November 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 31
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Ugh AF kept me up all night. I forgot how bad my periods are off the pill- spent the whole last year pregnant or miscarrying so I never got their full effect. When the cramps finally stopped I spent the rest of the night worrying I have endometriosis 😭

Post # 33
1394 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I use the clear blue digitals. But just the normal ones. Not the advanced blinky smile ones, I’ve heard bad things of those ones. I never really got clear positives on cheapies either though which is why I switched. 

Post # 35
372 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
tulipdazey :  
View original reply
Dr_dazzle :  I will try anything at this point. I knew my body was out of whack when my periods changed (7 days to only 2 to 3), I started getting cystic acne on my chin as an adult and I gained like 20 pounds πŸ™ I’m always thirsty, always bloated and no energy. My feet are also always cold, which is another sign of poor circulation. Oh and my pulse is weak apparently.  

Post # 37
1394 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
mrs_mnv :  My feet are also always cold. (And lol my phone just changed feet to FRER.) 

Post # 39
1394 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I really do have to reread texts before I send them nowadays cause my phone knows ttc, FRER, IVF, IUI, dpiui, and tww. 

Post # 40
3299 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Dr_dazzle :  HAHA me too. I have noticed my phone keeps trying to correct “I’ve” to “IVF” all the time lol!

I spoke to my nurse yesterday and it is looking like my FET will be mid November, I’m so excited! I’m also kind of sad because I looked at my stash of HPTs today and realised that most of them expire in December, like ugh, we’ve been trying THAT LONG now!?

Post # 43
372 posts
Helper bee

I have another acupuncture appt tomorrow! I am really hoping this is my month since its my last cycle using letrozole. Met with my RE and she told me to just explore IVF, all while smiling at me. I wanted to cry and roll my eyes ar the same time. We have a date for the private fertility clinic, in January!! Ugh. I did a parenting assessment last week, the mom is 29, I’m literally 5 months older than her and she is pregnant with her 7th child, 5 of them in foster care. Just sharing cos I’m feeling pretty down πŸ™

Post # 44
3299 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
mrs_mnv :  I’m sorry, it is really tough knowing there are people with a boatload of kids who are unfit parents when you’re struggling to conceive :'(  It’s so unfair and cruel. 

AFM: Had my egg retrieval today, they got 17. They’re doing ICSI so I hope most of them fertilise 🀞

Post # 45
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

View original reply
mrs_mnv :  It’s so tough seeing other people with children who can’t take care of them while you yourself are struggling with fertility.  My BFF and her wife are fostering infant twins and everytime I hear about the bio mom I just get so so mad.  

View original reply
RaccoonKitty :  Yay! 17 egg is so many!  Let me know how many fertlize.  We’ll be doing ICSI too so I’m curious about fertlization rates on this.

As for me, still on BCP here, I go Thursday for my baseline appt. and if all looks good they will have me get of BCP and start stimming.  They said probably the week of 11/6 for retrevial.  You ladies inspired me to do accupuncture again.  11/1 was the first available appointment unforntunatly, I did want to do it before then.  I may shoot them an email because they said to do that in the past if they were booked and I had an upcoming fertility treatment I wanted to get in for.  

On a seperate note, I drink a lot of caffine, 1 cup of coffee in the morning, 1 cup on my way to work, and a cup of black tea at night.  Starting Monday I’m going to cut it down to only the 1 cup of coffee in the morning and replace the other cup, and the black tea with an herbal tea.  I hate chamomile, and green teas.  Anyone have any good herbal teas they like?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors