(Closed) November 2013 Brides.. WHERE YOU AT?!?!

posted 7 years ago in November 2013
Post # 47
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

4 weeks and 5 days to go…..

Why is it when you feel organised and calm, someone throws a spanner in the works?? I’m having guest issues… we went from having so many family dramas with dates etc… to a private courthouse ceremony with 4 guests – eliminating the demanding guest dramas.

Now I have a co-worker (yes a co-worker) inviting himself and kind of pressuring my two other coworkers to “SHOW UP” as the courthouse is down the road form my office. I’m having a bridezilla moment where I just want to jump at him and strangle him. CALM CALM CALM…….. 

Anyway, apart from that I’m dealing with bouquet prices… just one small bouquet.. they want to charge me $200… so I’m DIYing it… pfft how ridiculous.

Just need my dress taken in a bit (yay for wedding weight loss!) and fiance needs a belt!

Post # 48
609 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@CupcakeLove:  

View original reply
@caramelcupcake:  You hear stories all the time about annoying/selfish guests and family members and then when you plan your own wedding you start to realise “crap. It’s happening to me too”

I’ve actually been pretty lucky. Just some issues with my vendors in these last couple of weeks, but our guests have been really understanding. I HAVE NINE DAYS TO GO!

Today I firmed up the cake, rehearsal dinner, picked up our travel docs for our honeymoon and yesterday I did my hair & makeup trial:

Post # 49
34 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@MissGemini:  Yep, I seriously didnt think I knew anyone with the cheek to pull that kind of crap!

ummm, gorj! How exciting… 9 days! eek its all coming together.. I love your eye make-up…

Post # 50
103 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@MissGemini:  oooooooh! pretty! I want to leave my hair down SOO badly but with this Charleston humidity (generally 90%+), its out of the question! 

Post # 51
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Seriously where did the time go! I had big deadlines yesterday so pretty much everything is done. Just need to print the seating chart and menu, pick up my dress, and drop off some items to the venue for my last meeting where I give them my cheque (not until next week).

Then bingo bango, it’s down the aisle and off to my honeymoon!! Can’t WAIT for it to be overrrrr!!!

Post # 52
609 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@jessc4343:  certainly not a problem up here in Ontario! It was 46 degrees farenheit here today…brr

Could you do hair up for the ceremony & photos and down for the reception?

Post # 53
103 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@MissGemini:  HA! It was actually 40 something here today, too! However, it was in the  low 70s just yesterday!!  

A change out is a great idea and is my best option, I think, since my Maid/Matron of Honor is also my hairdresser! I don’t think SHE’S excited about “working my hair” but… I just don’t know what future Jessica is going to want to do with her hair. I have my hair trial Nov 2 and I think I’m going to start with down for ceremony then up for party and see where that takes us. I want semi-casual, loose waves like yours but also a pretty side chignon. 

NINE days! Anything in particular you have left to do??

Post # 54
609 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@jessc4343:  I think a switcheroo is your best option for hair! Especially bc your Maid/Matron of Honor does hair. Bonus!

As for me, I’ve been dealing with major dress drama:http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/10-days-til-my-wedding-and-i-just-had-a-dress-meltdown#axzz2ih6hpCH8

But I solved that today and now I’m sending in numbers to the coordinator, firming up vendors, and finishing my day-of schedule! It’s so surreal how close it is!

Post # 55
103 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@MissGemini:  oh, man I was JUST reading that thread and realized it was you! I’m SOO glad you went with your gut feeling. I think the dress looked perfect but hate that you don’t/didn’t agree. You deserve to feel like you look perfect!

Even 16 days out and I’m having that “ohh woowwww” moment everytime I update the countdown board!

I hope it’s all bubbles and champagne for you from here on out!

Post # 56
609 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@jessc4343:  Thanks lovely. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m even more excited for the day to arrive, knowing I’ll feel & look like I’ve always want to!

Post # 57
60 posts
Worker bee

phew! tomorrow is exactly one month away from the big day! (nov 30th) aaaaaand it still feels like there is a mountain of things to do! (theres only 15 things on my list, but still!).

i have to finalise the bouquets, buy my wedding shoes and hubbys shoes, finalise the food, and a few other projects like buying feathers for decor etc etc but i think we will have everything done! (my hens weekend is next friday and i would IDEALLY like to have everything completed by then, but wishful thinking really). oh, and the small detail that my dress alterations arent finished yet,, eep!

Post # 58
113 posts
Blushing bee

I have 18 days to go…soooo happy! Just about done! Working on little small things now.

Post # 59
263 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe that in exactly a month, i will be a Mrs! I ordered my flowers yesterday and just need to finalise food, my decorations, FI’s tie and shirt and do my final payments – OH! and pick up my dress haha. And then just the fun things like hair appointment, getting nails done etc. 

I also have to finish my comprehensive exams, my final degree recital (master of music) and perform at a conference before then too. Looking forward to the wedding stuff as its probably the least stressful of the bunch! haha

Post # 60
34 posts
Newbee

So tomorrow is the 3 week mark!!! Um how cool is the month of November?!?

I’m in the middle of a bit of a health ‘scare’ at the moment.. So I’ve been keeping myself busy with wedding plans (I’m pretty much organised!) but I’m concentrating on the small details… Hopefully all will be ok (appointment with dowithin afternoon) so that I can get back into the excitement!!

So two night ago I had my first nightmare about the wedding!!!!! I dreamt that everyone kept laughing at me saying “ohhh look at the bride, you’re just having a bridezilla moment!” And no one was listening to me! I was trying to get my mum to book my eyelash extensions for the stay before (as my lash lady called to say she double booked!) and had to go to the florist to pick up flower for my DIY bouquet… I was saying to my family “someone either go to the florist or call around to get a lash appointment! Please!” And everyone was like “stop panicking!” And laughing at me! It was horrible…… My fiancé called this morning from work and said “CC…. Hello? This is your worst nightmare…. There are no lash appointments the day before the wedding… Everything is booked!” Hahah which cheered me up!

im super excited……….. Can’t wait til this docs appointment is over today so I can feel excited again. 

Post # 61
346 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married this Saturday! Can’t believe we are within a week!

So far I have been stress free (yay!) and don’t have anything between now and the big day except a waxing and nail appointment and the rehearsal! Woo!

The topic ‘November 2013 Brides.. WHERE YOU AT?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors