(Closed) November 2015 brides – How is planning/emotion/budget going?

posted 5 years ago in November 2015
Post # 31
83 posts
Worker bee

Well… I feel emotionally a little crazy to be honest. I’m all over the place! One minute I could cry just at the mention that we’re getting married ( happy tears ) & the next I feel like calling it off and eloping !! ( wouldn’t really ) but it is a bit much! It’s overwhelming! and what makes it harder is like one day I’m having a freak out and calling my mom telling her all the stuff I’m behind on- she tells me she’s sick of hearing it to calm down, I’ll calm down and next day she’ll CALL ME stressing me out!!! Reminding me what I have to do, questioning the things I’ve done, & just having a complete meltdown! ( it is a little funny)  but mostly I’m really happy , we have 4 small children ( 2,4,5 &8 ) & I’ve waited for this for a long time!

budget wise: that’s complicated! My parents are divorced and both offered to chip in; but whenever I asked for a basic budget to go off of no one could tell me a difinative answer! So I just started planning and kinda gave myself a budget to guide me- they ended up splitting the bill for venue/reception,& we’re covering the extras. I have went a little bit over my “make believe” budget, but I still have been reasonable! ( the budget I gave myself was $15,000 so it’s nit like I’ve been splurging )

planning we just signed contract with photographer, got the florist taken care of, DJ and food and all that’s done, cake has been ordered, just started getting RSvP’s back, most big things done. Just finishing up signs and stuff, have to get our children’s outfits, figure out what we’re doing as far as car service, and go for my fitting. ( my gown was suppose to come in 2 weeks ago and hasn’t yet so I’m a bit freaked out about it ) our major thing currently is the pastor whom baptized me was suppose to officiate,& now he isn’t!!! So of course I’m freaking out because obviously that’s a pretty big deal- you kinda need an officiant to get married!! But I’m trying to remain calm because I know there’s plenty of officiants/judges/pastors, what have you, it just won’t be with someone as personal. And I still have to finish getting gifts! About a week ago I was feeling really good, like we’re finally on track with this thing- now I’m feeling overwhelmed again like we’re drowning in “to-do’s”  we have 2 months to go as of yesterday , I think it’s just nerve racking cause it’s so close… 

The topic ‘November 2015 brides – How is planning/emotion/budget going?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors