November 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 1 week ago in TTC
Post # 17
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

tulipdazey :  Hahaha. I realized I forgot to mention I’m trying acupuncture this month. I’ve heard good things so maybe it will help in my quest to be casual πŸ˜†

I just noticed I think I should be nov 7 not 28 πŸ™‚ thanks for doing this!

Post # 19
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

tulipdazey :  I’ll let you know! The clinic I’m going to specializes in fertility and has great reviews. I’m fortunate that my insurance currently covers it otherwise I definitely wouldn’t be going. It’s pretty expensive!

Post # 20
1935 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

tulipdazey :  That’s my concern too! I’d love to do acupuncture and there’s a fertility acupuncture clinic 2 blocks from my house, but at $90 a visit, I can’t justify it. I think if my insurance didn’t cover ART, I probably would have paid for that before starting treatment, but when an IUI will cost me less than a month of acupuncture, it’s hard to justify the cost.

sophie89 :  That’s great that your insurance covers it!

Post # 21
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

sophie89 :   larissakay :   tulipdazey :  So I have done accupuncture for fertility.  I tried it with my last 2 IUI cycles that I did.  Obv. neither worked as we are now doing IVF.  I wouldn’t say the accupuncture affected the results though as the one cycle we did with accupuncture we had sperm agglutination for the first time so we our bad sperm count to begin with turned even worse.  The other IUI cycle I did it with got cancelled as the RE missed O.  Don’t worry I dropped that RE like a bad habit and I’m at a new place now.

That being said even though it didn’t help me get pregnant, I strongly recommend it.  It’s so relaxing.  I thought I would be scared of it because I am scared of needles, but its so nice to go sit and turn your mind off for an hour.  I’m still trying to decide if I want to do it with the IVF cycle.  I probably will.  Regarding cost, I recommend you look into a lot of different places.  The place I go to they do fertility accupuncture, but they also do all sorts of accupuncture there too.  They also do a shared space accupuncture (there are many people getting accupuncture in the same room) where they just put it in your hands/ arms legs or wherever but you don’t disrobe, you just roll up your sleeves and pant legs to your knees.  It’s only $35.00 a session, so if you ladies are really interested but don’t have insurance try looking for a shared space.  

Post # 24
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 30/33

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd5

Ovulation Date: oct 23 – 25ish

POAS/Beta Date: Nov 8

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30

Cycles Trying: 17

Known fertility issues: DH’s first SA showed high viscosity, otherwise, unexplained for now

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): charting, opks, letrozole cd 3-7, TI

Trying anything new this month?: castor oil packs, meditation and might try progesterone cream – this I’m still researching; also massage, chiro and acupuncture! Had a massage today and apparently my lymphatic system is crap. Accupuncturist also told me something similar, which is why I’m trying out castor oil packs

Link to your chart if charting: http://fertilityfriend.com/home/6b193e/

For fun: What are you thankful for? Thankful for everything and everyone in my life!

Post # 25
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 31/30

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD12

Ovulation Date: unsure, maybe 2 days ago?

POAS/Beta Date: not sure

Usual Cycle Length: 21-28 days

Cycles Trying: 23

Known fertility issues: none

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): bd timing, pre natals, conceive plus, no alcohol, laparoscopy in 3 months. Sometimes chart and opk.

Trying anything new this month?: no

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: What are you thankful for? My husband <3 and the nhs

Unexplained infertility- had sperm test (fine), cd21 test (fine), TV ultrasound (fine) and hycosy (fine). Getting lap in next 3 months then it’s an ivf referral. 

Post # 27
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

tulipdazey :  I just found out about this after googling “poor lymphatic system.” I had a massage over the weekend and the masseuse told me that I have poor circulation, which is something that my acupuncturist told me as well! I retain water and my organs aren’t functioning properly as per Chinese medicine. So, the castor oil pack is pretty much a detox method, apparently around for hundreds of years. You soak a flannel sheet with castor oil and put it over your abdomen for about an hour with a hot water pack on top. You do it once a day and stop once O is confirmed! I will try anything at this point! 😞😞😞😞😞

Post # 29
1194 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

mrs_mnv :  Hmmm. That’s super interesting. I know I have poor circulation. I wonder if my husband will think I’ve lost my mind if I do this. πŸ€”

AFM: CD 13 a negative opk. Last month I O’d on cd 13 and got a positive opk at CD 11. I wish my cycles could just be predictable. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors