Post # 1
I was just finished up putting all my bridal shower and jack and Jill party photos in a scrap book. And it got me to thinking what I have left to do related to the wedding. We got married 3/23/13, a month ago.
1. Hung our “guestbook” up. It was a baseball bat and we hung one of our engagement photos above it. Which was us holding baseballs with our wedding date on them.
2. Hung up a sign we had sitting over the ice cream bar. It says “You’ll be my favorite flavor forever”. Its hanging in our kitchen now 🙂
3. Changed my last name
4. Packed up all the wedding related stuff, vases and such.
Left to do
1. Thank you cards
2. Take totes of wedding stuff to my dads. He is putting that stuff in his attic for me since I don’t have enough room in my apartment.
3. Change my name on my license.
4. Pick up my professional wedding pictures. (They should be ready on Tuesday Yayyy) and I plan to put them all in an album and put some in a collage.
5. Make our Pinterest inspired wreath using the fake gerber daiseys from the wedding (His idea about the wreath, and then I found a great DIY one on Pinterest :))
6. Hole punch all our cards and wrap ribbon around them, that way we can keep them all together.
7. Put our invite, program, and vows in a frame
This is all I can think of right now. Hopefully this is it, its quite a list. lol I’m thinking about one more month of wedding life. What do you other bees think? Do you have stuff you are trying to finish up so you can start looking forward to whats next lol. Feel free to add your lists too. 🙂
Post # 3
@Curly W: You are so organized! 🙂 That’s wonderful. Do you have credit cards or other things that you need to change your name on? I was SO lazy with the name change thing that to this day (I’ll be married 2 years come sept) I’m still half maiden half married! LOL
Post # 4
@Curly W: Date twin! I love lists, here’s mine:
-Finish changing my name (need to get a new license, then update my name with all my banks, etc.)
-Open a joint account and deposit all of our wedding gifts
-Finish thank you notes (will be done today only a few left – 1 month was my goal!)
-Finish picking out the 300 prints we get
-Choose pictures for our album
-Clean out our spare bedrooms
-Go pick up all our gifts from my parents’ house
-Paint downstairs bathroom
I think that’s the majority of it for now. I’ve definitely been keeping busy post-wedding and have had even less free time than I did when we were planning!
Post # 5
@pengoala: Yes, I still have to make some phone calls and change my name at work. I can’t change my name at work until I change it with DMV though. I’ll be doing that Saturday 🙂
@MrsWBS: Still didn’t get much done on my list this week. I said I was going to at least start my thank you notes, but still haven’t. Oh, well still a few days left of this week. I’m hoping t check some stuff off this weekend.
Post # 6
Ha, I haven’t even READ my guestbook and it’s been 9 months (don’t judg me, lol but I tried to read it once and I got really upset because my dad just wrote “I don’t know what to say”). Of course I sent out thank you cards (with a photo) and I did all my returns for gifts (doubles and things I decided I really didn’t need) and I just finally ordered my wedding album which costed me a FORTUNE. =) We also did change my name and everything…
Things to do still??? Well, I’d like to create an album for my parents…they were not tinterested in one of the super expensive ones so I plan to create a more budget friendly one for them using the template of the one I had professiionaly put together….what else, I guess gather my engagement photos, bridal shower photos, rehearsla dinner photos, day after photos and stateside reception and honeymoon photos and find a way to have them exist aside from on my flashdrive. =)
I have all kiinds of stuff from the wdding like our invitations, favors, prayer handouts, program…I suppose I should make a scrapbook.
It will be fun to see what people have left to do that maybe I hadn’t even thought of.