(Closed) November 2014 Babies! Part 1

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 691
1660 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
SpringDaisy5:  I was all ready to tell them today, but they are having a bad day and I don’t want to add to their stress by basically telling them I’m leaving in November… maybe next week…. ugh

Post # 692
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I am today joining the spotting club unfortunately. 

it was just a tiny wipe on one occasion but it was bright pink.

I spoke to a nurse at my OB’s rooms and she said it’s up

to me whether I want to have another scan for peace of 

mind. so I booked one in for Monday and I’m going to 

cancel if there is no repeat of the spotting I had today.

eeuugghhhh. I thought since we had seen the heart beat it was going to be ok. I’m 9 Weeks tomorrow.  

Post # 694
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
Truffle-hunter:  when I went in for my very first doctors appt and ultrasound my doctor told me that where my baby had implanted in my uterus she could see bruising in the ultrasound and to expect “old” blood to come out and not to worry. She said if I have “new” bright red blood to call right away. I never had implantation bleeding and still haven’t spotted yet, but at least I know what to think if I do start spotting. I think small random spotting is fine. hope your doctors appt goes well.

Post # 695
472 posts
Helper bee

Thank you 

View original reply
hardtoconcentrate:  and 
View original reply
SpringDaisy5:  that makes me feel so much better. It’s been continuing but it’s been mostly brown fluid stuff just spotting. I’m feeling much more zen about it now- there’s nothing I can do to stop a miscarriage so there’s no point pre-emptively worrying. 

Post # 696
472 posts
Helper bee

By way of an update on my situation: it’s been a rough few days. On Saturday I was continuing to spot. I don’t even know if you might call it more than spotting…like a very light period…it hadn’t given up since Wednesday so it was really getting to me and I started thinking ‘is this the start of an actual miscarriage? Like, it just seems to be too much blood to be normal. So I went to the hospital and told them I thought I was having a miscarriage. I went to a private hospital so I was seen immediately. They did a scan and saw the baby had grown since my last one and the heart beat was strong. They confirmed I was not miscarrying but they couldn’t say why I was bleeding. I am glad I did that because it really helped me to cope with the bleeding. 

i went to see my usual OB today and she did another scan (by now I am 9wk4d) and said the babe was moving and the heart beat was strong. No signs of blood in the uterus and so explanation for the bleeding. I have not had any bleeding since this morning so hopefully that is the end of it. the doctor said it is not uncommon for women to have early bleeding. but given what I’ve been reading from the rest of you ladies, it’s more like it’s ‘common’. I would like to see a poll of everyone on this November board to find out just how common it is! 

It’s crazy all the feelings you go through when you find yourself bleeding: failure, angst at having to tell all the family we just told we were expecting, futility…it made me really want a glass of wine! I’m grateful for my supportive husband and BFF. 

Post # 697
207 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Truffle-hunter:  so glad to hear that everything is okay! And I’m happy you were able to see and hear your baby, as that is so reassuring! that is one of the hardest parts for me, because besides being moody and exhausted, I have no morning sickness and don’t really feel pregnant. Having an ultrasound made the world of difference for me! I’m so happy your baby is growing nicely!

Post # 698
1660 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Truffle-hunter:  That’s great news that everything is looking great in there! Sorry you had a scare, that had to be really nerve wracking!!  I haven’t had any spotting or bleeding during my pregnancy, so I can’t give you any insight, but I know a lot of ladies here have, so maybe they can shed some light on it… Is it possible you had a small subchorionic bleed?  Here’s a quick google search result of that: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/complications/subchorionic-bleeding.aspx it says that 20% of pregnant women have them/bleeding and 50% go on to have healthy pregnancies. So I say if your doctor isn’t concerned it may have been that but it cleared itself up!

Post # 699
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi there- I have been stalking this board for a while now and after an amazing 12 week ultrasound have decided to join!

Due Date: 7th November 2014

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking)? 13

How long did you try before your BFP? First time

Do you have any other kids or is this the first? First child

Any symptoms yet? sore boobs and fatigue, tiny bits of nausea if I didn’t eat frequently enough. 

What are you most excited about? Meeting our baby!

What are you most nervous about? The birth

What will you miss most while you’re pregnant? Wine!!!

i have also had plenty of brown spotting the whole way since my bfp which has caused plenty of anxiety. However it has become more infrequent and has pretty much disappeared now! Repeating a positive mantra whenever I started to feel anxious really helped me πŸ™‚ also scans to check on progress.

Post # 700
472 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
SpringDaisy5:  thanks πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
wandering_gypsy:  that’s a bit scary! πŸ™ 

View original reply
Idling:  welcome! I look forward to hearing about your journey as the baby grows. Can you believe there are only 7 months to go?! 

Post # 701
1660 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Truffle-hunter:  sorry, I didn’t mean to make you worry!  I meant it as “a lot of times the bleeding is perfectly fine!” GAH, sorry it didn’t come across that way!  The doctor isn’t concerned and saw no sign of more bleeding and baby is doing well, there is no reason to worry!!

Post # 702
472 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
wandering_gypsy:  I know you meant it as a positive, don’t worry πŸ™‚ I feel heaps better now, mentally. I’m going to try to wait til 12 weeks for my next scan, even though the Dr said I can come in at 11 weeks or even weekly if I want. 

Post # 703
207 posts
Helper bee

Idling:  Welcome to the group! I am excited you decided to join us and even more excited that you had an amazing 12 week ultrasound! There is a group of us on a sceret FB if you are interested. I am on the FB group but also hang around here too. Congrats and welcome!

Post # 704
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
SpringDaisy5:  hi- thanks for the welcome πŸ™‚

actually the fb group might be a bit easier to keep track of! How do I join?

Post # 705
207 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
hardtoconcentrate:  
View original reply
Idling:  send a PM to hardtoconcentrate with your email address that you use to log in FB and she can send you an invite.

The topic ‘November 2014 Babies! Part 1’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors