1. Venue was the priciest for me, but I have only 50 guests half of which are my family and its once in a lifetime, I spent $246/head at the Waldorf (originally 303/head including tax an dtip, I bargained hard), quality over quantity I wanted a beautiful elegant wedding with the most important people in my life not a huge one where the quality was lower; included is a honeymoon room, cake, dancefloor, champagne, open bar all 5 hours, candles were thrown in, I bargained and pitched as hard as possible. I had no time to deal with vendors or bakers or doing it in Long Island or some other far place, I’m a busy professional.
2. Photographer: $1000, a friend who freelances on the side I’ve already seen his work and love it, includes all proofs, free photoshop of 20 shots, he has an assistant, and he’s throwing in the rehearsal, I said I’d rather have the bachelorette party shot instead; unlimited shots, all day long
3. Hair and make-up: $80 for an updo $30 for makeup
4. Gown: hopefully as low as $300; I have a $500 gift certificate at Kleinfeld and the sample sale the designer dresses go down as low as $800, if cross finger I like something I may be able ot get something as low as $300 for a designer dress, cross fingers
5. Flowers: $360-$460 depending on how many guests come in; I’m doing my own bouquet of 25 roses; I’m having a whole saler floral shop do a dome of roses; I want to keep it simple bec. the room is already elaborate and the tables will be smaller than the usual and I already have votive candles; Iwant it simple and elegant and my favorite flower ofred roses.
6. $50 for my own car, I hired a co-worker ot drive us around in my red BMW, its always been there for me may as well include it in my wedding, I’ll put fancy ribbonsit.
8. Veil, tiara, cathedral veil: free my mom is gettin it for me in the philippines
still working on transport of guests need ashuttle bus
so my biggest expenses are venue, church and photographery, everything else I’m penny pinching so I can afford a grand reception at the Waldorf–I’m so excited!