Hello! Another texas gal here. I feel like we haven’t done much, but we’re also DIY’ing a lot of our wedding, so I feel like we’re just sort of rolling with it as it comes to us and trying to accomplish what we can with the little free time we have. Our wedding is Nov 2nd and so far we have:
– my dress, garter and veil bought
– a DJ booked
– Venue booked, they provide tables, chairs, linens, food and wine
– Invitation list is looking pretty solid
– We’re proofing design mock-ups of our save the dates (little photos of us in the shape of texas – and we’re going to stick magnets to the back!) and hope to have them completed in the next week so we can get to printing.
Things we plan to accomplish before the month of March is over:
– Groom’s suit picked out and style of suits selected for groomsmen
– Save the dates in the mail
– Shoes for my bridal outfit bought
– Photographer booked (this is seriously becoming the most tedious part)
We’re planning to DIY save the dates, centerpieces and other large flower arrangments like the ones to go in front of the gazebo for the cermony, our 3-tiered cake (going to order a groomscake because there’s no way i could construct what i’m envisioning), rehearsal dinner finger foods (it’s in our back yard), venue lighting (like white string ilghts in the trees, etc), and hopefully our invitations.
Somewhere in the future, beyond march, I will tackle a florist for the bouquets, order our grooms cake, order catering for the main dish of our rehearsal dinner, look into whether or not we should rent a tent or outdoor furniture for the rehearsal dinner, rent chair covers for the reception, buy bridesmaid gifts, etc.