(Closed) November 2013 Babies! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 497
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Ladies, I have a concern about seeing my dad at Easter. We’re not telling family that early. He does this thing everytime he sees me where he squishes my stomach and then lifts me up in the air and holds me there. I think it’s his idea of a really enthusiastic hug. I don’t like it at all, it feels less like he’s putting on a show of power and control over me. He’s 400-ish lbs and well over 6 ft tall, whereas I’m only 5’10 and 150. He has four kids and I’m the only one he does this to. He’s got some mental health problems and clinical depression and he never listens when I tell him not to – it seems to make him want to do it more. For obvious reasons I really really don’t want it now more than ever. His mom and dad (my grandma and grandpa) will be around but they have never sided with me in instances where he has tried to physically restrain me somewhere, even as an adult. I need some advice, I don’t know what to do. I can and will talk about my concerns with DH but I don’t want to let my family in yet on what’s going on.

Post # 498
2538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@GreenDream:  Ok so the way i see it is that you have 3 options. 1) call him and calmly bring it up and tell him how much you hate when he does that and it bothers you.

2) tell him you have a tummy issue

3) avoid him at all cost!

Post # 499
2622 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@GreenDream:  Well this isnt something that should be harmful in anyway to your baby. So I wouldnt worry about that at all.

But I totally understand why you wouldnt want your dad to do this.

Since you have tried to nicely tell him not to do it, you could play hardball. As soon as you step in the same room and he comes to you, you step behind DH or ask that he wraps both arms around you in a hug from behind and say “Dad” I want to say Hi, but I wont come near you until you promise not to pick me up when you hug me. Otherwise I am staying here.

Post # 500
614 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

So we told my husband’s parents on Sunday. it was their anniversary and it made their day. We wrote on their anniversary card at the bottom “Love (husband) (wife) and Baby (Last Name) Coming November 2013. The card text was long and they were SO surprised to read the bottom. πŸ™‚

My brother in law and his wife are coming over for dinner tonight, so we’re going to tell them. They’re going out of the country for a few weeks and my husband wants to tell them before they go.

We’re still waiting to tell one of my brothers and his fiance until the week before his wedding (it’s April 20) and we’re going to tell my dad, other brother, grandma, aunt and cousin (and any other family on my side) at brunch after the wedding so we don’t steal my brother’s thunder!

Post # 501
2538 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Miss Damask:  I dont know why that made me tear up! I wish you had a picture! that is awesome! Does it feel better now that the news is out?

Post # 502
6 posts
Newbee

Hi Everyone,

So glad to be joining you! We just found out last night and while still a little bit in shock, we’re really really excited!!

After how many cycles of trying did you get this BFP?: One, it happened so quickly I’m shocked.

Estimated Due Date?: November 25th, 2013

How will you (or how have you) told your friends and family: So far only a few friends know but I think we will tell our families on the weekend. We are going to make a shirt for our dog that says “I’m gonna be a big sister” and skype with them. 

What symptoms have you been feeling (if any)?: Headaches like crazy and I’ve been absolutely starving the past few days.

Anything you’ve given up so far?: Alcohol

Where do you live? Canada

Any other kids?: this is our first!

Boy/Girl preference?: We both really want a boy but obviously would be happy with either

Married / Engaged? Married since December 5th, 2012.

When is your first (or next) doctor’s appointment?  I actually randomly had my annual checkup scheduled for this friday so it worked out perfectly!

Do you have twins that run in the family? My husband’s grandpa was a twin

Any food cravings so far? None but we just found out yesterday so I’m sure that will change.

Food aversions? None yet.

Intuition of boy vs girl? We both refer to it as a boy but not really sure yet. Will be finding out as soon as possible though.

How far along are you now ? 4 weeks

Post # 503
35 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@MrsShayona:  Love seeing those ultrasound pictures! Like everyone else, they make me look forward to my first ultrasound with more anticipation!

View original reply
@Bulldog27:  Congratulations! I broke the news to my husband by putting a shirt on our dog that said, “Big Sister,” so I obviously love the idea.

Post # 504
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Rugelach:  
View original reply
@Bulldog27:  Congratulations and welcome mommas!

View original reply
@MrsShayona:  Awesome pictures! I can’t wait until our u/s, although I’m not even sure when it will be!

Got to go to the doctor to have my BFP confirmed this morning so they could refer me to an ob/gyn (which is a whole other rant), and now we just need to wait until our appointment on the 15th. Seems like such a long time to wait! Ahh.

Post # 505
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
@wellheeledmama:  OMG I am totally with you on the exhaustion.  I actually had my eyes closing on me from about noon onwards today.  It’s brutal.

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  Very cute announcement ideas.  Are you leaning towards a certain one?

View original reply
@TexasDesignBee:  We’ll miss you on the November boards, but how exciting that you’ll be a momma sooner than expected πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Miss Damask:  What a great idea to tell the parents.  Very cute! 

View original reply
@Bulldog27:  Congrats and welcome πŸ™‚

Post # 506
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
@Rugelach:  I missed you in my last posting – sorry about that.  Welcome to the November boards.  It should be a fun 8 months ahead!!!

Post # 507
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
@Rugelach: 

View original reply
@Bulldog27:  Congratulations and welcome!!

View original reply
@julia924:  Congratulations!! I was looking through your roll call and I thought it was mine! Due date twin, and we are the same age (and our husbands have the same age), and same wedding month/year. I’m also from New Husband (Portsmouth originally), so I’m a big Maine fan πŸ™‚

View original reply
@MrsShayona:  Beautiful ultrasound, how lovely!!!

View original reply
@wellheeledmama:  Finger crossed for an a wonderful appt for you tomorrow!

I have my first appt tomorrow with my PCP and I have this completely irrational fear that even with 10 positive tests, he’s going to say, “what? you’re not pregnant.” Ridiculous I know, but hopefully I feel some reassurance afterward. I’m so excited, I just scheduled my first appt for 04/12 with my midwife (yay for my first pregnancy decision- midwife)! It’s cool to start thinking about the pregnancy and birthing experience and how I can decide the plan I want, even if it needs to change! They did adjust my EDD to November 18th, but I’m sticking with the 23rd. I’m fairly sure I know when I ovulated and I don’t think they took into consideration my longer cycles. I would rather think it’s later and be pleasantly surprised at the ultrasound πŸ™‚

Post # 508
2622 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@MichiganBee:  Congrats on your midwife decision. I thought about it but I dont think its right for me considering I have some extensive medical history. 

View original reply
@Bulldog27:  welcome!

Post # 509
2195 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@MrsStrawberry24:  just wanted to check in and say I’m thinking about you and your appt this morning! Please keep us posted!

MichiganBee:  congrats on the decision! I have emailed our local midwife practice as well, still haven’t heard back but so excited… I think it’s a great choice for DH and I too πŸ™‚

How is everyone feeling? I am 5w today (although I am pretty sure I’m a couple days short of this, due to my O date, but I’ll say 5w to make this easier) and I’m feeling really good. Boobs are a touch sore but other than that feeling really normal. The only odd thing is that I’m sleeping absolutely horribly since we found out.. I’m down from about 10:30pm-2:30am and then can’t get back to sleep. Anyone else? My cramping has gone away as well – did anyone else have this? I had some cramping before I tested, then for a few days after but now not too much of anything. I am hoping this is a good thing πŸ˜‰  19 days until our u/s.. countdown is on. lol. πŸ™‚

Post # 511
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@StaceyA: Having the same sleeping problem as you. I woke up WIDE awake on Monday night at 2am in the morning convinced it was time to get up. It’s awful!

Hello all! Given that we are now over 500 posts, I started a new thread for us November mamas.

Check it out here and we can close this thread

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/november-2013-babies-part-ii?replies=1#post-5451288

The topic ‘November 2013 Babies! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors