November 2019 POAS

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 61
228 posts
Helper bee

sunsetsnmargaritas :  I’m glad you’re feeling less stressed this cycle!  I’m on CD8 and just keeping busy with regular life stuff, plus doing some random fertility yoga videos every other day.  I’ll be starting OPKs soon too; even though I almost always O on CD16, I had one cycle where I O’d on CD12, and I get irrationally excited to try to catch another fluke early O.  FX for keeping our chill this month!!

rosabelle :  I can definitely understand the mixed feelings about wanting an assessment, but not being ready yet for intervention. Looking forward to having you back after your cycle “off”!

Post # 62
432 posts
Helper bee

Ahhh HSG just got scheduled for tomorrow!!

Post # 63
6622 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

MrsHawkeye : Yayyyy!!!  I hope it helps!!

Post # 64
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

my emotions about TTC go up and down, but today i’m feeling more excited. we BD’d a couple of days ago, and probably will tonight. my OPK’s are still negative but i’m starting to feel more into it so we’ll probably BD every few days until i start getting positives. πŸ™‚

Post # 65
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

CD7 over here and I had my doctor’s appointment to discuss my low progesterone from last cycle and I’m feeling pretty good about it.  Plan is to wait for ovulation and do blood work the day I get my peak OPK to check LH, FSH, thyroid levels and to monitor my progesterone through my LP.  Provided everything comes back normal next step is to schedule a HSG to check for blockages or fibroids.  Feeling pretty hopeful 

Post # 66
322 posts
Helper bee

stellate23 :  Aw, thanks! It feels weird not to be TTC after 11 months of it. I’m starting to get antsy to get back at it. Do you have a favourite fertility yoga video? I’m always looking for yoga videos to try πŸ™‚

Post # 67
95 posts
Worker bee

Just checking in after a hectic week. Will catch up on everyone when I get to work and have time to read.

officially started temping today and am glad I started fairly early…had to do it twice because I accidentally shut it off in the dark. But I’m glad I discovered that my “temp recall” thermometer doesn’t actually recall temp….bah

had to take a break from here for a week or so. It’s been a really hard week:

good news: Insurance is covering our totaled truck, enough to pay the loan and get some money back. 

bad news:

1) my mom is hiding some mystery illness

2) my addict brother is officially methed out of his mind and posing a danger to my mom, sister in law and myself (anyone who opposes him really)…long story but he’s always been “in trouble”…

3) got hit with some large unforeseen bills 

4) my recent pap came back abnormal, after 5 years of normal results post-leep in 2014. Literally to the day. I cried all night. I know these days it’s so not a big deal, but when I had it 5 years ago, my doctors told me NOTHING about what that meant, then after several clean/normal years of paps they told me I was cured and fine and never needed to mention it or worry about it as it couldn’t be passed on…So now I have to start this process all over and tell hubs when he gets back from out of town. I’m sure he will be fine with it but what if he isn’t? What if he doesn’t understand? For all I know this new one was from him or an old one acting up. 

Im praying it was maybe a false positive and the colposcopy comes back fine (still to be scheduled), but I’ve also read that a lot of doctors unnecessarily perform leeps and hack away at our cervices. I felt like my last doctor did, without explaining much, just for me to find out on my own later it was likely unnecessary because it often clears on its own and if that’s what they recommend I’m not sure I want to…

i didn’t cry because it was back, I cried because I’m overwhelmed. In my early 20s I had amenorrhea from underrating and over-exercising. I also later found out I had chlamydia that was untreated for some time. Then enter the hpv later and now it being back? What if I CANT even get pregnant. I’m 30 and I feel like I’m running out of time. 

im sure I’m overthinking it but I can’t help but feel so so sad 😞 

Post # 68
6622 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

newchapters2018 :  I’m so sorry, darling…. I also went through the abnormal pap thing and always wondered if my past diagnosises of chlamydia (one with symptoms and one symptomless still never figured out how I still had it 3 months after I completed the antibiotic treatment) ever affected anything.  HPV shouldn’t affect anything, I promise.  I’ve had OBGYNs tell me that sometimes a pregnancy/childbirth helps clear your cervix of the abnormal cells… Like a restart.  

This is all a lot for you to take on.  Try to breathe and find things to treat yourself/help you relax.  None of this is fair.  And your husband will understand.  It’s really no big deal and so stupidly common, and if he’s worried, he can go talk to his PCP.

Post # 69
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969 - Montsalvat, Victoria

Hi everyone, how’s everyone feeling? I’m now 6 DPO and am noticing some weird dull cramps and have been getting headaches on and off the last few days. I’ve even been sleeping more on The train to work which I don’t normally do πŸ˜‚ Darling Husband and I have been BD every other day and did every day 4 days leading up to ovulation. My question is is it too early for these kind of symptoms? should I take a POAS already? 

Post # 70
228 posts
Helper bee

rosabelle :  I’ve been enjoying many of the videos by YogaYin. They’re all very relaxing, if nothing else! Last night I did “Yoga for Fertility and Anxiety”, which combined some breathing exercises with pelvic-opening poses. Let me know if you find any ones you like!

MrsHawkeye :  I hope your HSG went well!

newchapters2018 :  I’m sorry it’s been such a rough week; you’re really going through a lot right now!  I hope things start to look up for you soon. <3

futuremrsv0819 :  6DPO is basically the earliest that implantation could occur (but more commonly 8-10 DPO), and only then would HCG begin to rise. Depending on your baseline HCG level, it could take at least 2-3 days after implantation for HCG to be detectable on a home pregnancy test. So, I’d wait a few days to start POAS. I hope you get your BFP soon!!

Post # 71
322 posts
Helper bee

stellate23 :  Thanks, I’ll try some of those videos. I’ve started acupuncture for fertility – mind as well add in yoga as well! πŸ™‚

newchapters2018 :  I’m sorry to hear you’re going through so much right now! I hope your mom is okay and that your brother gets the support he needs to be safe; has anything helped in the past with his addiction? That’s so rough and your feelings are completely valid! In terms of pregnancy, you still have time! How long have you been trying again?

Post # 72
174 posts
Blushing bee

Hey ladies, I’m newwwww to the POAS threads!  Woo!

Your age/partner’s age: 35/33

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 5DPO

Ovulation Date: 10/12

POAS Date: Not sure how long I can wait – maybe 10/22?  Don’t wanna test too early!

Usual Cycle Length: Unsure as this is my first cycle of BC pills

Cycles Trying: First!!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Timing of BD around ovulation, charting to include BBT, prenatals, and 5x week exercise/healthy diet.

Trying anything new this month? First month!

Link to your chart if charting: Using FF app

For fun: We just got married on 10/5 and I’m so excited about this new part of our life together I could burst πŸ™‚

What is the strangest TTC advice you’ve heard or tried? I’m sure I’ll get lots of “interesting” TTC advice from my overly involved mother-in-law *eyeroll*

Post # 73
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2019

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/35

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 12

Ovulation Date: Oct 20

POAS Date: November 1

Usual Cycle Length: 27 days

Cycles Trying: This will be our first cycle trying

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Flo, prenatal, OPK

Trying anything new this month? 1st month trying, we will see how it goes!

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: What’s your favorite fall food(s)? Apple crumble and i love making new soup recipes for the colder weather!

Post # 74
174 posts
Blushing bee

adelinerae :  Hello fellow first cycle TTCer!! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 75
432 posts
Helper bee

stellate23 :  it went very well – I barely even felt it. They saw nothing concerning and both tubes are completely open. Good news, but frustrating news since I was hoping this would give us a reason why we haven’t gotten pregnant yet. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors