November 2018 POAS – The Infertility Edition (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 46
372 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
RaccoonKitty :  
View original reply
Dfitzy :  ughhh, cruel indeed! Ah thanks for letting me vent ladies. Good luck to you both, I’m still in my early stages of researching IVF, so not too familiar with any of the procedures. 

Plus side, I ordered bone broth. There’s a local company here that sells them and im doing a 5 day cleanse! Got the idea from googling how to better my blood circulation aka my “qi.” A lot of the reviews say they stopped drinking caffeine and it got rid of that brain fog! I’ve been feeling off the past couple of weeks, like really bad tension headaches, bloated, I gained 10 pounds! In 2 weeeks. From 165 to 175? My pre-stress/ttc weight was 150, so trying to get back to that weight again  

Post # 48
355 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL 

Your age/partner’s age: 35/33

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 2

Ovulation Date: Oct 28

POAS/Beta Date: Nov 7

Usual Cycle Length: 21 -25 days

Cycles Trying: 11+ months

Known fertility issues: None as of yet

BFP Plan (BD Timing, supplements, charting, prenatals, etc.): prenatals, BD every other day…thats about it. 

Trying anything new this month?: I might try doing OPKs…I was doing them and then I felt hopeless and stopped, but maybe I’ll try again this month. 

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: What are you thankful for? My husband and our life together. Online shopping. 

Post # 50
1350 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Feeling super down today, I was on my 2nd dose of provera trying to get my cycle back. I had some good cramping and spotting and thought this might happen but alsa the cramping and spotting is gone. 

I’ll be upping my metformin dose, but looks like another month where I won’t be able to POAS due to not having any sort of cycle. 

Wishing all of you luck! 

Post # 52
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

deleted, the pasting made the format come out all screwy

Post # 53
3299 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
asobos :  I’m sorry you’re having a tough time of it 🙁 I have my fingers crossed that AF makes her appearance soon!

AFM: I don’t think I’m going to be POAS in November either, more like early December. Looks like we’ll be finding out whether our FET was successful right around our 2nd wedding anniversary, so here’s hoping for a positive result!

Post # 55
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

tulipdazey :  I struggle with the exact same issue, except DH’s counts are normal. But the pressure to perform is a serious struggle. Even if I don’t tell him, I think he generally knows and I struggle to not be disappointed if there is no completion. 

Post # 57
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I so get that! How nice it would be to be able to BD during FW without any issues!!

Post # 58
1394 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I try to not tell D.H when I’m about to O anymore. Whenever I do tell him he seems to have more issues with BDing. Sometimes it really just feels like he has no desire to BD until AFTER I o. 🤦‍♀️ So I just tell him after the fact now. Even though the last two months O snuck up on me. Lol 

Post # 59
656 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I never told DH when I O before last month, but he got the message anyway. I ususally don’t want to do it 4 days straight, but I got new underwear and some booze for him to make it more pleasant and to appreciate him. Good luck for for this cycle!

Post # 60
2177 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
tulipdazey :  I wouldn’t feel like there’s any ethical gray there. You know he wants to have a baby, so it’s not like you’re going off BC secretly. Personally, I think you’re fine keeping him in the dark. If he catches on you can say that you’re ovulating and the doctors told you it was fine to TTC while you wait to start your IVF cycle, but given that you’re prepping for IVF, you didn’t want to stress him out about TTC.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors