November 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 8 months ago in TTC
Post # 212
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

tulipdazey :  Can you mark me down for a rollover?  I’m so upset right now.  I just got the call from the nurse.  My e2 levels are 2996, their threshold for fresh transfer because of ohss risk is 3000.  They want to do a fet now because I’m too close.  I really really wanted to do a fresh.  I’m still having my retrieval on Sunday.  

Post # 214
2129 posts
Buzzing bee

Dfitzy :  Sorry about the fresh transfer, but hopefully you’ll have some beautiful frozen embryos for a seamless FET next month!

tulipdazey :  go go go! And hopefully, without any kids seeing you!

AFM: Decent shot we’re getting cancelled. My lining thickened nicely and my leads grew by 2mm, which is great, but so did most of the others! I have 2 at 17, 1 at 15, 3 at 13 and at least 5 between 10-12. If more than one of those 13s has grown tomorrow, they’ll cancel my IUI. I’m asking them if we could do an egg retrieval if they do all grow, since at least 2 of those 13s were around 10 yesterday, so obviously growing. I’m feeling particularly stressed since my mom is headed in town right now too. This is not what I thought was going to happen yesterday!

Post # 216
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

Egg retrieval went ok. They had Darling Husband do 2 samples because the motility and count was bad on the first one. They got 25 eggs. I get the call tomorrow with how many mature and fertilized. I had a little complication. I had 2 blood gushes before I left. They were going to stitch but they brought me back in and I had a clot which they removed and no blood appeared behind it so they didn’t end up stitching. Darling Husband is super worried and freaked out but it seems to be ok. 

Post # 217
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Kaneohe, Hawaii

BFN for me. πŸ™ was feeling really down so i’m saying F IT. Dh and I are heading to Cuba in a week. We haven’t gone anywhere nice since we started ttc cos of Zika. I’m just fed up and need a break!!!

Post # 218
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I’m out for the month. I’ve had really vivid dreams the past few nights where normally I can’t remember anything I dream about. Of course my dreams were pregnancy related, actually seeing two lines on both an FRER and a Wondfo. Then of course I woke up to not only reality but also AF. 

Post # 219
2129 posts
Buzzing bee

Dfitzy :  25 is crazy good! How’s the bleeding now? That sounds scary!

mrs_mnv :  sorry about the BFN, but have a blast in Cuba! Sometimes you just need to take a step back from TTC and be human again for a bit. I regularly tell dh that we should say F it and get drunk in Mexico. It’s my fallback plan if we fail a few more cycles.

cbn8787 :  oof, pregnancy dreams are the worst. Sorry you’re out this month and your body was being especially cruel.

AFM: IUI back on. The nurse called and said that the doctor wasn’t worried about the 13s at all. She feels confident they won’t be mature eggs, so I triggered yesterday for our IUI tomorrow. I’m just going to trust that she knows what she’s doing and that we’ll get 2-3 good eggs this cycle and not 6. My mom was in town all weekend, so I had to give myself the trigger shot while she was here and BD quietly after she went to bed. Our apartment is little, so I still feel a little weird about it.

Post # 220
3261 posts
Sugar bee

Dfitzy :  25 eggs is great! Hopefully alot of them are mature! Wow sorry about the bleeding scare you had!

mrs_mnv :  If this FET doesn’t get us our BFP I’m pretty close to saying F it all as well and go on a holiday somewhere crazy! India is my dream, I’m not sure D.H is as keen though lol.

cbn8787 :  Sorry you are out this month πŸ™

larissakay :  Ahhh! That is great news that your IUI is back on! Hoping this is your BFP lady πŸ˜€

AFM: 3dp5dt.. trying so hard not to symptom spot… It’s pretty much pointless since the progesterone and estrogen I’m taking is probably causing most of what I’m feeling haha. How the hell do I hold out 10 days before testing!?

Post # 221
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

cbn8787 :  So sorry about the bfn. Pregnancy dreams are the worst. 

larissakay :  Good luck with the IUI tomorrow!!

AFM I think I O’d yesterday. Hoping the femara does good stuff for me. Also anyone ever think of the saying “insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”? cause I’ve definitely been thinking about it more and more lately. 

Post # 222
224 posts
Helper bee

I’m out too, AF showed up early, didn’t even get a chance to test undecided

Post # 224
2129 posts
Buzzing bee

Thanks, ladies. IUI done. We’ll see how it all works out in the next few weeks. I’m trying to decide if I want to bring HPT to my in-laws for Thanksgiving or not. I like the idea of being able to test on Thursday so I can avoid drinking if I’m pregnant, but I’ll only be 10dpiui so fairly early and I’d need to test out my trigger. At the moment, I’m planning to just test on Monday before my blood test if AF hasn’t already come.

tulipdazey :  That’s crazy and sucks. Does that mean they want you to continue with the antagonist and estrogen priming? Also, if you did just ovulate, you should get a period in the next 2 weeks, right?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors