(Closed) (NWR) Craft & Other Hobbies

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I literally just started knitting 2 weeks ago for the same reason and just finished my first creation yesterday.  A 10 stitch wide, 6 foot long scarf…now on to attempting a patchwork hat 🙂

Post # 4
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I love beading! I’ve been making ornaments for all the women in my life every Christmas for a few years now. I started off making jewelry, but find I don’t really wear it too much and the ornaments are just a huge hit. This year I’m going to try to make little beaded boxes for everyone, if time permits.

These are the boxes I’m going to start making:

Post # 5
2792 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I make silk flower wedding bouquets and arrangements 🙂

SO much fun!

Post # 6
883 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Probably not the best option for most people since it is so time consuming, but I make quilts. 

Here are two of my most recent ones:

My dog has trouble staying off the quilts I’m working on. 

Post # 7
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

If you want something you can do with a minimum of preparation, I enjoy calligraphy. It takes a long time to start getting the letters right, and such, but if I want to sit down and work on it, all I really need to do is grab a fountain pen and some nice paper. It’s what I do when I’m in a lazy creative mood :).

Post # 8
3798 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I scrapbook. I have completed a scrapbook for high school, college, and am now working on one of events after college, as well as one of my dog. I print all the pictures from my camera, and then after I scrapbook them I categorize the ones I didn’t use in a box by year. It’s a good way for me to organize pictures and all those little mementos I get from things, such as tickets. I think it is fun and it is worthwhile!

Post # 10
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Right now I’m making decoupage glass magnets. I don’t have any picture on here unfortunately, but the’yre pretty easy to describe. You just put some flat glass round stones from Michaels, decoupage glue, round magnets and a little decoupage paintbrush. You then find things that you want to make magnets of. I’m currently making a set of 10 for my brother and his gf as a gift of all of the places that are important to them so they are map magnets! They are so easy, you can do them while watching TV or a movie and they are really cute and a perfect gift for anyone!

They’re like this…http://pinterest.com/pin/192779733/

Here’s another (non map) example http://pinterest.com/pin/64142089/

Post # 11
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@soyjoy222: I scrapbook also! I have one from middle school, high school, college, then I’ve done events throughout our engagement and I’ve also made my Fiance a couple 🙂 it’s so fun and a great way to preserve memories!

Post # 12
7777 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’m a sewer. I make clothing and am going to start in on quilting pretty soon. I really want to learn to crochet too.

I also bake and do cake decorating.

Post # 13
527 posts
Busy bee

So many talented ladies!  I sew, scrapbook, paint and make greeting cards.  I realllly want to learn how to knit and crochet!!!

Post # 14
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I do all kinds of things, but most of them are for my friend’s kids.  I made these blocks for a friend’s baby shower.

Post # 15
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

@MaiFuture: wow, that second quilt is beautiful, I would love that in my house!!

Post # 16
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I knit and do jewelry. I kind of quit the scarf I was working on during wedding planning and haven’t gotten back to it yet although our wedding was 3 months ago lol. But I’ve started doing chain maille jewelry which, although it can be kind of expensive to make, is right up my alley. I like making regular jewelry, but I really love working with pliers and weaving the itty bitty rings together to come up with such an interesting creation. I just finished my first bracelet and pair of earrings which I gave to my mom while she was here this weekend and she loved them! They look similar to the picture above except the wire is copper, I loved the warm color.

The topic ‘(NWR) Craft & Other Hobbies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors