(Closed) Now down to 13 days and still 169 haven't RSVP'd!!

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 17
1086 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

OMG, that is craziness. I hope everything works out!

Post # 18
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

Holy crap, I’d be pissed off too!

Post # 19
2224 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I am going to second the suggestions of PP’s who said to get someone to guard the door with a list of RSVP-positive folks! That’s insane! I can understand preparing for 5 people showing up without RSVP-ing but 169?! 

Post # 20
2776 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I so feel you.  I have a feeling something similar will happen to me.  We are going to do what we can to be prepared because I’m not sure we will get formal RSVPs back.  

We are doing it buffet style ourselves for that reason too.  I hope you are able to resolve your issue.  I understand how frustating this situation can be!

Post # 22
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

That’s terrible!

Had to mention this: 13^2 = 169.  😀

Post # 24
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@mrsjjohnson2b:  Wow, those guests are horrible!!  It’s like you got a case of every guest with the worst etiquette possible!  I really feel bad for you  =o(

Post # 25
926 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

That’s awful!! Sorry this is happening to you. I’d split up the remaining 151 between your bridal party/parents/friends and have everyone pitch in to track down responses. The last thing you need is more stress!

Post # 26
9129 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

The message I would leave for them would be such:  “This is Stefanie and Daniel.  We were hoping to share our special day with you but we haven’t received an RSVP letting us know you’re attending.  If we don’t hear from you by DATE we will assume you are NOT attending the wedding so we will NOT be reserving you a seat.”  I would also spread this information by word of mouth.  Then I would post up a guy by the door to check invites and RSVPs.

Post # 29
1626 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Yep sometimes you have to let them know, either RSVP now or you won’t be reserved a meal or seat.  (In the nicest way possible)

The topic ‘Now down to 13 days and still 169 haven't RSVP'd!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors