November 2019 POAS

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 76
208 posts
Helper bee

MrsHawkeye :  Ah, I’m glad it wasn’t painful, but how frustrating to not have an answer. I hope it happens for you soon!

krm1984 :   adelinerae :  Welcome! I hope it’s a short and easy TTC journey for you!

Post # 77
161 posts
Blushing bee

stellate23 :  Thank you!  Already wondering how you ladies get through this process without obsessing; it’s only my first cycle and my nerves are already a wreck!!

Post # 78
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

krm1984 :  lol… who says we’re not obsessing? I can only speak for myself but I’m totally obsessed. It’s nice to have group of people to obsess together with.

Post # 80
2517 posts
Sugar bee

Question for everyone: Do you reliably get EWCM before you O? I have been noting very stretchy CM early in my cycle (CD 9-10), followed by more watery CM, but according to my temps I don’t normally O until CD16-17. I’m confused whether I’m Oing earlier than my temps would indicate (possibly a slow progesterone rise)? Haven’t been using OPKs, but will def get on that next month assuming no BFP. 

Post # 81
2976 posts
Sugar bee

I updated on Oct POAS board but looking at my chart again I don’t think I’ll even have a hope of POAS in October… I’m staring at another long cycle I think. 

My temps seem to have settled down, which is cool. CM is still not progressing past “creamy” (could they come up with more gross words?), so that’s …. cool I guess. CD14, so I think it’s safe to say this will be another longer cycle. Trying really hard to only let my son nurse three times a day, when we wake up in the morning, before nap (though he hasn’t the last two days before nap) and before bed. So far it’s working. Hoping it’s enough to knock down my prolactin levels. 

I have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday, so I’m going to ask for bloodwork and see if I can get a better idea of what’s happening. Given I’ve had my period now for 7 months I *should* be ovulating regularly, but that’s not happening. Soooooo! OPKs will be here this afternoon so I’ll start with them tonight and see what they say (not even close to ovulating I’m sure).

Post # 82
1612 posts
Bumble bee

MsPlucky :  I bought a few buckets of paint in a colour called “Creamy” and I really, really don’t want to put CM all over my walls so I’m literally having the paint store change it to a different colour.

browneyedgirl24 :  I used to! But for some reason since we started TTC I don’t get noticeable EWCM anymore. Mine just kinda goes from creamy straight to watery/lubey feeling. I’ve stopped relying on CM since for some people, you end up having a lot hanging out inside your cervix and not much comes out so it’s hard to monitor. Plus when it gets all mixed up with semen I end up not having any idea what I’m looking at anymore πŸ˜›

krm1984 :  We just accept the obsession and treat is as normal πŸ˜€ 

Post # 83
431 posts
Helper bee

browneyedgirl24 :  Mine isn’t reliable.  Some months I don’t get any fertile CM…some months, like today, I get EWCM on CD 11 (I usually O CD16)..so not sure what that means.

Post # 84
2517 posts
Sugar bee

hopfenn :   MrsHawkeye :  Thank you, this makes me feel more normal! I’ve been so confused trying to track CM and temps and not seeing them line up the way the books tell you they should. 

Post # 85
161 posts
Blushing bee

hopfenn :  OMG this made me laugh so hard!!  Hahahah!

I’m glad that I’m not the only one obsessing.  I just got a 50pk of Pregmate tests from Amazon being delivered today and I’m really trying to resist the urge to test tomorrow at only 7DPO yell

Post # 87
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30 + 31

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD17, O-1

Ovulation Date: 19 October

POAS Date: 1 November

Usual Cycle Length: 30-32 

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Lots of sex, OPKs, prenatal, fish oil and CoQ10 

Trying anything new this month? OPKs

Link to your chart if charting: I’ll add a picture below from my opk app. 

For fun: What’s your favorite fall food(s)? I’m Scottish, living in Denmark so fall food isnt really a thing for me. I just start to gravitate towards “hygge” food as it gets cold. So lots of stews, baked bread, cinnamon rolls, cocoa and tea 😊❀

Post # 88
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

So, I ended up getting my period this last round a lot earlier than expected. It looks like I will ovulate on the 26th, and then start testing around 10DPO, which puts me at November 5 for POAS.

also, I just did something really stupid today that will most likely jinx me… I bought summer maternity clothes. They were on clearance and I just couldn’t help myself. If I end up getting pregnant in the next 3 months I’ll still be able to use them 🀞🀞🀞

Post # 89
1612 posts
Bumble bee

browneyedgirl24 :  Every woman is different and almost no one is going to follow the cookie cutter pattern in the books! Mine goes sticky > sticky > more sticky > is that a hint of creamy? NO JK IT’S WATERY > creamy > sticky forever. Eventually you’ll figure out your own pattern and what creamy/sticky means to you! I spent forever trying to match my sticky to the pictures from FF but eventually I gave my CM it’s own labels and just rolled with it πŸ˜€

Post # 90
2517 posts
Sugar bee

hopfenn :  I really appreciate that reminder/reassurance that everyone is different, because it’s easy to get discouraged if things don’t line up exactly the way the books say and thinking “maybe this means I have a problem and will have a hard time conceiving.” I’m only on my third cycle trying and my cycles are regular so I KNOW that’s ridiculous so early in the process, but after reading so many posts about infertility it’s easy to jump to the conclusion there’s a problem.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors