(Closed) NYC – Jam Paper & Envelope?

posted 11 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

I haven’t been to JAM for years, so I can’t comment (and I’ve never been to a Paper Source–I don’t think they have them in NYC), but if you’re making the trip I’d also check out Paper Presentation (paperpresentation.com).  They have a really great selection of papers at good prices; I just bought some paper for my invitations there this weekend.  Just as an example, a 50-pack of red 4-bar envelopes there is $8, whereas at Paper Source (at least according to their website) a 10-pack is $3.

Post # 4
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2004

I personally think paper presentation is extremely expensive.  I tend to shop online for paper-source and there quality of flat note cards or folded cards are way better than paper-presentation.  You should check out print icon on the same block of paper-presentation and their flat cards are very reasonable price.  I got 50 5×5 flat cards for $5.50.    Here’s the info:   Print Icon (212) 255-44897 W 18th StNew York, NY http://www.printicon.com/index.htm?    

Post # 6
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I actually like Jam Paper and bought my e-cardstoke and envelopes there. The store is not the most attractive but it serves its purpose.  The sale section is wonderful. I bought apple green envelopes, 25 for $2 and my cardstock was 30 cents/pp. After stencilling and printing out the text, each card including the stamp came out to 84 cents a peice! Note there are more envelope selections than paper. They also have bags, ribbons and labels as well.

I’m looking to visit Paper Source soon and will definitely have to check out Paper Presentation as well…have fun

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee

I ordered several products from Jam Paper for my wedding invitations. I asked for 2-day shipping and did not get the products I ordered for 5 days. (I ordered on a Thursday and did not get them until Wednesday of the following week.) When I got the box, it had two gaping holes in the bottom of it. UPS dropped it off, and I didn’t get a chance to sign for it. The products were packed in a very thin box that said "100 Envelopes" on the outside of it– a manufacturer’s box that shouldn’t have been used to ship such a heavy order. On top of that, all of the products were not wrapped in bubble wrap or secured in ANY way. Horrible packing job!!! So, 75% of the order was ruined… with most of the paper and all of the envelopes bent. So, I called and was told by one of their customer service reps (Ann Marie) that "life happens." I asked what she was going to do about it, and she told me that it was UPS’s fault. They refused to take any kind of ownership for the box being poorly packed OR for not delivering on their promised date. My $600 paper order was ruined, and they refused to do anything for me. We wanted to get answers from them on how they could make it better. When my fiancee got on the phone and began to ask questions, they actually had the nerve to ask him if he was DEAF. We just wanted the problem resolved, and their customer service agents made the problem 10 times worse. So, with no other options and NEVER wanting to do business with them again, we had UPS pick up the box 2 months ago to be investigated (on whose fault it was) and still haven’t heard anything from Jam Papers. Instead of ordering from Jam Papers again, we went with a company out of Illinois for our invitations called Envelope Mall (envelopemall.com). Great customer service at Envelope Mall, better prices, and they followed through with their promises. 

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee

Jam Paper and Envelope’s store might be nice, but their customer service agents are horrible!!  Take my advice and go through another company, because if something goes wrong, you will surely be out of luck!!!  

The topic ‘NYC – Jam Paper & Envelope?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors