(Closed) NYE 2015 brides?

posted 5 years ago in Reception
  • poll:
  • Post # 2
    262 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2016 - Madame CJ Walker Building

I love the idea of a NYE wedding! Funny, last night I was talking to my boyfriend about wedding dates. He said when he asks me he doesnt want to prolong it or wait. I gave him 2 options:

NYE 2015 or March 19th 2016

So maybe……lolololol

Post # 4
    929 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

BUT… what if people have parties to go to? or go away? Will children be at your wedding? I’m sure some people would love a NYE wedding but i think logistically any wedding on a holiday is not the greatest idea. 

Post # 5
    861 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2015

I’m getting married this NYE!  We encountered a little pushback from our parents when we first suggested the date, but we sent out save the dates in January so people had a lot of notice.  We also have a lot of people from out of town but I don’t think people in town will need that much notice – most people I know don’t get NYE plans together until late fall, and lots will be back from vacations by that point.

Anyway, let’s see.  We got engaged in September and started planning in October.  We booked the venue, caterer, photographer, florist, DJ, and ceremony musicians.  I ordered save the dates from Vistaprint, and they turned out great!  Still working on invitations.

We’re having about 170 people at a historical building, with ceremony and reception in the same place.  (And after-party, because we don’t want our guests wandering the streets on NYE trying to get into a bar!)  We are allowing children, but will have a shuttle going back and forth to the venue so it will be easy for parents to leave early.  We are also having a babysitter onsite.

Congratulations on the engagement!  NYE was not what I had in mind but it has been very fun to plan!!

Post # 6
    1099 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    carmenere620:  congrats on your new engagement! 

I’m a NYE 2015 bride! We’re getting married during the day though well before midnight. Intimate ceremony for under 50ppl in a vintage b&b style hotel. Quick reception in the parlour (living) room and library where an afternoon tea menu will be passed follwed by cake and champagne. Whole thing should wrap up by 2pm giving our guest plenty of time to get to their NYE plans for the night. After we’ve soaked up some newlywed time and had dinner we’re inviting our wedding party (all 4 of them lol plus their dates) to our hotel suite…. we’ve booked one of those that’s like a hospitality suite with a walled off living room, kitchen, etc…..for a low-key NYE party 

The topic ‘NYE 2015 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors