(Closed) NTNT/TTC Now or wait???

posted 5 years ago in TTC
  • poll: What would you do?
    Go ahead and start NTNT. : (12 votes)
    44 %
    Wait until the next cycle, you'd be 4-6 weeks if you get PG right away (probably no symptoms yet). : (4 votes)
    15 %
    Wait until after the trip to NTNT/TTC. : (10 votes)
    37 %
    Other, (comment below). : (1 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    411 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

    Just go for it! Are you coming off birth control or anything? If you are just going to NTNT and don’t time sex the odds of getting pregnant the first time are not all that high. It’s entirely possible to get PG but if I were you I’d go for it now 🙂

    Post # 4
    4582 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

    I’d wait until after the trip. I was nauseous from weeks 6 – 9 and wouldn’t want to deal with that when trying to enjoy a vacation. Sure, it isn’t super likely that you’d get pregnant right away but it is possible.

    Post # 5
    1285 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

    I would just go for it. Even if you are timing it perfectly, your chances of conception each cycle is still only 20%. And if you are lucky enough to get pregnant on your first try, it sounds like no one really gets that sick in your family, so hopefully, you won’t either.

    Post # 7
    1401 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

    I’d wait, just because it can definitely happen in round 1 of NTNP (it happened to us). I was soooo sick from 6 weeks on (at 15 now and still sick), and being away from home would’ve been awful.


    Post # 8
    485 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

    It really depends on what you’re most comfortable with. However, at that point I think I would wait. You never know what symptoms you are going to have and putting it off 7 or 8 weeks isn’t really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things! I’m currently 7 weeks pregnant and having mild symptoms–but it would definitely put a damper on a fun overseas trip! 

    Post # 9
    1423 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2009

    I would wait and pull the goalie on your trip.  What’s a 7-8 week wait?  and you might get a nice souvenir!


    Post # 10
    2465 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

    I think it depends on what kind of trip you’re going on, ie relaxing vs lots of physical activity, are there language barriers, is there access to medical care if absolutely necessary, etc. dh and I will be trying soon and if we get pregnant within about 6 months then I’ll be abroad for part of my pregnancy, but it’s somewhere I feel really comfortable with and know I could find whatver resources I’ll need.

    The topic ‘NTNT/TTC Now or wait???’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors