(Closed) NWR: Do you look like your mom or dad?

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: I look like my
    Mom : (83 votes)
    36 %
    Dad : (88 votes)
    39 %
    I am an even mix of both! : (57 votes)
    25 %
  • Post # 62
    2268 posts
    Buzzing bee

I look very similar to my Dad (skin colour, eye colour, hair colour and curl, mouth shape, eye lashes, etc.) though I have a few of my Mothers features (nose and face shape).

My younger sister is the spitting image of our Mum. We have a photo from when Mum was about 5 years old and the only way you can tell it’s not my sister is because of the quality of the photo; they honestly look identical.

Post # 63
    1402 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

@howtobeawife:  pretty much exactly the same.

When people who know my mom meet me, even if it’s not around her they go “oh you must be W’s daughter” no way… Howd you guess??

I also have resigned myself looking like my mom as being quite unlike her. I went into the same field as she’s worked in my whole life and her coworkers definitely didnt know how to keep up. We look the same and we have similar genes but we’re very very different people!

Post # 64
    79 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Quite a bit like my dad – he is very dark haired, dark eyes, he is half Russion Jew. I have inherited his colouring (although he’s darker skinned than me) and his height. he is 6ft 5ins and I am almost 5ft 10ins. My mum is tiny and blonde with green eyes and neither I nor my brother look anything like her at all. Facially I’m not so much like my dad, but my brother and half sister look very similar to him. My youngest half sister looks exactly like I did at her age apparently. My dad obvioulsy has the strongest genes!

Post # 65
    2113 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

It’s difficult to say. I definitely think I look more like my dad than my brother and sister do

From mom: hair color, eye color and size, eyebrows, height. 

From dad: skintone/ability to tan, smile, lips, build of body, facial structure. 

Post # 66
    2965 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I look like my dad! My brother does too (but he is not my mom’s son)

Post # 67
    3370 posts
    Sugar bee

@howtobeawife:  Daddy’s girl here, but I do often talk or laugh like my Mom. And the older I get the more I see hints of my Mom in my facial features.

Post # 68
    7976 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

Ugh. Mum.

The sad thing is that, if you look at pictures of her at 30 and me at 30, you would say that I was her older sister. I’ve had a much harder life, and it shows on my face, although I would say that I still have a baby face compared to others.

Post # 69
    709 posts
    Busy bee

My face resembles the one of my mom (and the one of my grandma, and my cousin). 

(But we have a different figure; she is smaller and a lot more womanly)

Post # 70
    1105 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I look like my Mum BUT I look a lot like my grandmother too, when she was younger. It’s a shame we were never close… 

Post # 71
    4494 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I look just like my mom…

Post # 72
    1252 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I look exactly like my mom

The topic ‘NWR: Do you look like your mom or dad?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors