the next morning and since I’ve always been an avid runner my friends teased me but accepted it.   On a different occassion I ordered an orange-cran-sprite mix at the bar and it looked a bit like a cocktail but since I drink wine usually I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to pull that off.  The more frequently they see me not drinking the more suspicious they’re going to be though. 

I’m starting to think that the easiest way is simply to avoid these types of social situations, but I’m keen to hear what other suggestions come up!

Post # 251
339 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@aalliep:  I haven’t had many symptoms yet either but am doing my best not to worry.  I’m trying to think of it as a bit of a blessing since we could be having extreme nausea or sore boobs.  I figure the longer I can fend off true symptoms the better ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 252
1629 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@aalliep:  Started having sleeping troubles last night too. Went to bed at 11 and woke up at 2. Wasn’t even to pee, I was just up and I stayed up until 5.

Post # 253
2538 posts
Sugar bee

Well ladies just got back from my first ultrasound!! It went so well! they did a blood draw also and progesterone check so we should hear those back in few hours! Baby J looks amazing and is measuring right on schedule. we were able to see the gestational sac, yolk and she said a glimspe of the fetal pole! Beginning of next week we go back to look at the actual baby and see the heart beat!

Here is the pic of baby J!! I am so happy! we should see the heartbeat next week!

Post # 254
2538 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@RunningGal:  its getting harder and harder for us to hide it also. I have just been avoiding all family and friends that dont know. 

View original reply
@aalliep:  thank you! some days i wake up feeling amazing… and other days i dont, or it will hit me later on in the day. Every pregnancy is differnt. It will be ok!

The sleeping thing is annoying but for this baby I will endure anything Kiss

Post # 255
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Went for a run today, the first since last week when I got my BFP. I’m pretty active–workout like 5 days a week, but I’ve been doing elliptical and stuff like that. It went fine, except I feel like my boobs are huge and a little tender! I ran carefully though. Glad I went.

I’ve been doing high intentisty interval training for months… now I’m wondering if I should switch to a different kind of workout? Haven’t met with my midwife yet to ask her. Any suggestions?

Here’s the workout program: Dailyhiit.com (also known as Bodyrock)

I’ve also lost a few pounds, but I’m not that worried because I’ve cut out alcohol, multiple cups of coffee and I’ve been really mindful of what I eat–cooking at home 95% of the time kind of thing. I was trying to lose about 10 pounds before I got pregnant and I know that’s out of the question now, but now that I’m not activley trying to… it’s weird to see the pounds fall off! Without morning sickness!

Post # 256
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Yay @mrsstrawberry24!

The topic ‘November 2013 Babies! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors