November 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 181
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Rookie mistake! I bought a FRER last night while I was at the store because I’m 12 dpo and my boobs are super sore (unusual for me). Of course it was negative this morning. AF should be here on the 9th, but it’s not looking too good for me this month.

Post # 182
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

View original reply
cbn8787 :  12 dpo is still early!

Post # 183
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
tulipdazey :  Nothing here.. I’m 11dpo and my boobs are killing me but BFN last night so I’m sure I’m out. AF will be here on Thursday. I might actually get to POAS again Nov 30, so get to hang out here a bit longer.

I decided to book a private MRI instead of waiting 9 months, so hopefully I’ll have that sometime this week and get some clarity. I also decided this month I will skip tracking completely. The last two months I was a mess in the 2WW so we’ll just BD EOD after AF ends and see what happens. 

Post # 184
694 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I’m currentl guzzling gatorade.  I heard that too.  I didn’t know about the salt though.  I’ll go home and make popcorn after work.  I love salty things so that one shouldn’t be too hard for me.  

Post # 186
2173 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
cbn8787 :  sorry for the BFN. New symptoms always throw me for a loop!

View original reply
Dfitzy :  glad they’re being proactive, hope you’re able to avoid OHSS. If I start IVF next month, that’s the biggest thing I’m afraid of since I won’t do any suppression beforehand and I have polycystic ovaries. OHSS is scary stuff on top of having to wait for a frozen transfer.

View original reply
tulipdazey :  At least you can start stimming as a silver lining! Sorry about AF.

AFM: 1 more day of letrozole and then an ultrasound on Thursday. I’m feeling deeply pessimistic about this cycle this month, but we’ll see.

Post # 188
2173 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I’m sure it will be fine! Don’t freak out too much. πŸ™‚ 

I’m not sure why I feel pessimistic! I think I’m mostly just having a grumpy day. I think as we start seriously talking about IVF, I’m feeling less and less confident that I’ll be able to get pregnant without it. 

Post # 191
348 posts
Helper bee

Thank you! I haven’t tested today because I started spotting and I’m like, period hormonal. Like weeping over how good Leslie Knope is and why can’t there be more politicians like her hormonal. So I figure I’m probably out….will test tomorrow though just to be sure.  

View original reply
tulipdazey :  

Post # 192
694 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
heartandstars :  fingers crossed for you!

Little update, went to RE this morning for monitoring, we’re getting close.  I had 23 follicles, largest was measuring at a 15, my lining is at a 9.  Depending on bloodwork I go in for monitoring tomorrow or Saturday the nurse will call once my blood results are in.  Retrevial will most likely be Monday, Sunday and Tuesday are possiblities too.  But most likely Monday.  

Post # 194
2173 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
heartandstars :  I love that your hormonal weeping is over Leslie Knope. 

View original reply
Dfitzy :  That’s so many follicles! Are most of them near that 15 or are there a lot of littles?

View original reply
tulipdazey :  FX everything looks good tomorrow!

AFM: monitoring appt this morning. I have 2 follicles at 15 and one at 12 for this IUI. I had a bunch of others between 8 and 10 but the tech thought they wouldn’t grow anymore with those other leads. My lining was 4.7 so I’m starting estrogen tonight. I have a monitoring appt again tomorrow to check on the follicles and lining. I’m actually really excited to do an u/s again tomorrow to see day to day progress.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors