November 2018 POAS โ€“ The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 257
2692 posts
Sugar bee

I’m gonna have to roll over…..way late ovulation (if this temp spike will be correct) and would put me at an early December POAS date. I’ll see what the temps do the next day or two. 

Post # 258
3310 posts
Sugar bee

I haven’t been too active here the past few weeks. I have been trying to ensure IVF/TTC wasn’t all consuming for me. Anyway, we had our beta today and it was negative. I’m not pregnant after our FET and we have no more frozen embryos. Feeling really down about it all. I’m rolling over to December.

Good luck to everyone else who is yet to POAS during the remainder of November!

Post # 259
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I got the faintest positive Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, but it’s not getting any darker. I called the doctor and they asked me to come in to more bloodwork on Tuesday afternoon. I started to spot at work a little while ago though, so I’ve been crying off and on. I don’t understand why I can’t get pregnant and stay pregnant. My husband doesn’t understand at all. He was here and said it was ok, we’d just keep trying. I told him I don’t think he understands how difficult all the extra hormones, doctor visits, and stuff are to deal with. He said I was right, he probably didn’t.

Post # 260
182 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
RaccoonKitty :  I’m sorry your FET didn’t work out! Will you try another retrieval?

Post # 261
182 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Dfitzy :  That sounds terrifying! I’m sorry you have to go through so much for this to work out for you. My fingers are crossed for you.

Post # 262
3310 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
angel_baby_12_9 : I’m sorry, I hope you get good news on Tuesday.  I can commiserate with you when it comes to husbands not understanding, they’re not the ones monitoring cycles and peeing on opks, worrying about line progression or that your body is betraying you month after month. Us ladies are usually also the ones who get all of the “so when are you having babies?” crap from people as well ๐Ÿ™

I think we will do another IVF cycle, it probably won’t be until Feb next year at the earliest though. We’ll hit out TTC 2 year anniversary in March ๐Ÿ˜ข

Post # 263
2692 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
RaccoonKitty : oh hun, I’m so sorry. I wish I could give you a hug in person. Hoping if you decide to do an IVF cycle in February, it ends up as a BFP instead so you have something wonderful to celebrate. 

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I got crosshairs….as long as my temps stay up!! I think I’ll keep a November POAS date since I work that weekend, and do it at 13DPO on November 30th. December won’t have a POAS date With long cycles for me. 

Post # 266
182 posts
Blushing bee

I’m out. I started my period on the way home from the doctor’s office. I talked to a nurse when I got home and realized. I’m waiting for a call from them tomorrow as to what the next step is. They like Clomid, so they want to switch me from Femara. I expressed all the reasons I don’t want to do that and she said she’d talk to the nurse practitioner and call me back.

Post # 268
182 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
tulipdazey : Thanks. I won’t know until I get my results tomorrow, but I assume chemical. That’s what I was afraid of over the weekend with the tests being so light. The resulting crying was not pretty. My poor husband didn’t know what to do .

Post # 269
2178 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
angel_baby_12_9 :  Let us know when you get your results. Sorry that AF showed.

AFM: I’m still probably testing on Monday, but the outcome isn’t good. I redid a progesterone test on Monday and it came back at 5. I think I probably ovulated on Thursday or early Friday, but I won’t know for sure and that means the IUI was worthless and our only hope is some BD the day after.

But, it means we can actually start planning for IVF in December. We’re not 100% on it yet, but I did get all the pricing details and consents and am just waiting on the nurse to call with my specific med schedule and timing details, since I’m doing a natural start. There’s a part of me that’s getting cold feet and wants to throttle back for a few months, but I think I’m just scared of the process.

Post # 270
182 posts
Blushing bee

The nurse called. My hcg was less than 1, so no chemical at least. No idea what happened with the tests. They upped my femara to 5 milligrams and added estradiol and progesterone. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors