(Closed) NWR: How would you blow $1,000 in one day, in a dumb way?

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 92
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I would give $500 to my Fiance to have a fun day with his friends and I would take my bestie to a day spa and drink champagne while getting pampered 🙂

Post # 93
3140 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Shopping for expensive things, full day at the spa, extravagant hotel … Money on things I would never usually buy because it’s far too expensive. 

Post # 94
7977 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

@aggie2010:  It’s not dumb. It’#s magical. And it costs less than 1,000 USD.

OK, something dumb… I would buy several cat enclosures and/or cat fence my back garden. Making your house into a kitty theme park must qualify, surely?

Post # 95
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I would put it towards jeep stuff for my Fiance

Post # 96
3075 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - A court...

Shoes. & clothes galore. Ugh I used to wear sneakers all the time. & I’m just noticing the cute different styles & want them all!! Also I saw this cute doggie bed that looked like a mini couch so I’d get that as we’ll… And vases! And fake flowers! Oh and real plants for our patio!! 

Post # 97
2268 posts
Buzzing bee

I wouldn’t say this is ‘dumb’ but if I had $1,000 to blow right now I would spend it all at a spa.

I am so in need of a mani/pedi, a full body massage, a facial, a mud bath and a body wrap.

Post # 98
4047 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’d spend a good $400 on a fancy ass dinner for me and Darling Husband. And then I’d spend the other $600 playing blackjack in Vegas (at the $10 minimum table because I am a wuss). I got hooked on honeymoon… I dream of blackjack now. Well, maybe I’d lay down $100 on a single hand to make this even more “dumb” for the thread.

Post # 99
997 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’d go on a shopping spree with most of it and then treat myself and my Fiance to a fancy dinner. 

Post # 100
255 posts
Helper bee

I’m moving to a bigger place in 6 days, so I’d buy home stuff.

I’m so boring!

Or…  I’d pay for a chunk of my Valentino D’orsay pumps I desperately want for my wedding.

Post # 101
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I would buy ball pit balls and dump them off at the local elementary school… Anonymously in the dead of night.

Post # 102
Hostess
3367 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I’m 7 months pregnant, so sign me up for an AMAZING spa day! 

Post # 103
930 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

$1000 huh?

-$180 for the 2nd Empreinte bra I fell in love with

-$160 for a pair of Tieks in ballet pink

-$60 for sterling silver ball studs off Blue Nile

-$100 for silver jeggings that actually fit instead of the pair I bought a size too big because they were on sale for $20

-$200 for pearl stud earrings. Not outrageous ones, but I lost one a few months ago and Id like to replace them

-$300 I would get a 16 x 20 wedding picture framed for our living room. This $300 would get us non-reflective glass and an amazing wood frame from the fancy framing store in town

I could blow $1000 pretty fast actually…

Post # 104
10452 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

House stuff! I love Bed Bath and Beyond. 

Post # 105
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Definitely a full spa day! That would be amazing!

Post # 106
1521 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I don’t know if it’s dumb or not, but I would go to one of those ridiculously expensive restaruants for a multi-course tasting menu! Ten courses of insanely gourmet food!

The topic ‘NWR: How would you blow $1,000 in one day, in a dumb way?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors