(Closed) NWR: Honor and Respect in the church vs at work & VENT

posted 6 years ago in Christian
Post # 3
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

Yes, Christ taught forgiveness, but forgiveness doesn’t mean subjecting yourself to people who treat you like crap. You Fiance did the right thing in separating himself from the church and the church should be feeling guilty that they pushed someone away.

Post # 3
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I totally get what he is saying. And its probably true .

However, it probably wasn’t neccesary to put it on facebook.

The problem is it hurts those people who aren’t those types of Christians. Its like defamation.

Post # 5
2893 posts
Sugar bee

Using God as an excuse to live an un-Christian lifestyle by showing others no respect, tearing them down, be generally unkind, is not ok. Jesus didn’t treat people like garbage because he had a ticket to God and they aren’t afforded that luxury either. Being Christian is more than just attending service every Sunday. I’m glad he finally found a place that would accept and respect him. No one, faith aside, deserves to be treated like that.

Post # 6
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

While it’s sad that his church didn’t treat him with the respect he deserves, assuming that people who don’t go to church/aren’t in church would automatically be meaner/less moral than people who are in church/religious is pretty offensive. Morality and kindness is not exclusive to religion or churches.

Post # 7
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

@Eva Peron:  he was posting about “his old church”. I don’t see how that goes against all Christians.

OP, I reall think its people like this who give organized religion a bad name, and why so many people turn away from the church.  Its a catch-22, they teach you love for all and forgiveness, but promote bigotry and condemnation. Sorry, but that’s how it is. Why else would there be so much adversary when it comes to legalizing same sex marriage and the new healthcare reform?? If people would just learn to separate church and state, a lot of these issues wouldn’t even BE issues

Post # 8
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper

A church leader is no different from me and you. We are all the same in Gods eyes, no one is higher or better than the other.

We are brothers and sisters in Christ.

I always try to keep in mind that two wrongs don’t make a right. No one should be barred from forgiveness. You don’t have to love them and be friends with them, but you do need to grant them that courtsey since the Father has done so for you.

Post # 9
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@MrsSl82be:  I read that he was working in a Church and then got a job in a ‘secular” place and found more respect their. I didn’t read it was a differnt church.

Anyways, I totally get what your saying. but just like the “one million moms” and a zilliion other things in the media about Christians, one begins to think thats what a Christian is ( how they all think and act) and which is why they are bashed and get a bad name.

Post # 11
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

@Eva Peron:  oh gotcha!!

Well, maybe its time for the people who are true Christians to start owning it, and make more noise than the others. Show that there really are good Christians around, regardless of what is portrayed to the masses.

Its the same thing with pit bulls, people believe what the media portrays. Sad, but true

Post # 12
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

@MrsSl82be:  I think the trouble is the nice Christians are quiet and mind their own business. The mean ones are loud enough that everyone hears them. :

Post # 13
5655 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

If your husband was given title & responsibility of being head of a ministry & was treated like that then ALL that were under him & involved in that kind of behaviour need a lesson in SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY! While we are all the same as in love received… there ARE different judgments & responsibilities. Having been in ministry for a few years now & having to learn how to deal with disagreement in things done I’ve learned…. there are alot of things I’m going to be judged for, coming against my Spiritual Leaders is NOT one I want.

Even when someone who is head of ministry (ie. Pastor, Ministry Leader, even a Team Leader) is wrong, they are the spiritual head of that church, dept, or team… and when you are under them it is your job to NOT come against them, NOT bring in strife, and NOT work against what God is wanting to do through them.

IF you DO disagree with something then what you’re job is is to PRAY that they’re guided by God and that they won’t be distracted by circumstance or things that they see….. not come against them and tear them down. This is what those people should’ve been doing for your husband. That he’d be BUILT UP & LED by God so that God could do what He wanted to do there.

The only thing your husband needs to be concerned about is keeping his heart clean and NOT let in bitterness or resentment or even entitlement to feeling jipped… or upset with them. That’s where the mercy & forgiveness comes in. That doesn’t mean that he needs to continue subjecting himself to opposition though…. unless God told him to stay there and just wait for the breakthrough anyways.

There have been many times when God wants to do something awesome thorugh someone or a group of people/ministry but can’t b/c they won’t follow His leading & appointed leader…. that doesn’t fall on your husband, & I’m glad that your husband has found a place where He has more favor. Hopefully one day that ministry will be able to come together… it’s just too bad that it had to be prolonged. =/

The topic ‘NWR: Honor and Respect in the church vs at work & VENT’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors