(Closed) November 2017 POAS

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 106
2184 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Your age/partner’s age:37/31

Baby #:   2

Current Cycle Day/DPO:  not sure, just had a CP and the bleeding started last wed so I’ve been told to take that as my first CD so CD6?

Ovulation Date:  no idea after CP, but if my cycle goes somewhat normal maybe Oct 23/24

POAS Date:  estimated Nov 5th

Usual Cycle Length: 27-28 days 

Cycles Trying:  2nd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  BD timing, prenatals 

Trying anything new this month?  Nope 

Link to your chart if charting:  will do when I figure out how to do it 

For fun: What are your top 3 vacation destinations you hope to visit someday?  Greece, Australia 

Post # 107
2184 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

In a bit of a predicament! 

So DH and i started TTC after my sept AF and got pregnant right away. I ended up having a CP (first time) and DH is taking it really hard…. like REALLY HARD! It’s sad but I dunno I guess maybe I had some feelings or guesses it wasn’t going to stick so maybe I was more used to the idea, but I’m more of less fine now (after being upset for a day or 2). 

Im getting worried he won’t want to try again and I’m trying to be sensitive and explain that this is really common and we can’t always expect to get pregnant after the first try and have it work out fine. That’s what haooened with my daughter…. first month BOOM! I told him that my cycle could be back asap because my beta levels were already almost zero when I had them checked and we could prob start trying as of this weekend if I count my CP bleeding as CD1. 

Heres the predicament. For reasons I’m sure many of you will understand, we don’t want to make any announcements about a pregnancy until we’re out of the danger zone. We didn’t even tell our parents until 12w with our first mainly because they are all huge gossips and cannot keep a secret even if they had a gun to they’re heads!!!!!!! NOT kidding!!! If we try again right away and I do get pregnant we will be close to 10-11 weeks at Christmas. If we wait a month or more and then I do I could possibly only be a few weeks at Christmas. The issue surrounding Christmas is that we’re traveling to my home province for 10 days and staying with my parents! My cousins are flying in and it’s going to be this huge thing with dinner after dinner and everyone’s basically going to be drinking like… everyday!!! There’s no way I will be able to hide a pregnancy while staying with my family. I could maybe get away without drinking for like one night lol.

if we’re close to 11w I think that would be fine but if I’m freshly pregnant neither of us wants to go through this and then have to announce we lost the pregnancy πŸ™ so I need to have a talk with DH that if he feels he needs to wait because emotionally he just can’t yet then we might have to wait until January!!!! πŸ™ 

ugh!!!! 

Post # 108
9754 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
Mls1988 :  In regards to your DH saying it will just “happen”, mine was the same way. When I started talking about fertile windows and things like that it made him feel like I wasn’t doing it because I *wanted to* but because I *had to*, likie a job which then made him not feel into doing it. I just spared him those details but made sure I engaged him during my FW instead of being like “YO! I’m ovulating!”

Post # 108
918 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
slomotion :  yeah I’m pretty sure that’s how he’s feeling.

Congrats on your BFP!

I’m pretty sure I ovulated today or yesterday, but we’re thinking of going for a house in the next few months so may lay off the TTC the next few months. Unless I got pregnant already. Ha, I doubt it. So many things going on..

Post # 109
1258 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2022 - Maui

I missed this board when I posted on the hive thread, whoops!

Your age/partner’s age: 26/38

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 14 (Oct 17)

Ovulation Date:  10/19-10/24 

POAS Date: 11/5

Usual Cycle Length: Around 28 days

Cycles Trying: 1st!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): 
Ovia app for now for BD timing, prenatals for 3 months now

Trying anything new this month? Reading all the baby books, ordered the trifecta combo, and test kits 

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: What are your top 3 vacation destinations you hope to visit someday?

Iceland, Italy, Greece

Post # 111
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 31/35

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2

Ovulation Date: Oct 31-ish. 

POAS Date: Nov 14

Usual Cycle Length: normally 28-30, but last month was 36 days

Cycles Trying: 4th

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, temping, opk, pre seed (maybe)

Trying anything new this month? More BD after O

For fun: What are your top 3 vacation destinations you hope to visit someday? Ireland, Italy, Amsterdam 

Post # 112
57 posts
Worker bee

Your age/partner’s age: 24/24

Baby #: 1!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: Currently CD20

Ovulation Date: Hoping tomorrow or next day

POAS Date: Depends.. Probably early November. Or before because I’m SO impatient πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚

Usual Cycle Length: 30/31? First time actually charting and paying attention to cycle length 

Cycles Trying: Very first! πŸ˜€

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing (SMEP), charting EVERYTHING, prenatals, Mucinex & pre seed. I dove right in with it all πŸ˜‚ I’m a nurse & am so interested in the science of it all. Love it. 

Trying anything new this month? Everything! Lol. 

Link to your chart if charting: NA

Would love to travel out west (born/raised on East coast), to any tropical island or Ireland! 

Post # 113
8674 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
mama2beee :  fyi POAS date is traditionally the date AF is due, we all know you’ll try way sooner haha.  

Post # 114
506 posts
Busy bee

I guess I can add something to “trying anything new” since DH and I bought a new mattress to be delivered tomorrow! The sales lady told us it wouldn’t feel exactly like the one on the sales floor right off the truck but “be adults, break it in.” Little did she know my fertile window is rapidly approaching! We have been sleeping on two twin mattresses pushed together for three years now and, while they are tempurpedic, they’re about 9 years old and no longer comfy. And they aren’t level so there’s a rather large bump between our sides of the “bed.”

Post # 115
3053 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
nursebee22 :  “be adults, break it in.” hahahahaha I love it! You guys have fun with your new bed! πŸ˜‰

DH wanted to look at FF last night so he knows when we should abstain so he can “save it up” for my FW πŸ˜‚ He is keen to try preseed this cycle too. I’m on CD10 and probably won’t O until CD20 and I’m getting a little impatient 😬

Post # 118
682 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
mrschubbybear :  You mean Vancouver Island, correct? Sorry, it’s a pet peeve of mine having lived there for most of my life.

<u>MrsNerdy :</u>  Banff is incredibly gorgeous!  We wind up skiing there at least once per winter (we live 5 hours  away.  It’s super touristy and busy though, so we also like going to Jasper, which is just as scenic IMO, but also a lot quieter.

Winter is just around the corner here (I needed gloves, a toque, a jacket and a headlamp for this morning’s run). Blegh.

Post # 119
996 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Your age/partner’s age: 27/28

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD16

Ovulation Date: Should be this weekend sometime

POAS Date: Nov 4 if no AF 

Usual Cycle Length: 30

Cycles Trying: 2 – we got pregnant our first cycle but had a MC at 5 weeks

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD EOO, prenatals

Trying anything new this month? Actually taking a step back. We were charting and using OPKs but the stress was too much.

For fun: What are your top 3 vacation destinations you hope to visit someday? Back to Florence, England, and Portugal

The topic ‘November 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors