(Closed) November 7, 2015 Brides!!! Where are you at??

posted 5 years ago in November 2015
Post # 2
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: The shul where I grew up

Hi! We’re getting married on the 11/7 too. I can’t believe the 6th month mark is coming up so quickly. We have our location, rabbi, band, photog, caterer (and menu) and almost the hotel for out of town guests. My dress was ordered in January but isn’t in yet and most of my BMs have their dresses ordered too. 

We still have no florist and no chuppah (wedding canopy) which is distressing. And i just found out on Friday that my dress was ordered in a size down from my measurements so I need to get focused on my wedding weightloss regime. 

My parents are taking care of most of the planning details so I feel rather out of the loop on a lot of things. It’s actually maddening although a lot of people telling me I should be enjoying the fact that they’re doing so much. Really, I’m so Type A, that it’s just making me a really stressed out bride!!

Post # 3
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Nov. 7 here as well! So far I have location, photographer, caterer, day of coordinator, pastor, illuminations and rental company, transportation, wedding blocks, wedding night hotel, invitations and calligrapher, band, ceremony musicians (trio), dress (should arrive mid-July), Ive sent bridesmaid dress options to my girls and ask they order by June 1. We just started looking into flight options for honeymoon. I still need to pull the trigger on a florist, cake baker, hair and makeup artist. We also just had our engagement session a couple weekends ago so we are getting ready to send out save the dates. I cant believe we are almost at 6 months. It has flown by!!!

Post # 4
760 posts
Busy bee

I’m here!! I am so excited and I feel like the months are flying by!

We have venue, officiant, photographer, DJ, transportation, 3/4 Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, flowers picked out from Etsy, Makeup Artist chosen, cupcakes, Save the Dates going out next week, MY DRESS, Music choices made for dances/ ceremony. Other minor things like jewelry for the girls and a tenative timeline made up.

Still need to do:

Groom, Groomsmen, and FOB and FOG tuxedos

One of my BMs needs to get fitted and order her dress

StepMOB and MOG need their dresses

Hair trial when my veil comes in in June

Buying his wedding band

Register

Honeymoon details

Post # 5
183 posts
Blushing bee

Only things left to do:

– Plan rehearsal dinner

– Figure out hotel and logistics for the day

– Order veil

– Get dress alterations

– Order and send invitations

– Hair trial in July and then order my headpiece

– buy wedding bands

– book honeymoon

Everything else is set! My dress came in a week ago and I love it! All vendors were booked a long time ago and everything is set. Not stressed yet! haha

Post # 7
407 posts
Helper bee

elliecee:  Things finished:

• Registered.

• Venue and church booked.

• Dress found and ordered!

• Wedding night hotel booked.

• (Mini)honeymoon booked. We’ll be going to Europe next summer for our real one. We’re just taking a short roadtrip after the wedding for some breathing time.

• Rehearsal dinner planned.

• Photographer booked.

• MOB/G dresses purchased!

• Found caterer / bar tender.

• Cake arranged.

Thing Left:

• DIY and send invitions!

• Finalize catering / alcohol choices.

• Arrange parking. The wedding is downtown. Meh.

• Finalize hotel blocks for guests.

• Get bridesmaids dresses, get groomsmen outfits.

• Get Fiance a suit.

• Get wedding bands.

• Find a florist. 

• Confirm officiant.

• Get hair trial, book stylist.

So much done, so much to do. Arrggg.

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee

I sooooo wanted 11/07 as my wedding date just to say eleven oh seven ! Lol but we are doing 11/08 because apparently it saves us 2,000 to switch it to a Sunday . All of you have way more stuff done than I do . 

Post # 9
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2015 - Glen Echo Park

I’m with you Laneija! We have our venue booked. Save the dates ordered… That’s about it. We got engaged last month though, so for us, there is no 6 month mark. Working on catering now, and the rest in due time.  

Post # 10
1480 posts
Bumble bee

elliecee:  We are 11/7/15 woo woo!! We’ve been engaged since January 2014 soo I thought we had most of the stuff done…I was wrong. The little stuff takes so much more time!

We have booked:

– The venue (ceremony and reception are at the same place)

– The photographer and videographer

– The officiant

– Our honeymoon!! Woot woot 2 weeks on safari in Kenya

– Hair and make up stylist for myself, MOB, and MOG

– DJ, Caterer, Florist are all included with the venue though we still have to meet and confirm what we want with the Caterer and Florist lol.

– Sent out the Save-The-Date Cards

– FI’s outfit, BMs dresses, what color the GMs need to wear

– I have my veil, shoes, and earrings. A little ahead of myself but I couldn’t resist and they’ll go great with whatever dress I choose since they’re my style and I have a certain dress in mind. Finger’s crossed I can figure out what to do with big boobies in a backless dress

Have to do:

– My dress! I’m super lagging on this one but to be fair I ordered two dresses that didn’t work out soo I’m back to square one lol

– Finish buying GMs ties and gifts, and BMs gifts, and get Fiance cufflinks and tie

– Pick out Flower Girl and Round Brilliant outfits and gifts. Still have no idea what to do with them yet lol

– Have our rings picked out but haven’t paid for them yet. Mine will go into production within the next week though yay!

– Deciding on what kind of decor and then DIYing signage, designing the space, etc (mostly flowers so that goes hand in hand with meeting with the florist). This will take the most time HANDS DOWN

– Printing and assembling our invites. We already have all the paper for it and the general design idea

– Premarital counseling (also included with the venue price)

– Plan rehearsal dinner

– Help my mom plan the bridal shower that she’s throwing for me in September

There’s probably some stuff I missed but I feel like I got most of it. I swear the last year and a half I thought I was good to go, but this is going to be a BUSY summer. 

Post # 11
95 posts
Worker bee

i have: 

venue booked. 

menu planned.

dj booked.

officiant.

photographer.

my dress and veil and my bridesmaids dresses ordered.

honeymoon booked.

flower girl dress ordered.

i need to:

get tuxes figured out. 

order wedding bands.

my hair/makeup.

diy flowers.

diy centerpieces. 

book hotel room for day of.

get cake/ italian cookies ordered.  

Post # 12
760 posts
Busy bee

So close and yet so far away! About 5 months out you guys! 🙂 🙂 Who’s excited for their Bridal Shower and Bachelorette?!

Post # 13
375 posts
Helper bee

I just got engaged and me and my fiance have chosen Nov 7th as our tentative date. We are wanting a short engagement. 

I am VERY behind everyone else but have:

•a tentative venue (our church, which is a bit too small….)

•a reception venue I love! I got penciled in on the calendar today and we have a few weeks to sign the contract

•researched and emailed a videographer/photographer and calling tomorrow

•researched a few caterers and plan to call tomorrow. 

Post # 14
306 posts
Helper bee

doggymom:  we also just got engaged in May and are looking at 11/6 or 11/7 depending on the venue we go with.  We are visiting both again today and will decide.  

-have photographer…lucky to have local college friend who is professional!

-both venues do catering in house

-dress is ordered…will arrive in July!

-invites are picked out, will order once venue is selected

-shoes ordered, hairpiece purchased, jewelry made (I’m an artist who dabbles in everything)

-no bridal party to worry about!!!

-FI has a friend who is a minister so that is set as well

-dj selected, just waiting on official date and venue

i guess we are further along than I thought!

Post # 15
375 posts
Helper bee

I have now booked the reception venue, found a photographer….I still need a videographer. I have a caterer but need to sign the contract.

We are taking our engagements next Tuesday and then I’ll get our save the dates out. A little late but we’ve only been engaged for about three weeks. 

The topic ‘November 7, 2015 Brides!!! Where are you at??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors