(Closed) NWR: Disorders in Children

posted 8 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
5262 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Really, she needs to see a professional. They would know what questions to ask her and what tests to run. Unfortunately if her parents aren’t receptive, I don’t know what you can do. Perhaps you can point out a specific behavior – i.e., “I am worried about (her) because I observed her doing X, Y, Z behaviors and I feel it would benefit her to talk to someone.”

Post # 4
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

As a person who works in the social services field, I work with children and adults who have several mental disorders. My best advice to you is to tell her parents that she needs to be screened. Early detection is one of the best ways to give children with disabilities the most options. Not saying that anything is wrong with her it’s up to her parents. However in this field several times parents won’t accept that maybe something is wrong their child. Talk to other people who are around this little girl, the best thing for her is to go to the doctors. There are several forms of autism, and other disorders which only a doctor can diagnose. Please please take her to the doctors, in most cases caregivers (nanny’s, day cay workers, teachers ect.) are the first people to pick up on signs of delayed development. If you need any more info or need advice on ways to get this little girl screened if her parents won’t please pm me.

Post # 5
322 posts
Helper bee

As I was reading your post describing this little girl, before I even got to the bottom where you said it, I was thinking “sounds like she’s autistic”. I have a cousin who is autistic and my mom noticed something was off before the parents did. This was 16 years ago when I was 11 so I don’t remember all the details but I think she said stuff to them and they weren’t happy but she ended up being right. It’s a sticky situation so just be careful with how you approach it and make sure you are prepared for the parents to get angry with you for suggesting it if you say something. This seems to be a normal response so try your best not to take it personally.

Post # 6
527 posts
Busy bee

I agree that she needs to be screened by a doctor.  I used to work with children who had autism/aspergers and other related disorders. The sooner it can be diagnosed the better.

The topic ‘NWR: Disorders in Children’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors