(Closed) NWR: Nightmare last night & now I’m kinda paranoid

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2077 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Aw, serabell!  Keep telling yourself it was just a dream!

I have, self-diagnosed, chronic nightmares (I get them 4-6 nights a week) and have learned how to convince myself to forget about the dreams.  Well, maybe not forget about them, but at least not think about them constantly.

It’ll just take a little time to stop thinking about it.  Try to keep yourself busy, or try to change what you’re thinking about as soon as your mind wanders to your dream.  I also always tell my dreams to my Fiance if they really bother me.  Actually verbalizing them and hearing myself talk about it calms me down.  Try not to dwell on it, that ALWAYS makes it worse.

Post # 5
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I agree with @LindsayB:, address it, talk about it if that helps, reassure yourself it’s only a dream, and then try to keep busy to keep your mind off of it. I totally understand, I’ve had some nights where I have the same terrible dream over and over, almost to the point of calling a friend at 3:30 to come sleep over.

If you want to take some steps to help yourself feel better, you can always install some front motion-detector lights or a door peep hole or other safety measures. I don’t need to lock my bedroom door since my outside doors are all locked, but I still do. While it’s only a dream, safety measures are always beneficial and can help ease your mind.

Post # 6
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@canthugallcats:I HATE those dreams! The ones that are so scary and real-life-like. But just like the other bees said, just keep reassuring yourself it was only a dream. Eventually it will fade. It ight take a little longer than others, but it will.

(I know this isn’t very constructive, but I do have to say this part made my hair stand on end: “I opened the door (didn’t have my contacts in) & she wouldn’t go outside. I just watch her stand there, then look outside & there is a man on my porch.”)

Post # 8
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I had one of these when the FH was working out of town.  Freaked me out for days.  I even slept with the 22 on the nightstand and one on the kitchen table.  It only stopped freaking me out when the FH came home and I could sleep with my ear on his chest (my cure all for most everything).  FH still thinks it’s funny that he came home and there were loaded weapons scattered trough out the house.

Post # 9
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@tksjewelry:hehehe! Nothing like being prepared!

Post # 10
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would try to do some research on the meaning of your dreams. A lot of times they mean something different than you would realize at first. I found out that if you dream of someone dieing, it means someone is pregnant. Who knows if it actually is true, but it makes me feel less freaked out about nightmares and sometimes it’s actually fun to try to decode all of the symbolism.

Post # 11
1124 posts
Bumble bee

Oh no! I’m so sorry, I hate those type of dreams. They really shake you up! FH knows when I have them because I start clutching him in my sleep.

Post # 12
1669 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

OMG!! How scary.  I had a dream just like that and think about it from time to time.  I think it has made me more aware of my surrounds which I think is a good thing!!  Have you been watching crime shows?  At the time I had that dream I was watching a lot of forensic files so I think that is why I had that dream.   Just like your dream it was so realistic!!  It was about getting robbed too. 

Post # 13
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

this happens to me once in awhile too. i’ll dream about being mugged or robbed or worse, and i’ll be scared that something will actually happen for the next week or so. eventually you forget about it…it just takes a few days!

The topic ‘NWR: Nightmare last night & now I’m kinda paranoid’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors