(Closed) November 2013 Brides.. WHERE YOU AT?!?!

posted 7 years ago in November 2013
Post # 62
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
@caramelcupcake:  your fiance seems to have a great sense of humor, as do you – that is excellent! I really hope you have the lashes and flowers of your not-nightmares!! 

View original reply
@mrspizanotobe:  isn’t it wonderful?! I’ve actually been stressing only over the lack of stress (i.e. “i MUST be forgetting to do something – this is all going way too smoothly…”)

Although, admittedly, my To-Do list is a litte longer still, but manageable –

• flowers arrive Thursday so we’ll have to make 3 baby’s breath bouquets (easy) and bouts (maybe not as easy, we’ll see!!). 
  • We’re hosting a pizza & ice cream party the night before the wedding for all of our Out of Town guests & bridal party/family – so that’s always at the back of my mind. 
  • Our favors are edible (s’mores, omnom) so we can’t really assemble those until a teeeeensy bit closer, too. Although I did already cut 100 lengths of ribbon to wrap ’em up!
  • I also need to get our 3 boys bags packed so they can bunk with grandparents during the weekend (thank you baby jesus for them!).

Last night I created a wedding day timeline for our attendants and family, and that made me feel a little better knowing that I (fingers crossies) won’t be answering the same question 5 – 1 millionish times. However, the note I added – “please call anyone but the bride” – and adding our coordinators’ and MOH/GM’s numbers might the brightest idea I’ve had all week…

I’m really ready to start packing for the honeymoon – with our chilly weather I can at least go ahead put the bathing suits in the luggage ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 63
346 posts
Helper bee

@jessc4343 It’s funny because SO many people keep saying aren’t you stressed or nervous? But neither Fiance or I are. We figure we did all we can. We care more about the details than anyone and we are just so excited to be married soon ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Congrats and have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!

Post # 64
103 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@mrspizanotobe:  Fiance and I were just discussing this morning the silliness of someone asking “So, are you excited?!” …well, duh. I read somewhere that all people want to hear is “YES!” but the cynast in me wants to regale them with the real life shit, the “I still have $7k to pay out to our vendors and am not sure if we’re gonna have money to eat on our honeymoon” Does it make it ok if I say all that in a really freakin chipper manner? 

I’m really not ungrateful or aggravated that someone cares enough to ask – I just think that curiousity is not well verbalized.

Also, ditto on the congratulations and I hope it’s the best wedding ever!!

Post # 65
346 posts
Helper bee

@jessc4343 It is funny when people ask that. Of course I’m excited! I’m getting married…not working hours of hard labor LOL. I feel like we are so on the same page. We just paid our final paymetns which amounted to about 10K! And we are scaling back the honeymoon a bit because we kinda went over budget. But that’s okay…I am sure we will be on cloud 9 anyways. 

Post # 66
35 posts
Newbee

Where are u lovely November ladies heading for your honeymoon? I’m almost as excited for that!! We’re from Australia and were going to Vegas and Cancun. 4th time in Vegas for me, 1st for the man… SO exciting to show him a place I love so much! And Cancun, I’ve been meaning to go back for about 5 years now, the mans never been their either (and he’s been to pretty much every country..) xx

Post # 67
103 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@caramelcupcake:  I’ve been to Vegas once and had a great time without ANY gambling. Not that I’m against it – I’m just awful at it, hah! I do regret not playing at least one slot machine… My boss just returned from a week in Cancun and RAVED about it – she went with three friends and they got to do a lot of neat stuff – I hope your Fiance enjoys Cancun as much as you (and my boss) did/do!

We’ll be heading out to Costa Rica for 8 days – four in the mountains, 4 at the beach – I can’t decide which I’m more excited for, if I had to choose! 

Post # 68
35 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@jessc4343:  I looooove Vegas, I’m not a gambler either.. I only played one slot machine on my first trip… At the airport on the way home! Haha… My Fiance is not a gambler but i just know he’s going to love it, cos its mad, it’s like nowhere else in the world. So lots of things to see and do in Vegas before the week of relaxing on the beach, all inclusive in Cancun! Only one regret- we booked quite a short honeymoon (12 days- very short by Aus standards) and because we’re having a tiny ceremony we have saved WAY too much spending money and could have done at least another week.. Tickets can’t be changed ๐Ÿ™

Costa Rica is on my to-do list.. I’m the same as you, I’d rather have a couple of days in different spots than just the one.. It will be like two totally different honeymoons for you, like two trips in one! A bit of adventure and a bit of beach time ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 69
9129 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

We got married this past weekend and everyone kept asking if we were nervous. We obviously weren’t since we spent the week before the wedding relaxing on the beach.

The topic ‘November 2013 Brides.. WHERE YOU AT?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors