(Closed) NWR – Hotel Rooms & Housekeeping

posted 8 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i’ll put the DND sign up whenever i’m in the room, or if i know i’m only going out for an hour or so. but i love having my room cleaned everyday! it’s a luxury i don’t get at home 🙂

Post # 4
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

We leave ours up. We don’t like giving the opportunity for people to snoop through our stuff (or see what computer/camera equipment we’ve brought). Plus, it’s just such a waste! I wouldn’t have them change the sheets/towels every day, anyway. So there’s really no point to have them come every day! We have them come every 3-4 days.

Post # 5
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I keep ours up when we’re in the room. Depending on how long we’re there sometimes I just request fresh towels. I don’t think it’s weird at all. I do think that story about the manager and hosuekeeper coming to your FI’s room is pretty funny, though! I’ll have to keep that in mind.

Post # 6
1432 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Ryansgirl: LOL I just laughed while reading your story.  That’s pretty funny, but I can imagine being annoyed at the time.  I guess it’s good they checked on him in case he had passed out or something bad like that.  

Have you ever seen the movie Four Rooms?  I’m reminded of the scene with Antonio Banderas: He and his wife leave the two young kids in the hotel room while they go out for new year’s eve, and the kids find a dead prostitute in between the mattresses.  It’s WAY funnier than what I’ve just described.  Which is kind of disturbing.

Post # 7
Hostess
16195 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I don’t really utilize the DND sign, but I have asked for housekeeping to return an hour or so later when I am not in the room. I admit that I like things being cleaned up for me every day. A little perk of traveling. 🙂

Post # 8
2829 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I don’t like the idea of a stranger being in an unoccupied room with my belongings.I’m always worried something will be stolen or a suitcase rummaged through.

In the case of your husband being disturbed while trying to nap I would have been livid if I were him — when I get mad in situations like this, I don’t stop myself, I would have let all hell break loose, yelling and griping about being disturbed from my rest & the wrath of poor reviews for their hotel.

Post # 9
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We left ours up on the first night we got to Vegas because the room was a diaster (we had so much to do the first 2 days- get license, go to the Grand Canyon for the full day and then go to my bach party that night). Anyway, we got back from the GC and they had come in anyway cleaning around our mess! It was nice of them but I was so embarassed! They had put all my toiletries that I had spread all over the bathroom counter on a towel, haha!

Post # 10
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I personally don’t think it is weird we do it too when at hotels because I think it is a waste. But I work for a hotel, one of the big nicer “chains”, and it is pretty uncommon for people to not want service. Guests get VERY upset when their room has not been serviced and we have to end up giving out free rooms, our fault or not. As long as that little DND sign is on the door we are not allowed to knock/open that door. And weird things happen in rooms all the time so it does not surprise me that they wanted to check his room just to be safe, I don’t think it is very common for that to happen though especially since they talked to him on the phone.

Post # 12
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I always want my room cleaned, however, one of my best friends works for the Ritz and she said she would NEVER let housekeeping come in. So that tells me something…

The topic ‘NWR – Hotel Rooms & Housekeeping’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors