(Closed) November 2013 Babies! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 257
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Amazing pic! I’m going back for another ultra sound on the 25th, can’t wait to see more than just a little white blob in the gestational sac and hear the heart beat of course!

Post # 258
343 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Miss Damask:  Talk to your Dr and midwife, but really you’re good to continue with your routine as long as you really do listen to your body and slow down when you feel you should.  Not doing any ab exercises on your back going into the 2nd trimester is really the only no no I’ve heard of but everyone is different so consulting your practitioner is the only way to go about it properly. 

Wouldn’t worry about the weight loss either, cutting out the booze would def lead to a weight loss and they say not to gain more than 5lbs in the 1st trimester (I’ve already gained 5 lol) but of course some women lose weight bc of morning sickness so no big deal.  As long as you are gaining about 1lb/week when going into your 2nd trimester you’re good.

Post # 260
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@applebee thanks for the tips! 

@missstrawberry24 you’re due the day before me. This means that that’s basically what my baby looks like if I got an ultrasound. SO exciting!!

Post # 261
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  That is so wonderful!  I am so happy for you.

View original reply
@Miss Damask:  I practice yoga (CorePower, it uses free weights and is pretty intense) and I just sent my doctor an e-mail about it this morning.  I should hear back from her tomorrow so I will let you know what she says.  I sweat like a maniac so I’m mostly worried about my core body temperature.  I have gained a couple of pounds, all in my chest, so I totally feel you on the tenderness!!

Post # 262
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  OMG, baby looks AMAZING!  

Post # 263
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@Miss Damask:  Only passing the link because BodyRock twigged for me in my own research (as someone who is looking to gently incorporate some new stuff). This lady stopped doing BodyRock because she found it too intense but she also links on her blog to some modifications that can be done for Prenatal BodyRock. In case that’s of use to you!

http://miamihousewife.org/exercise-trimester-pregnancy/

Post # 264
339 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Congrats on the ultrasound.  That’s so exciting!!!

I’ve always been very active as well.  When I asked my doctor about it she said to let my body be my guide.  If I feel well then I can continue.  She said usually by about 4 months women start to feel a bit out of balance and so running becomes much more challenging, but things like yoga, spinning, swimming, etc she said were fine.  She did say to use caution if doing any real contact sports (e.g. boxing) but that’s not really my type of thing anyways!

Post # 265
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@canadablue wow thank you SO much. Those links are extremely helpful!

Post # 266
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

So I had to go to the doctor for a tiny scare but we did get to see the baby! Go back next week to see the heartbeat 🙂

Any other kids?: No, this is our first pregnancy.

Boy/Girl preference?: I am so thinking girl! I want either – as long as its healthy. Same with hubs.

Post # 267
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Awesome!! So happy to hear that things went well!!! 🙂 

Post # 268
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@MrsShayona: So sorry to hear about your scare.  Hope things are better now! Love your photo too!  I don’t know how I’m going to wait another 3 weeks for our first sonogram.    

Post # 269
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@MrsShayona:  cutest little sac ever! i hope everything is ok! I think i am going to go back next saturday and get my U/s to detect HB. i want my husband to be there. 

View original reply
@Annie624:  thank you!

I am so so so tired to day! I want to sleep at my desk! I work for a wireless company and we recently learned that our company was bought out by our competitor so in less than 90 days i will be out of the job!

I should prob be sad but DH makes enough money were that i really dont have to work. Looks like I am going to Stay-At-Home Mom by the time baby gets here. I am SOOO EXCITED! I feel so blessed!!!!

Post # 270
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Ahh, lucky!! I love it!

View original reply
@MrsShayona:  Looking good! Sorry to hear about your scare.

View original reply
@RunningGal:  I’m struggling with that “what amount of what kind of physical activity is right” question now too. Most days my physical activity is just long walks and I’m SO hungry when I get home now. Once or twice a week though I do folk dance which is really high impact with a lot of spinning and bouncing, sometimes together with pilates before class. Last week, before getting my BFP, I literally curled up on the floor from exhaustion. I also got sharp pains down the back of my leg by the end. I get them sometimes when I stop walking too. I’m thinking that, at least on the high impact aerobic side, there’s already a “too much” for me which is less than what it was just a couple of weeks ago.

Post # 271
339 posts
Helper bee

Wow, I am loving seeing all your ultrasounds!  Very exciting times 🙂

Based on my first meeting with my doctor it sounds like I’ll only get 2 ultrasounds done (at 12 weeks and 20 weeks) so it’s really nice to live vicariously through you ladies.

The topic ‘November 2013 Babies! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors