(Closed) November 2015 brides – How is planning/emotion/budget going?

posted 4 years ago in November 2015
Post # 16
2871 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I ordered 100 ounces of Hershey kisses last night for our centerpieces. Hoping I don’t have a post nuclear wedding planning day and eat them before the wedding actually comes!

Right now, we still seem to be on budget. I literally spend every day crunching number to see how things are going. My first shower was this past Sunday, and I actually enjoyed it! I’m not good in social situations, so happy I survived. And the glass of wine didn’t help. I’m trying to not let the rough parts of it affect me. My RSVP’s are due in two weeks and I pray more come in. Really don’t want to call/facebook/email/text all these people! Eek!

Post # 17
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - Marina Village Bayview Room

@rxbee90 Wow! We were very selective about who got plus ones, because space is so limited. Did you give a deadline for sending back RSVPs? We recently started calling everyone that hadn’t responded to get a concrete answer, even though our deadline isn’t until October. It made people make a decision one way or another…maybe that might work for you too.

Post # 18
618 posts
Busy bee

natbrown0703:  I hear you! Our to-do list is extremely overwhelming. We’re trying to cram in all of our meetings with our vendors within the next two weeks so that we can finalize details, get them paid and leave all of the DIY stuff to be done throughout the month of October. 

RSVP’s are starting to screech to a halt and we don’t even have half of them in. We still have three weeks until our due date, but I know we’re going to be spending at least two weeks after that tracking people down for responses. How hard is it to throw a card in a pre-stamped envelope and drop it in the mail!? Many of the things that we have left to do are dependent upon our guest count.

Post # 19
2814 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - City, State

Planning- Going great! Have all the big stuff out of the way now we’re just checking off little things on my to do list for each upcoming month until the wedding. This month we’re practicing our first dance (learning from a DVD). Working on text for our church programs. Getting my reception dress altered. I’m also going hard as far as diet and fitness goes.

Emotional- Not feeling stressed yet thank goodness. I planned far in advance so everything’s going according to plan.

Budget- Nothing has been added to the budget so we are still firm at the budget we felt comfortable with.

Post # 20
342 posts
Helper bee

I was feeling really really stressed but I had my fitting last Friday and it just all kind of melted away and got me really excited! I also visited the venue that day just to get some more ideas for setup and everything (they’re a museum so I can basically just pop in whenever), and it put me at ease.

The dress is pinned at the sides in the photo to be taken in and it actually has a train, this is the bustle. You can’t even tell!

Post # 21
342 posts
Helper bee

It’s taffeta so a bit wrinkly but I don’t even care.

Post # 22
257 posts
Helper bee

AMNDAPLZ:  you look gorgeous! And your post gives me hope. My dress still isn’t in….supposed to be in next week. After managing a cross country move in the last few months and stress eating, I just hope it fits.

Post # 23
342 posts
Helper bee

cristin94:  Thank you so much! I felt absolutely beautiful in my dress and I can’t wait for my fiance to see it. I am sure yours will fit wonderfully.

I forgot, I also got my band on Saturday. Another check on this list. Next, we need to get our marriage license!

Post # 24
257 posts
Helper bee

I just mailed invitations last week! Ugh, I feel so far behind and I’ve got something like 38 days to go. Had the shower/bachelorette party last weekend and the final tasting with the caterer. I ordered the programs and menu cards today. I am getting married in my hometown, but living half way across the country so that just adds one more level of crazy to my life! lol

Please tell me I am not the only one losing my mind? What are you last minute “to-do’s”? (Looking to see what I have forgotten about!)

Post # 25
342 posts
Helper bee

cristin94:  We are slowly but surely receiving rsvps. So far we have 104 responses out of 151 invited. I had my bridal shower last weekend which was soooo fun. I really enjoyed it and I was feeling a little stressed about it because honestly as a bridal shower guest I have never really enjoyed them. This reminds me I need to send out thank yous!

Right now I’m looking at all the little things I need to buy, like a cake stand, any additional linens, votives, etc. And I have a meeting with my florist in a couple weeks to finalize everything.

Post # 26
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - Ballroom

I need to find an extensive last-minute to-do list online somewhere so I don’t forget anything! I use the Note app on my phone compulsively, but I can’t shake the feeling that I’m missing something…does anyone have any suggestions? 

Post # 28
318 posts
Helper bee

I have so many things to do still for my November 7 wedding, it’s crazy.

My dress is currently getting altered; it fit perfectly when I took it in, but the bra/corset I’m wearing underneath made it a little hard to zip up and I’m crazy worried that I’ll either gain weight or lose weight in the next 5 weeks. I’m trying to trim out all sugar/carbs/etc leading up to the wedding so that I have flawless skin, but man. If I lose any weight I might need the dress taken in.

I’m also working out the details for a dinner & drink menu, seating chart, photograpy timeline, wedding party timeline, guest timeline, when people can go decorate both venues (I have a ceremony venue and a reception venue)… My mom and aunt are currently working out the details for the bridal shower and the rehearsal dinner, but it’s hard not to stress about those.

I also still need to get a MOB and FOB gift, one more bridesmaid gift, and a gift for my Fiance. I’m drawing blanks on these.

I met with a florist yesterday and she’ll be getting me a cost estimate for day-of flowers… Hopefully it’s not too high and we can go with her, otherwise I don’t have a backup! Eek!

Finally, neither me nor my Fiance have rooms for the night before the wedding, and I need to figure that out so that we know where we’re getting ready the morning of the wedding!

…now that I’ve written that all out, it seems like way more than I thought, and I only have 38 days left until the wedding (plus I’m finishing my last year of school and I have a fulltime job). PANIC.

But on the bright side, our venues are secure, our cake is secure, I have all my bridal accessories ready, the registries are set, my Fiance has ordered his suit, my bridesmaids have their dresses tailored, the groomsmen have their outfits ready, and the centerpieces are almost done. So there’s a lot that we don’t have to worry about. Thank goodness.

Good luck to everyone else and their approaching weddings! 🙂

Post # 29
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

I’m so over it. Planning is mostly done. Budget is close – except we arent getting as many declines as expected. Oh well. 

family and in laws are stressing me to the point of meltdowns. But I just found out i’ll be taking a trip to Florida for work two weeks before the wedding..it will be perfect to be away from the people who are stressing me out 

Post # 30
83 posts
Worker bee

alishac:  same boat! ( spent XXXx hours looking at shoes!) I don’t know what to do sometimes

i feel like there’s big things left to do but get stuck on like little things- like googling shoes for hours on end! 😫😱

The topic ‘November 2015 brides – How is planning/emotion/budget going?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors