(Closed) November 2015 brides – How is planning/emotion/budget going?

posted 5 years ago in November 2015
Post # 2
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I’m at that point where I just don’t know exactly what to do, and so I am focusing on nitty gritty details and obsessing over ridiculous things (eg, I’ve spent like 57383 hours looking for the perfect shoe)

Budget is on track so far..but there’s still a lot in the air like alcohol, food, dress alterations. Blah!

Post # 3
107 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
minimalistbee:  and boo on your sister 🙁 Im sure that’s fun to deal with 

Post # 4
2870 posts
Sugar bee

I feel like I have loads done.. But way too much to do still. Main issue lately is not being able to get a wedding band and no bachlorette party. Dad panda on both but I’ll survive

Post # 5
618 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
minimalistbee:  My fiance and I are at that point where we just want the day to be here so we can have fun and enoy it! We’ve only got the small detail stuff to do – finish centerpieces, signage and favors. I need still alterations and we need to arrange for transportation, but all the big ticket stuff is taken care of. We are sending our invitations out this week (YAAAY!) and I can’t wait to start getting RSVPs! 

Post # 6
15 posts
Newbee

I think I’m the only girl in the world who hates wedding planning! Fiance and I are just ready for the day to be here!! We have gotten alot done, but there its still SO much to do! For example, we still have to decide on a FLORIST and a DJ!!!! I feel so far behind, and like I can only focus on the small/non-important details (like obsessing over napkins and my bachelorette party!) BLAH. Just can’t wait to get it all done and be married!!!

Post # 7
257 posts
Helper bee

Yeah, so far behind here. Just finished a cross-country move (out of the city where we are getting married!) so now I have to plan a trip back to finalize the catering menu and meet with the florist. Hoping to time that with my dress coming in so I can go for a first fitting! I am starting to feel completely overwhelmed and am convinced I am forgetting something. And one of my bridesmaids still hasn’t ordered her DRESS. I guess if she doesn’t, she won’t be in the wedding. I offered to pay for it, I am not sure what else to do except physically order the dress for her. Hope it all starts coming together soon!

Post # 8
618 posts
Busy bee

Sent out our invitations on Saturday! I cannot wait until we start getting RSVPs!! 

Post # 9
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - Ballroom

I’m feeling pretty good about my planning thus far. All vendors are booked, most are paid for. Honeymoon is planned – flights, hotels and many activities paid for.  Zero drama all-around (unless you count Fiance breaking his leg on Memorial Day weekend – THAT was a stressor I would have rather not dealt with!).  Invitations ordered this weekend, should have them next week.  Two bridal showers and Bachelorette Weekend are booked as well! We will be spending the next 117 days working on the small details. Can’t wait for the big day! 

Post # 10
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - Marina Village Bayview Room

We’re ready for November to be here already! Since we already booked all of our vendors, I only have a few DIY projects left to finish and I plan to send invitations out next week.  My current focus is on toning up for my strapless dress. I want to make sure most of my weight loss and toning is done before my first dress fitting in September.  Anyone else in the same boat?

Budget-wise, we’re doing ok. We’re paying for the wedding ourselves so we created a budget plan and vendor payment plan at the beginning of the year and stuck to it. It’s been a huge relief to have that organized, so I just send checks when my alerts tell me to.  We’ll be fine as long as we stop looking at Pinterest and finding things to add to our budget 😉

@minimalistbee That’s unfair of your sister. Don’t let her actions bother you though. Focus on the fact that you’re a few months away from the best day of your life! 

Post # 11
107 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
angel1107:  yes! And Sept dress fitting is getting closer and closer, yikes! I’ve been doing daily burn, this week I started a new program called cardio sculpt so hoping that tones me up a little quicker than what I had been doing. Especially my arms 💪🏼

Post # 12
5 posts
Newbee

Like someone said above – my Fiance and I are just ready for the wedding to be here already!  Most planning is done until the RSVP’s come back, but we still need to get wedding party gifts.  The budget is doing ok – it helped that the place we chose for the reception had a LOT of stuff included in a per person price (tables, chairs, linens, food, tax, gratuity, coordinator, etc).

(sorry, rant coming)

Surprisingly, the biggest stressors during this whole process have been the people closest to me.  My mom says she wants to help, but whenever I gave her something to do, she didn’t do it, or she asked me a million questions about things she could have looked up on the internet (like I had to).  There were THREE emails about what kind of stamps I wanted for the invites after she said she wanted to buy them for me!!  THREE!!  For STAMPS! 

The others stressing me out are my bridesmaids.  Neither have been very supportive!  I’m not asking them to plan or anything, I just want them to be there for me.

My Maid/Matron of Honor has always talked about how she couldn’t wait to throw me a bachelorette some day.  A few months ago she said she wasn’t up to throwing the party but still wanted to come.  Cut to yesterday when she told me she couldn’t come to the bachelorette in TWO DAYS, and that she “can’t wait to see [me] in November.”  

Added to that – my other bridesmaid (my cousin) – had originally said she would be at the bachelorette and asked to stay with me, but then a few weeks ago she said she was going to come to the bridal shower instead of the bachelorette.  No one asked her to choose!

Has anyone else been more stressed by friends/family than the actual wedding planning?

Post # 13
342 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
bridey5102:  YES to your question! I have had three people asking me why I didn’t invite so-and-so and I JUST got a FB message last night from my cousin saying that she added a +1 to her RSVP. I mean… what… ?

Anyway, I am a November bride and just discovered these date twin boards. So far most everything is booked. I finally booked some cocktail tables this weekend because I was going back and forth about whether I wanted them and decided I really need something for drinks/cocktail foods and they’re really not too expensive. My dress fitting is on Friday (yay!). Most vendors are paid off except for our church, photographer, and videographer. That should all be done next month. They’re due on the day of but I’d really rather have it taken care of. 

We are slowly getting RSVPs in which is nice. Now we’re heading into the detail/DIY phase which I am so not looking forward to. 

Did I mention I work full time and go to school half time as well? To a PP, no you are not the only girl who does not care for wedding planning.

Post # 14
11 posts
Newbee

Well stupid us, we thought we would be “polite” and extend a plus 1 to all adults. We sent out our invites early, admittedly, but we thought it was weird that some obvious yes people hadn’t responded. Lo and behold, half of my girlfriends from high school and college are now holding out til the last minute “just in case” they meet that special someone. Lesson freaking learned. Ugh I could cry just thinking about it. One night stands coming to my wedding. AWESOME.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Rxbee90.
Post # 15
836 posts
Busy bee

Up until last week, I was feeling like there was almost nothing left to do.  Then I made a to-do list, that was filled with all the little things, and it ended up being almost 2 pages long! Half of which is stuff left to buy! I’m almost wishing I would not have made the list, because now I am totally stressing out   But I’m glad I did, so I know what all I have left! Those darn little things add up so quickly!!!

The topic ‘November 2015 brides – How is planning/emotion/budget going?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors