November 2017 POAS part 3

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 796
7850 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Well I just showed Darling Husband tonight’s darker test and talk about anticlimatic! He’s like “but the line is so much lighter than the other one – I think they need to be the same.” Like buddy, take a step back – do you really want to educate me on how a positive pregnancy test is supposed to look!? So I went and got the FRER box where it clearly stipulates that ANY pink line, no matter how light, is a positive, and even then he’s like “ok but in the picture on the box, the line’s a lot darker than yours.” We got a damn scientist on our hands amirite?? So then I showed him some google images of FRER progressions and how it gets darker very quickly…that seemed to convince him. jeez louise….this is not how I expected this moment to go lol. 

Post # 798
7850 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

chicagold :  lol for real, this FRER habit is bankrupting me. I should have preordered them on Amazon where they’re so much cheaper, but instead I’ve spent $40 in the last 3 days buying packs at the drug store. But hey, I guess I’m not drinking alcohol anymore so …at least saving some money there…maybe?? lol

Post # 799
7850 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

amanda1988 :  god, glad I’m not the only one! I have a digital I’m waiting to use but don’t want to bust it out until my regular tests are darker. Hopefully that will at least convince him! 

Post # 800
21 posts
Newbee

I went MIA for a bit and missed Amanda and RacoonKitty AFs (sorry ladies, but Christmas babies would be awesome). At least the cycles from hell are over with.

teacherlady :  LondonAutumn :   tiffanybruiser :   Congrats ladies!!!!

chicagold: OMG! Congrats!!! Lawyer moms made it happen in Nov 😄 

Also congrats to any other BFPs!

Post # 801
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

shanbp :  chicagold : 

i hope so. I havent used this brand before, so im scared its just an indent or some mean trick lol 

tiffanybruiser :  I have two frer’s here, and im trying to hold out but its SOOO tempting to bust one out tomorrow with fmu! 

Post # 802
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Think I’m 11dpo and got a bfn this morning. I’m getting AF like cramps so think I’m out for this month but not due for another couple of days so holding out hope! I’m already so over this TTC business.

Post # 803
1360 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

tiffanybruiser :  ok if it makes you feel better my dh openened the gift, saw the onesie and positive tests, said “you’re pregnant” hugged me and said told me he couldn’t believe it, and then said “wow awesome” and then literally a minute later he told me about how he pulled one of my long head hairs out of his ass crack at work. 

Post # 804
7850 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

LondonAutumn :  hahahaha omg. What is with these husbands? Like I didn’t do a cute announcement with Darling Husband but I still expected a bit more excitement than “well the line looks really light, are you sure you’re actually pregnant?” (he asked me this like no less than 15 times). Darling Husband is the type that needs time to process major news like this though so I’m hopeful he’ll be more pumped today. I’m also continuing to downplay it because it’s so incredibly early and I don’t want to get our hopes up (although in my case that ship has unfortunately sailed!), so that might be contributing.

In other news, I’m out of squinter territory! Below is 12dpo FMU, 12dpo PM, and 13dpo FMU (this morning). I’m also seeing lines on my cheapies now although they are still squinty. 

And my temp is way up too! Although I could barely sleep at all last night because I’m still in a frenzy over this, so that might be part of it. But at 13dpo my temp is usually hovering over the cover line. AF is due tomorrow so we’ll see…

I’ve also developed a horrible cold over night. Awful sore throat and congestion. Are there any cold meds that are acceptable to take while preggo?

For those of you who are looking for tips on how to get pregnant, I am convinced I know what did the trick for us this cycle:

1) I bought the year-long VIP subscription to FMF a mere 5 days before getting my BFP. Obv the universe was not gonna let that one slide.

2) I consumed alcohol regularly during my TWW. whoops! In my defense, it was thanksgiving and my family is tres boozy and I was getting BFNs through 11dpo!

3) I bought a supply of 50 OPKs as soon as I ovulated. Again, universe.

So now yall know the secret. Go forth and multiply. Blessed be the fruit!

Post # 805
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

tiffanybruiser :  Congrats again, great line and temp progression! Love your advice lol. If only FF allowed transfer of memberships, I sure would buy that VIP from you!

Post # 806
7850 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

AquariusLove :  thank you bee! I would happily sell it to you lol. At least I got it on a 40% discount ($24.99 I think rather than the usual $40-something). I have heard rumors that there’s a “pause” button you can use while pregnant so if this one sticks I’ll probably just do that.

Post # 807
144 posts
Blushing bee

And my final pee stick. 

Post # 808
7850 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

teacherlady :  yayyyy!!!! congrats again bee!!! I want to take a digital but am afraid lol. I think I’ll wait til tomorrow, which is when AF is due.

Post # 809
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Yay ladies, so happy for you! Thinking about buying the VIP with FMF an dmaybe temping in Jan. I’m only 9DPO and neg on IC this am (which I know could mean nothing), but it has been and will continue to be an extremely stressful month for me (moreso than ever experienced) due to work and the realization that I need to leave my 6-figure job. I have a phone interview with a company I met in person last week and another in person interview today so I need all of your positive thoughts so I can get out of this and be back in a real mindset for TTC.

Post # 810
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

tiffanybruiser :  very nice progression!! I’m so happy for you!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors