(Closed) NWR – Euro Cup 2012 Thread

posted 6 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 5
1348 posts
Bumble bee

I would be if I could actually watch, I always miss internet feeds and have no TV let alone expanded sports programming, reading about it just isn’t the same. I’m a Germany fan I think my SO roots for Ireland and Germany as well (Austria usually doesn’t do as well)… haven’t seen which he’d pick out of the two. During the World Cup we are able to watch at most bars.

Post # 7
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

they have giant screens set up in some of the parks here so my husband and I will be watching with thousands of danish fans.. they do that for most big matches and its usually quite an experience.  I don’t think most people expect too much from the national team (especially with the group they have) so it should be fun regardless of whether they win or lose.

Post # 8
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Super excited for the euro’s. I am living in Europe so it is crazy here. I support the Netherlands and England. For the Netherlands, I am a little worried about being placed in the “group of death” with Germany and Portugal, but I am pretty confident of our chances. With England, I don’t even think we will make it out of the group stages this year.

Post # 9
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Miss Smurf:  at least you’re pretty much guaranteed a win with the danes… 😉

Post # 10
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m not really a big football fan, but my fiance will be covering the Eurocup (he’s a football journalist). And we met during the WorldCup. 😀 We live in Spain, so I’m going to have to go for Spain all the way. I think Germany has a pretty good chance, though!

Post # 12
533 posts
Busy bee

@jenangelesI’m not sure….. I think Denmark can totally be the underdogs because all the focus is on the other teams in the group. We will find out tomorrow!

@couawilou: Ughh Portugal (shaking my fist in the air!). Actually I am excited for Portugal vs Netherlands… remember in 2006: 4 red cards and 12 yellow cards! 

Post # 15
533 posts
Busy bee

I am shocked at how good the opening game was!  I thought for sure it was going to be boring.  Although the ref didn’t have the best game!

@couawilou: Good luck tomorrow against Germany!  I will hopefully stay awake the entire game (it starts at 8:45pm over here, and I am 40 weeks pregnant!).  Perhaps I will partake in a nice non-alcoholic beer during the game!

The topic ‘NWR – Euro Cup 2012 Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors