(Closed) NWR: Medical Bees, Help!

posted 6 years ago in Wellness
  • poll: What would you do?
    Go to ER/Urgent Care ASAP : (2 votes)
    9 %
    Wait until next week's doctors appointment : (21 votes)
    91 %
    Eh... Ignore it : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    3771 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 1999

    I think you are fine to wait until next week. The ER is for true emergenices-bleeding, not breathing, etc.  The other thing I would try is calling your doctor’s office and tell them the problem, most offices have same day appointments or short visits that patients can schedule much quicker than a physical appointment (those are longer appointments).

    Post # 4
    10646 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: January 2011

    I wouldn’t go into the ER, but if you are that concerned go to a walk-in.  I also agree that you should call your doctor, even if he/she can’t get you in earlier that can at least offer advice if you need to be seen ASAP or if it can wait.

    Post # 5
    873 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

    A lot of urgent care places let you make an “appointment”, i.e, you get put on the list beore you go in.  Cuts down on the wait time.  That’s what I’d do.  Honestly, as a former scuba diver, the words air bubbles and rib cage kinda freak me out a bit.

    Post # 6
    1837 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

    i would probably wait until next week if it were me.  also, could iti be getting sore b/c you keep pressing on it?

    Post # 8
    3471 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

    I definitely wouldn’t go to an ER, but a trip to urgent care, or at least a call to the nurse advice line probably isn’t a bad idea.  The problem with keeping your appointment is that’s for a physical– depending on your dr’s office, they may not have time to examine it, and they may end up telling you to make an appointment and come back, thus further delaying a diagnosis/treatment. 

    Post # 9
    5659 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

    I”m sure waiting until next week is fine. UNLESS in the next few days it starts really  hurting bad quickly or grows quickly then I’d go in asap. Otherwise it probably won’t make much of a difference to wait.

    The topic ‘NWR: Medical Bees, Help!’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors