Post # 1
I don’t know if I am listing in the correct area- but I put it where I thought it made the most sense.
November 2013 brides: what’s left on your to-do list?
A week or 2 ago, I didn’t write an official list, but did a mental checklist- and I totally thought I was on track. I mean, I thought I was soooooooo on track that I just stopped “wedding” everything and went about everything else. But then yesterday, I went “oh, I have to do that.” And then two minutes later I’m like “oh, guess I should probably do that and this and that and that……oh f**k I have SO much to do!!!” And as of right now, I have burned through all the wedding fuel I have in me for today.
So tell me- what do you have left to do- I want to see where I stand!
Post # 3
1. Mail the invites. Just waiting on the stamps.
2. Gown alterations
3. Groom still needs to buy his ring.
4. Groom needs to work on the slideshow.
5. Finish making my ceremony decor/centerpieces.
Post # 4
I made a Google Doc to-do list to share with my family and fiance . . .and it has over 50 things on it
I would say overall the biggest things are:
- Apparel – dress alterations for me, suit alterations and ties for the groomsmen
- Music – choose all key songs plus do not play list for DJ, take dance lessons for first dance
- Arrange shuttle to/from the reception site
- Make a final decision on videography
- Detailed timeline
- Misc details – programs, gift bags for out-of-towners, confirm final numbers with venue/caterer, etc.
There are a lot of other small details, but these are the big categories of things. Good luck with your own final details! It’s getting so close!
Post # 6
- Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL
@MrsEME: Order food, booze, and cake (week of wedding from BBC restaurant, liquor store, and Publix.) Print ceremonial marriage contract and the programs at UPS (waiting for confirmation that Bridesmaid or Best Man has booked his flight.) Make pocket squares for Groomsmen (waiting for confirmation that Groomsmen suits have actual pockets.) Make salon appointments for my mom and I. DIY bouquets and centerpiece flowers. Buy dress for October 6 shower.
Post # 7
I am pretty much done! Everyone is saying I’m super organised but I don’t feel that way…
– Pay final payments to photographer, caterer, and cake maker
– Get a few more decorations (having reception at home) and get an idea of how I want things set up
– Organise chair hire and possible marquee tent hire, mainly for caterer
– Start stocking up on beer, wine and soft drink/soda.
– Assemble my bouquet (latex flowers… wow that sounds kinky!)
– Make my memory charms for our “memorial tree”.
Post # 8
Book chairs for ceremony
final payment for cake
final payment for photographer
re-order groom’s tie
WOW. That feels like a lot more than i thought….
Post # 9
@MrsEME: everybody has these tiny lists… Well, here’s mine, with less than two months to go! I work best close to a deadline though… mine is too long to type out. It’s 33 things long though! Yayyyyy *kill me*
Post # 10
I still need to:
Pick out Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
Get Groom and Groomsmen fitted
Do a final taste test on the menu
Choose hair and make up styles
Make center pieces
and I’m sure that there is more that I don’t remember…lol