November 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 241
2178 posts
Buzzing bee

Welp my progesterone came in at 2, so something went wrong. I asked for an ultrasound after that result and my body shows signs of ovulation but there’s also a massive unruptured follicle. So, I’m probably starting progesterone suppositories, but the chances that this cycle will work out are pretty dismal.

Post # 243
2414 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
tulipdazey :  need to change my POAS day to November 24th!!

Post # 245
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
tulipdazey :  At least something is happening and you can hopefully move ahead!

AFM – I confirmed O yesterday, so my POAS date will be Nov 30 and looks like I’ll be skipping December altogether with my 35 day cycles!

Post # 246
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Still negative today. With Lucas I got my bfp 10 dpo. I’m so frustrated. I know I ovulated. We bd on -2, -1, 0, and 1. So we had perfect timing this month. I got up early to celebrate so we’d have time to be happy together before he went to work. I wound up crying going back to bed alone. My husband says, don’t get yourself all worked up. It will happen. I just wanted to scream, don’t you understand, I’m supposed to be 25 weeks pregnant! 

Post # 248
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I know he’s just trying to help, but he says the dumbest things sometimes.

Post # 250
775 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
angel_baby_12_9 :  I love my husband to death and he is nothing but supportive, but he has said some really stupid things over the years as it relates to this journey – Usually while I’m just in the middle of a complete meltdown lol I can laugh about them now, but at the time, so no helpful!  

Post # 251
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

View original reply
angel_baby_12_9 :  Sorry about the bfn.  Guys just don’t get it.  

AFM:  I developed a mild/ moderate case of OHSS it was horrible.  I couldn’t sit up for longer than a half hour last week and I suffered through one day of work, 2 hours on another day, and took off the rest of the week.  I’m so happy it is not as bad now, and I can’t wait for AF to get here so it can go away completely.  The dr. told me to sleep elevated so my lungs don’t fill if anything ruptures and I haven’t gotten a good nights sleep since retrieval.  I can’t wait to get back to normal.  

Out of our 10 fertilized only 4 made it to day 5 and froze.  I’m happy with the 4 don’t get me wrong, but I was hoping for more.  I can offically say this will be our only chance.  I will never go thorugh IVF again, with the OHSS and the blood gushes after egg retrieval it was just too much, DH was also terrified for me, and would wake me up multiple times a night for the past week to make sure I was still alive it’s been really rough on him.  There’s no way in hell he would let me do it again.  

Post # 253
775 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Dfitzy :  That’s incredibly scary πŸ™ I’m so sorry that you’re still going through this. I would also be terrified and would be calling this the last attempt at this.  I hope one of the 4 is a success!

View original reply
tulipdazey :  You also seem to be having a heck of a hard time lately. I’m so sorry this isn’t going as smoothly as you’d hoped.  I hope that O comes soon!

As for DH, something tulip said made me think…There’s so much going on in our bodies that we sometimes forget that our partners are going through something too.  It’s emotional for them, plus they’re watching the woman they love go through some pretty sketchy stuff.  Not long after I had gone off BC, my hubby and I were lying in bed one night. Out of nowhere, he says to me “Will you still love me if I can’t get you pregnant?”  That was a few years ago now, but it has stuck with me. I do my absolute best to make sure DH know that I love him most of all and if we never have a baby, he’s absolutely enough for me.  I’m sure it doesn’t always come across that way though…Just yesterday, we went to the Christmas parade in town. I stood there watching all these happy families and said something like “I sure wish it wasn’t just the two of us here. Would be so nice to have a baby with us too.”  It was a flippant comment, but I could tell I hurt his feelings.  Sigh…It’s such a tough road for everyone πŸ™

Post # 255
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
larissakay :  So sorry about this cycle. I hope the next one will go well! 

View original reply
Dfitzy :  Thats so scary. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. 

View original reply
tulipdazey :  Fingers crossed for you!!

I had my initial pelvic ultrasound on Saturday and wow was it ever awkward with a male tech. For some reason he looked at my kidneys too, so adding that to my list of questions. I go tomorrow for the sonohysterogram. I’m frustrated because I’m supposed to ovulate this week, and on my instruction sheet it says no sex for 3 days after the procedure to lower the risk of infection, so we will miss this window.

At least after the procedure I can book the follow up appointment with the OBGYN we are seeing and get all these test results back, and hopefully get some answers. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors